The space inefficiency thread

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
You couldn't play Quake or any FPS on that desk unless you like, positioned yourself off-center from the monitor. Mouse mat would be resting over the tubes. lelel:)

Reactions: WinterCharm

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I use huge ball

I almost forgot.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I remember my first PC had an IDE cable for the DVD drive.

I rolled it into a spiral and secured it with electrical tape.

Reactions: Biowarejak

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Some old custom ide cables were round and uv reagent.... I had one...

I had one of those, minus the UV, in the last computer I built with an IDE cable. I had gone to SATA hard drives but I still had a couple IDE DVD burners. Old Antec case that did have a front intake fan so this type of cable helped a lot with airflow, also the first computer I built where I finally did away with the floppy drive. Ah the good old days. ;)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Dstrm

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2019
Still waiting on a decent RTX2080 sale before I build in my 2nd loop for the GPU, but here's a small peek of the WP100. New Gigabyte Aorus Master in it instead of my ASUS Z390-i, which is back in the Inwin Chopin.

May even add in a 140 rad on the rear just because... why not?

Reactions: rfarmer

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Guess I should chime in with my temporary setup, before I found a small case that could still fit my hardware (and my budget):

Fractal Define R4 + Biostar X370GTN + Fury X + 120mm+240mm custom loop.

I still have all the same components, but they are a lot more tightly packed inside my NZXT H200i.

(And yes, I know that still isn't really SFF at 26l - but at least it's pretty cramped in there!)

Last edited:

Dstrm

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2019
Ok, grabbed a 2080. Definitely fills out the Thermaltake Core WP100 a lot better than the 1060 did.

I think by the time I add the second pump / res for the second loop and upgrade the first res with a taller tube and redo a couple of lines for the "final" build it'll fill out nicely. Also gotta start working on my extensions for the GPU power now I guess. As well as re-sleeve the green ( leftover extension from the previous NCASE build ) in the 24-pin to blue to match the cpu power and the rest of the black/white/blue theme it's just kind of taking on.

Also definitely thinking about upping to 16mm OD tube as 12 just seems... small at this point. lol.

And an extremely crude idea for it, subject to many changes between now and when it's done.

Last edited: