Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
Does anyone here know if G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 ram is compatible with the Noctua NH-L12? I know it's not in the compatiblity list but wondering if anyone here has had success? Noctua says there is 43mm clearance and G.Skill says the ram is 44mm..
Search google for Noctua NH-L12 | ZWAME Portal - Página 2

I would link you, but I don’t have enough post count or time.

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
Hi, there is room for SSDs under the GPU sticking out through the opening in the spine where the PSU sits, two will fit actually. However we firmly believe people will shortly convert to m.2.
I have a 2.5 U.2 SSD with an M.2 connector. I would need both a 2.5” drive bay and rear motherboard M.2 access.

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
Can I ask why the 2.5 slot GPU widening was disqualified?
I didn't know it was an option but damnnnn. Would have been awesome if they did it. I have a 2.2 slot card right now that Im going to have to sell.

Last edited:

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
It would make the case wider for only a few cards which require a 2.5 slot
The majority of cards with good thermals and noise for air cooling are at least 2.5 slots wide.

In the 2 slot, it’s really down to EVGA and Galax, with the edge going to Galax.

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
There are still USB ports provided on the motherboard, you only need to reach that extra foot...
ITX motherboards make you choose between 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C port or 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type C port And 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C header. Hence, the need for front panel Type C.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
I originally planned on going with an air cooled build but I think I'm going to switch to using a Celsius S24. Anyone want to purchase an NH-L12 (not L12S) BNIB send me a PM.

Edit: sold

Last edited:

Chassis Packer
Feb 27, 2018
Good morning and first of all the greatest of respect for the attention to detail you demonstrate with the development and production of the gorgeous Ghost S1 and that you are sharing it this outspoken with us.

The drawback you as a designer have when dealing with enthusiasts like the people in this forum is that no matter how much attention to detail you invest into your product, there will always be someone who wants an adaption to it because use cases and esthetic preferences are just as manifold as people in the world.
Sadly I am no exception to that but would like to emphasise that, at least from my side, this should not come of as nitpicking but conversely should be a testament for the appreciation of your work and that I consider it a very attractive starting point that deserves every thought I spent on envisioning which changes to it would make it my ideal.

I would love to support the work of your company with an order but since Ghost S1 is aimed at a different target group it's not suitable for the build I have in mind and also too expensive.

To not further bore you, I would therefore like to ask if you plan to utilize the knowledge and milling capabilities you gained thanks to the development of Ghost S1 to eventually extend your product range to serve customers who have an use case that doesn't require a dGPU but that is already covered by the newly released AMD Raven Ridge APUs?

In my opinion that use case would offer the freedom to some changes in the design that would be beneficial for both you and the customer base including:
  • Non perforated side elements to further streamline the looks and reduce milling costs
  • Simplified inner structure to reduce costs of manufacturing and purchase of extension parts and a potentially improved (vertical) airflow that allows for (a) very slow rotating fan(s) which will further reduce the noise level of the PC
  • Possibility to use small wattage non standardized PSUs to increase the power efficiency in the standard use case of 20-120W, cut costs and possibly further decrease the case size
  • Cater to a new audience who can’t or doesn’t want to afford a 2000-2500SEK/200-250€/$250-300 case for hardware builds of only around twice the price of the case but might be willing at a price of up to 1500SEK

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Good morning and first of all the greatest of respect for the attention to detail you demonstrate with the development and production of the gorgeous Ghost S1 and that you are sharing it this outspoken with us.

The drawback you as a designer have when dealing with enthusiasts like the people in this forum is that no matter how much attention to detail you invest into your product, there will always be someone who wants an adaption to it because use cases and esthetic preferences are just as manifold as people in the world.
Sadly I am no exception to that but would like to emphasise that, at least from my side, this should not come of as nitpicking but conversely should be a testament for the appreciation of your work and that I consider it a very attractive starting point that deserves every thought I spent on envisioning which changes to it would make it my ideal.

I would love to support the work of your company with an order but since Ghost S1 is aimed at a different target group it's not suitable for the build I have in mind and also too expensive.

To not further bore you, I would therefore like to ask if you plan to utilize the knowledge and milling capabilities you gained thanks to the development of Ghost S1 to eventually extend your product range to serve customers who have an use case that doesn't require a dGPU but that is already covered by the newly released AMD Raven Ridge APUs?

In my opinion that use case would offer the freedom to some changes in the design that would be beneficial for both you and the customer base including:
  • Non perforated side elements to further streamline the looks and reduce milling costs
  • Simplified inner structure to reduce costs of manufacturing and purchase of extension parts and a potentially improved (vertical) airflow that allows for (a) very slow rotating fan(s) which will further reduce the noise level of the PC
  • Possibility to use small wattage non standardized PSUs to increase the power efficiency in the standard use case of 20-120W, cut costs and possibly further decrease the case size
  • Cater to a new audience who can’t or doesn’t want to afford a 2000-2500SEK/200-250€/$250-300 case for hardware builds of only around twice the price of the case but might be willing at a price of up to 1500SEK
What you're suggesting kind of defeats the whole purpose of the Ghost S1 though? It was designed to fit a full-size GPU and that's what make it so nice. There are plenty of ITX cases out there that don't have space for a GPU. I've seen several small aluminum cases with built-in 120w PSUs. Tek Everything did a video on such a build which you can see here:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
...ask if you plan to utilize the knowledge and milling capabilities you gained thanks to the development of Ghost S1 to eventually extend your product range to serve customers who have an use case that doesn't require a dGPU but that is already covered by the newly released AMD Raven Ridge APUs?

What you're suggesting kind of defeats the whole purpose of the Ghost S1 though? It was designed to fit a full-size GPU and that's what make it so nice. There are plenty of ITX cases out there that don't have space for a GPU. I've seen several small aluminum cases with built-in 120w PSUs.

The poster is clearly asking about possibility of a future product, not asking the Ghost S1 to be drastically changed...

Chassis Packer
Feb 27, 2018
Thanks Boil for clarifying my post, just like you highlighted of course I am looking for another Louqe case instead of a rework of Ghost S1.

Maybe it's my geeky engineering mind but I find beauty in a thoroughly developed, extruded and milled case that I can't find in a case made out of folded/bend sheet metal.
Other cases that I find interesting for the same reasons are the Impactics DMono and Modivio xCase.
Still I can't help myself but find the design of the Ghost S1 subtly yet distinctly more refined with clever solutions like the almost invisible power button, magnetic lid fasting, well guided yet hid side panel insertion as well as the omission of ugly and useless to me front/side interfaces.

Reactions: Jonny727272