The space inefficiency thread

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Micro ATX board? I think if the owner can't afford to change most of these parts, give them a new home in a cheap office computer case like a Dell Optiplex. Their mATX mid-towers are modest in size and can fit most of those parts (just not the huge fans).

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Another one from reddit:

At least the cables are somewhat managed.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It seems to be doing a good job of collecting the dust in one huge metal case. Even with a dual socket CPU board, it would have looked like a terrible waste of space.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I give you my entry into space inefficiency. This is my computer in a good old fashioned 80 liter Rocketfish case.

Is that one of those new stealth motherboards??

Hang on, have I missed the Raspberry Pi hiding behind the card?? ?

• Haha
Reactions: catawalks

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Watched the video before you posted it. My first thought was not about space efficiency but more about thermals.

It won't catch fire easily being made of alu sheet...hopefully

Surely, you of all people must respect someone who has bought up the whole of the UK's stock of 40mm Noctua fans!

Imagine all the commission from putting in affiliate links for that may fans for each build!

Noctua will look at the 2020 sales charts and ask what happened in August onwards to 40mm fan sales ?

Reactions: The-Alchemist-404

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
What, you can't see the watercooled 3400G, 16gb of RAM, and 2TB NVMe drive? I see them clear as day, must be my monitor.

I can't TBH but I am overdue an eye test as my nearish and middle distance vision has gone downhill this last year.

Maybe it's not your monitor then. ?

Found this on Reddit, think it qualifies.

Only just.... ?

If they had used any more drive bays, it would have made it far too efficient...

Definite points for anxiety inducing cable management!

Also relieved to see the additional fan to keep the PSU cool in that worryingly confined space

Reactions: rfarmer