Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

I love Morpheus memes!

Reactions: Solo

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Its super difficult running across builds and not knowing whether its been posted here already since they all look the same.

Coolermaster HAF Stacker 935 found on [H].

What is he packing in that basement???

Reactions: Phuncz and Solo

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Holy shitballs that's just... wow. He must be running that loop at ambient water temps.

Dstrm

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2019
The start of my madness.

Thermaltake Core WP100

What's going in it Friday? 3x560(140x4) radiators, 1x420(140x3) radiator up front ( drive cages are coming out, just there for storage atm ). 16 Thermaltake Riing Plus 140mm fans, ek-xres 140 d5 pump/res combo and the cpu block will be an ek-velocity d-rgb block.

The 1060 will be left alone for now in favor of an upgrade later ( likely a 2080 ), but until then it'll be the coolest cpu loop around.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I too have a sin to confess:

My.. thermaltake core v1 build...

I knew this thing would come back to haunt me, it wouldn't just sit and shut up.

it had to get dusty.... and so I had to look at it again...

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
Came across this lovely, self described gaming pc for $200 (no specs listed, unfortunately). The seller believes thermal paste needs to be re-applied.

I feel like someone should start a youtube channel where they rehome components into a more appropriate case, clean, do some cable management, (and resell it?) -- like some sort of makeover.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Watching all these cases so bare it gives me flashback to pre and early 2000s when you do fill up those pci ports... sound card, nic, modem, sometimes midi/game port card.

Ooh ooh now I remember - extra serial/parallel ports card...

Reactions: Solo

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Jan 19, 2019
Please forgive me, fellow SFFians - for I have sinned D:

Bloody DanCase full of circuits,
Blessed are you among the space efficient
Pay for me now, at the hour of my packaging
Which I hope is in a cozy coffin.

I shall build an SFFPC in atonement if this forum doesn’t murder me first :3

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

SACRILEGE! To pay for your crimes, you must Destroy that vile object with a hammer, an replace it with one less than 20L, though judging off what you have in it, less than 1L would probably make me forgive you faster...

Dstrm

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2019

Alright then, time to get serious I see. Tonight I'll be shoving this little guy into the WP100.

Also, update pictures to come in the next couple days. Little less inefficient. New ATX motherboard ( Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master ), rads came in as well as all my fittings, just waiting on my fans that should be here Saturday or Monday. Even with all this water cooling going into this case, it's just MASSIVE. There will still be room for more. Can't even fathom what I'd have done if I got the WP200 ( same case, but double wide... back to back basically )

BikingViking11

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2019
I literally cannot comprehend a less efficient use of space.
Completely agree.

It is a pretty desk though.
As a furniture builder...it's hideous.

"Let's see...I want a desk that won't fit through anything less than a 3' door" Check
"Oh, and it can't fit into a corner or up against a wall" Check
"I also want most of the desktop to be unusable space" Check
"Also, if you could make it look like the basement of an industrial building" Checkeroo
"Finally, I want it to weigh over 600 lbs" Checkerino

I've seen better and more practical work done in a middle school shop class. The maker admits that he never welded or sweated copper pipe before this project...and it shows.