Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I didn't notice a difference in performance at all between the two speeds.

Hmm interesting. Thank you. I'll have to read some articles and watch some youtube vids on the Asus H370 and Gigabyte Z370 boards. The Asus Z370 board is way too expensive compared to H370 model. They look essentially the same but there's a £50 price difference.

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Will a 120mm AIO fit in under the PSU, or would a tophat be required? And are two 120mm AIO coolers able to fit in one top hat on top (ie two separate 1x120mm rads).

Is anyone planning a dual AIO setup? Or are most people leaning toward the NH-L12 (and with the included fan, the upgraded NF-92 fan, or the NF-A12x15 fan)?

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Will a 120mm AIO fit in under the PSU, or would a tophat be required? And are two 120mm AIO coolers able to fit in one top hat on top (ie two separate 1x120mm rads).

Is anyone planning a dual AIO setup? Or are most people leaning toward the NH-L12 (and with the included fan, the upgraded NF-92 fan, or the NF-A12x15 fan)?
you can not fir an AiO under the psu.
theorically you could with a slim fan but the cables would get in the way

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
There will be some trapped gasses in any fluid*, and to some extent some free gas within the loop helps with temperature and pressure compensation (easier to squash a gas pocket than try and stretch the tubing itself, which may result in fittings loosening).

* Unless you perform degassing (like ultrasonic or vacuum) and keep it in a sealed container until filling a sealed system, and your sealed system never has any leaks or porosity. So basically never in any practical system not using aerospace-grade parts and with an explicit pre/post-purge filling sequence.

Makes a lot of sense, thanks for the info!

abear182

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
Loque finally got the cases in there hands... More pictures to come Thursday.

Last edited:

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Loque finally got the cases in there hands... More pictures to come Thursday.

I'm just seeing "?"
Can you host those away from Slack?

edit: Thank you for the fix. Gosh that green finish looks a lot better than I thought. Might be my new favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardedswede

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
it might be my immagination but the gap between the front and the side on the silver one looks bigger
Actually, it's not your imagination. I see it too. And the gap is not evenly distributed from the top to the bottom. The top has more Gap, while the bottom is tighter.
It's apparent in all three colors if you look closely, more so on the black case.
And it's not the camera angle either. It's a manufacturing thing.

Also, the top removable panel appears to be very thin and malleable. Look at the silver one- that panel is wavy and not flushed with the side panels.

I can't be the only one seeing this? Anyone?

Last edited:

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
Actually, it's not your imagination. I see it too. And the gap is not evenly distributed from the top to the bottom. The top has more Gap, while the bottom is tighter.
It's apparent in all three colors if you look closely, more so on the black case.

Also, the top removable panel appears to be very thin and malleable. Look at the silver one- that panel is wavy and not flushed with the side panels.

I definitely looks that way on silver, but it really doesn't appear that way on the green imo. I'm pretty sure that is a camera angle issue. Also, professional quality photo's will be released on Thursday

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017

The silver case in the top photo does appear to have a little problem with the side panel at the bottom left corner, it looks a little bent. Can't see it on the other side of the case in any of the following three photos though.

I wish they were better photographers though, all of the photos are pretty much shit, especially the crappy uneven lighting (for natural reasons, mixing sun light and in-door office lights). If I didn't know better (i.e. that they're just a couple of quick shots), I'd almost suspect they're trying to hide manufacturing imperfections. :p

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Went with the ash just in case there would be slight alignment issues. I guessing these are still samples. The silver top panel on the limestone case looks unfinished. Anodizing irons out the imperfections.

Reactions: Biowarejak

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Went with the ash just in case there would be slight alignment issues. I guessing these are still samples. The silver top panel on the limestone case looks unfinished. Anodizing irons out the imperfections.

That silver top panel seems to actually be one of the nickel grills, an aftermarket accessory, same as the copper grill. So no anodization.

pcm

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2018
I really want to purchase the Ghost S1 case, but I want a well engineered product. The top grill looks wafer thin. :(

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
I really want to purchase the Ghost S1 case, but I want a well engineered product. The top grill looks wafer thin. :(

faggan is engeniring this top hat/ reservoir/ pump mount for this case.

this is thick enough if you are ok going custom loop

btw the new eta is early september

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

lachoneus

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 12, 2018
Ooo. I love how you missed and matched the to grills. That limestone case was awesome. The limestone case with the copper top is even better, but that green case with the copper top is a work of art.

Also when looking at those pictures is there a place on the to grill for 4 optional screws to hold it down? Because that would be so much more practical. As cool as toollees is, having it so my 2 year old can't take the top off and touch stuff on the inside of my case would be really nice. I was a little worried about just having the pull tab on the back the top grill.

Edit: added second paragraph.