The lab is open: Introducing SFFLAB, an international marketplace by and for enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
On 11/20/17, Dan and Joshua will be hosting a public AMA with the small form factor community on Discord! Please join in as we discuss the vision and goals for SFFLAB, and answer questions from participants.

To access the AMA, look for the link to be posted on our thread at SFF Forum on 11/20. The AMA will begin at 7:30 PM EST.

no_one

Jan 25, 2016

SilverFox18

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2017
Like so many… wishing you guys the very best on this exciting collaboration.

There is a real buzz in 'SFF' - I have discovered this community only in the last 12 months and really could not have picked a better time to do so! Tons of knowledge and experience shared freely (I have become addicted to any updates on threads I follow ;))
The 'Lab' will formalise and raise the SFF 'profile' even more, give designers more leverage in product development and hopefully encourage industry (in general) to cater more for this sector of PCs.

WIN / WIN

AnamCara

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2017
The "Lab" ... I like it!
My telephone conversations with manufacturers reveal they prefer NOT to recommend anything that is not home grown!
If not for PCPARTPICKER I would have wasted a great deal of time.
I look forward to seeing your SFF creative crams!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Since Josh won't be answering questions on the case, I'll just step in and confirm that is in fact a new design for the S4. If you go digging you can actually see a variant of it in our coverage from Computex 2017 as it was in the Sapphire booth. I own two classic S4s and prefer this design significantly.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
No Kimera Industries partnership? :p

No, at least not for now. With respect to KI I am unilaterally focused on bringing Cerberus and Cerberus X to market as they are, as quickly as possible. There may be an opportunity in the future to marry the two projects in some way, but there are no plans to share in that respect.

Since Josh won't be answering questions on the case, I'll just step in and confirm that is in fact a new design for the S4. If you go digging you can actually see a variant of it in our coverage from Computex 2017 as it was in the Sapphire booth. I own two classic S4s and prefer this design significantly.

Regarding that Sapphire build: in-person, that enclosure is gorgeous. As an object of technology it was one of the most impressionable things I saw at Computex. And there were friggin' VR backpacks at Computex.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Exactly. I forget who it was that was complaining about the four dollar price bump on the case being a disappointment, but for those that are confused the 35.00 USD Siliflex riser is now included which means there is actually an effective 31.00 USD price reduction. This is hopefully going to bring the case into reach for just that many more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.