Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
But it's still 2.5kg w/o the top-hats (and I guess close to 3kg with the L-top-hat), right? :/

They have 2.5 mm Aluminium and Steal spline same thickness it must feel like a Tank.

Think they maybe need it for the tophats if they gone with 1.5 mm instead it have been lighter in weight.

Even the bracket for Psu are 2.5 mm.

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
People are complaining about the increased price?

Yall should have backed it when the rest of us did. Take the risk, get the reward.

Reactions: zacobin

8three

Efficiency Noob
Jul 20, 2018
How many people are getting a tophat? I kind of feel like adding one while I'm already paying for shipping but don't know that I'll actually need one or what size I would need!
I like the idea of adding a liquid cooler, but I don't think I'll be putting together the kind of build that would need it (not a hardcore gamer or anything).
Wondering what others decided on

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
It depends. You might require one small hat if your GPU is super tall. PCIE cables from GPU will stick too high and you might not be able to fit in the grill. Measure your gpu maybe

Last edited:

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
It depends. You might require one small hat if your GPU is super wide. PCIE cables from GPU will stick too high and you might not be able to fit the grill. Measure your gpu width maybe or if it's not a reference one
Will a zotac 1080ti MINI fit the ghost s1 without a top hat?

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
Here is the video.
If card is on NVIDIA FE PCB then no prob, any custom PCB card might run into issues. FTW or EVGA's classified editions are too tall, meanwhile I don't know anything about Zotac yet.

Last edited:

8three

Efficiency Noob
Jul 20, 2018
It depends. You might require one small hat if your GPU is super wide. PCIE cables from GPU will stick too high and you might not be able to fit the grill. Measure your gpu width maybe or if it's not a reference one
Thanks, do you know if there's a list of GPUs that fit without a tophat? I likely won't get anything more than a 1080

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
How many people are getting a tophat? I kind of feel like adding one while I'm already paying for shipping but don't know that I'll actually need one or what size I would need!
I like the idea of adding a liquid cooler, but I don't think I'll be putting together the kind of build that would need it (not a hardcore gamer or anything).

Up to you if your planned build can fit. Personally, I got 2 Medium tophats but am only really planning to use 1. For x2 120mm noctua fans on top to vent the hot air. And depending on which cpu/cooler I end up going, possibly 2x more 120mm fans at the bottom.

And I just figured I could always sell the extra tophat to someone. I’d rather overbuy rather than realizing that I should’ve added an extra tophat halfway through my build and deal with extra wait time/shipping cost of ordering another.

I think a lot of people are buying tophats for different cooling solutions.

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018

I got a single medium tophat, but I'm hoping to use mine (maybe a little) differently than others. I'd like to use it with two 120mm fans as intake on the bottom. The plan is to have them force air across any heatsinks (vertically oriented) and out the top. GPU can suck in air from the side as needed. I might experiment with my cpu cooler though. I'm using the L9x65, but I'll test if its better for the fan to exhaust or intake.

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
Zotac mini is a bit taller/wider than NVIDIA FE, or EVGA SC.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Ghost will fit a 144mm tall GPU, Zotac mini is only 125mm. It is well within their listed dimensions.

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Whats everyone running for PSUs? Was thinking a Corsair 600 watt so I can have enough cieling to do a little OCing.

I got the large top hat, aince all along the AIO option in this size and footprint was what Ive been wanting, without taking to much of a thermal hit. Im also interested in running

Is there an aio radiator list? Was considering coolermaster ML240RS RGB, I thinking the lighting on the fans shining down inside the case will be pretty clean and not to obtrusive like it would a windowed side. Im also wondering if a single exhaust fan or two if theirs space (maybe some slim noctuas) to help draw air from under and not just the sides.

Only pita will he dust buildup over time.

Last edited:

caboose

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2018
Hey guys new to the forum, I stumbled across this case a couple days ago and really want to jump into this batch for my next rendering build. I currently have a Dan A4 and love the SFF but really regret the inability to do watercooling as temps really limit what I can do with it. Does anyone know if you could shoehorn a Swiftech H240X3 in this guy? I'd like to run a 240 Rad in a tophat on the bottom of the case, and possibly add the GPU (currently 1080ti) to the loop, was considering the Alphacool Eisbaer but the reviews showed the pump was on the weaker side and may not support a CPU+GPU loop very well.

If there's a small enough pump/reservoir around nowadays that I could do a custom loop without breaking the bank too badly I'm open to that idea as well. But prefer to only utilize one tophat at the moment in the event I end up waning to add another 240 rad later on. Currently debating between this guy and the Ncase M1 as the M1 looks like it may be able to house the WC components I'm wanting to use.

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
Humm.. I am wondering when we in the US will see the tracking information on our KickStarter Ghost S1 orders? Or is this just a bad dream?

neil

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
Humm.. I am wondering when we in the US will see the tracking information on our KickStarter Ghost S1 orders? Or is this just a bad dream?

neil

When Amazon in Usa ship it to you. 5 weeks estimate from 11 October , 15 november delivery.

EU Cases shipped 12 October and ships by Air and 3 weeks estimate for us, feels like a slow plane.

Reactions: Ca11idus