Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
@23571113 I'm sorry for sort of misunderstanding you. I feel I've been here long enough to see some projects launch and others fail. I don't want to see the Loque team start working on other projects or changing their design before they can ship a solid product. Look at Tesla. They made the roadster until they could make the Model S, then the did that until they could do the X and 3. Some creators get hung up on appealing to many demands or adding so many features that they forget to make their product. I do like the design and simplicity of the S1 and I think it could translate into other form factors. What I want to say is that there are others who have made beautiful aluminum cases and Loque doesn't need to try to enter that space for a while.

Reactions: 23571113

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
I'll repeat what I said on the reddit post of the video
"To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed in Jay's build/review. I was really hoping he would do a full custom loop."
Jay doesn't seem knowledgeable of ITX systems at all and he didn't do a good job of actually showing off the case. I wish he understood how few people have the case and how much we would have wanted to see an in-depth build video. Also, and this is a bit more tinfoil hat, but I think he has been having issues with Loque. He had said a few times that he was waiting on the silver one and he would do a custom loop in it and he still doesn't have the silver one and this one was probably done in 1 hour so why did it take weeks for it to come out? Maybe he is annoyed with them or there are issues in the production of the case? I'm really not sure. But on a more positive note, there is the biggest video the Ghost S1 has been in and it'll attract a lot of eyes and attention which is good for the community.

Reactions: SilviaS13

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
I'll repeat what I said on the reddit post of the video
"To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed in Jay's build/review. I was really hoping he would do a full custom loop."
Jay doesn't seem knowledgeable of ITX systems at all and he didn't do a good job of actually showing off the case. I wish he understood how few people have the case and how much we would have wanted to see an in-depth build video. Also, and this is a bit more tinfoil hat, but I think he has been having issues with Loque. He had said a few times that he was waiting on the silver one and he would do a custom loop in it and he still doesn't have the silver one and this one was probably done in 1 hour so why did it take weeks for it to come out? Maybe he is annoyed with them or there are issues in the production of the case? I'm really not sure. But on a more positive note, there is the biggest video the Ghost S1 has been in and it'll attract a lot of eyes and attention which is good for the community.
I believe he said in a vid a few months ago that Louqe was planning to send him a silver case when it was the final version. So he tried to hold out for that to arrive before doing a build, but people kept bugging him about the case, so he went ahead and did a build in the black one to hold people over.
And you're right, he's not an SFF guy, he even says it's by far the smallest pc he's ever built.
I'm looking forward to the custom loop version he does eventually.

edit: But please Jay... please remember that corsair makes sfx power supplies...

SAS

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2017
Is thete any update on the case? I want to know when we could order more tophats and to change colors etc.

Last I saw was that they had a slight delay and that we would be seeing the case in May instead of April.

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Is thete any update on the case? I want to know when we could order more tophats and to change colors etc.

Last I saw was that they had a slight delay and that we would be seeing the case in May instead of April.

Latest updates are being discussed on Slack, so I urge any backers/slackers here to check up on Slack weekly if not daily. Regarding more on TopHats, add-ons and such, you'll be contacted prior to shipping in form of survey, but Patrik kindly asked everyone to think twice before changing color as that will make LOUQE to lose money or even cause delays. Also latest info on shipping is "Expect Deliveries in May".

Last edited:

Tiun

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 22, 2017
Hi, I'm a Kickstarter backer. My invitation to the slack has expired since I didn't click on the link received on January 10...Can someone please invite me again so I can follow the project progress more efficiently ?
I can send you some more informations (mail, kickstarter backer number, ...) if you want to,
Thanks in advance

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Hi, I'm a Kickstarter backer. My invitation to the slack has expired since I didn't click on the link received on January 10...Can someone please invite me again so I can follow the project progress more efficiently ?
I can send you some more informations (mail, kickstarter backer number, ...) if you want to,
Thanks in advance

Hey Tiun, give me your email, here or in DM, and I'll try to send over a new invite for Ghost Slack. Cheers.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
What about air filter on sides/botom panels?

Also would be nice to have mounting point for a fan on the side panel facing the motherboard to increase the airflow when you use an AIO

And since we can put a 25mm fan on the bottom, wouldn't it be compatible with 3.5" drive?

Last edited:

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
What about air filter on sides/botom panels?

Also would be nice to have mounting point for a fan on the side panel facing the motherboard to increase the airflow when you use an AIO

And since we can put a 25mm fan on the bottom, wouldn't it be compatible with 3.5" drive?

Magnetic fan filters are being developed as we speak and will come as add-on prolly with Ghost dispatch, bottom and side panels. As how to increase airflow, well get one TopHat and place it on the bottom of the case thus producing positive pressure from those bottom fans. You can even go with both S or M TopHat if you want standard 120mm fans, and yes M TopHat is natively compatible with 3.5" HDDs.

ebc92

Average Stuffer
Mar 4, 2018
What is the status on development of the non-vented windowed side panel and wooden top panel? It also looks like you're still accepting slackers on the web shop, can you confirm this?

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
What is the status on development of the non-vented windowed side panel and wooden top panel? It also looks like you're still accepting slackers on the web shop, can you confirm this?

I believe those add-ons are on hold for now, but will come in later hopefully. Yes you can still pre-order at LOUQE website with May 2018. as the earliest estimated dispatch. If you're debating I'd advise haste cos not too many units are left out there! ;)

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Just saying... this thread has started almost a year ago and still no production case in the wild yet... you're losing momentum here. Skandinavian pride or whatever, perfection is an impossible goal. Ship already.

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Just saying... this thread has started almost a year ago and still no production case in the wild yet... you're losing momentum here. Skandinavian pride or whatever, perfection is an impossible goal. Ship already.

TBH when I first saw Ghost ETA I was actually surprised to find its coming so soon, especially when you calculate in all the if and ifs behind such project. So yeah no worries there, they're shipping soon. :p

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
As how to increase airflow, well get one TopHat and place it on the bottom of the case thus producing positive pressure from those bottom fans. You can even go with both S or M TopHat if you want standard 120mm fans, and yes M TopHat is natively compatible with 3.5" HDDs.
I was talking about the side panel facing the motherboard where they are the space to put a fan if you go for an aio solution (the cpu waterblock being way shorter than a radiator for air cooling) but no mounting point for it (it would just need a removeable bracket to attach on top of the motherboard)

For the hdd i was talking about the bottom fan you can see on that picture:

The specs says you can replace it by a 2.5" drive but since a 3.5" drive is not wider than a 25mm fan the question is if it would be compatible?

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
I was talking about the side panel facing the motherboard where they are the space to put a fan if you go for an aio solution (the cpu waterblock being way shorter than a radiator for air cooling) but no mounting point for it (it would just need a removeable bracket to attach on top of the motherboard)

For the hdd i was talking about the bottom fan you can see on that picture:

The specs says you can replace it by a 2.5" drive but since a 3.5" drive is not wider than a 25mm fan the question is if it would be compatible?

I get you now, hmm its an interesting idea to work with, let me bring that to Patrik and LOUQE team and see what happens. For fan I'd still suggest going with TopHats and placing fans there which will utilize Ghost natural chimney effect where hot air escapes upwards and still cool your mobo components and VRMs effectively. Regarding the 3.5" HDD, I'd say its still bit too long to place it under the PSU and instead of 120mm fan or 2.5" HDD/SSD.

Last edited:

WiSK

Water Cooling Optimizer
May 10, 2015
TBH when I first saw Ghost ETA I was actually surprised to find its coming so soon, especially when you calculate in all the if and ifs behind such project. So yeah no worries there, they're shipping soon. :p

From the "2000 words" Patrick talks about samples arriving in March of the remaining "unapproved" components that need complex tooling. It's hard to be confident of May shipping if these samples have not yet arrived. Especially since there is also no information about plans for the production of the rest of "approved" components.

The recent updates I read in the Slack chatroom was about his visits to 2 suppliers on 3rd March. First, MAGAM factory that make the ragtags. Second, visit to SIGMA who say they can make better PCIe riser than LianLi. Patrik would come back to that "soon" and let the backers decide. Since then he is rather quiet.

SAS

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2017
I am also a original backer and I did not sign up to Slack when they sent the email. I have also not seen any update on February, checked my spam folder and I have nothing (though it empties after a month automatically ).

Reactions: Jonny727272