The lab is open: Introducing SFFLAB, an international marketplace by and for enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Can't fool me! :p

I see your true colors!

Reactions: AleksandarK

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
An NDA for just a tiny bit more info? Sheesh :)

It's hard for John not to know just a little bit about what I'm up to. I've asked him to keep whatever he does know quiet until we share details publicly tomorrow.

Alright you've got me. There are now six+ threads on SFF that I check multiple times a day. I hate love this place. So much goodness!

Sorry about that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I live in South East Asia (GMT+8) and it's already 17 here. I demand to know! :p

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 29, 2015
I live in Australia (aka the most future-est place apart from NZ) and the 17th is almost over. Only 4 hours until the 18th.

Reactions: ignsvn

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
I think its safe to assume it will likely be sometime during the day of the 17th in one of the time zones that covers parts of north america

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Since its almost go time...

I have had an unsanctioned taste of the secret sauce just after this thread went live. @PlayfulPhoenix asked me politely to stop over sharing though so i quietly deleted my posts & he quietly closed the loophole i had found. However w/ things looking like their going to go live all i can say i have tasted the secret sauce and it was delicious :D The hype, gentlemen, is real.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Ahhhhhhhhhhh that's too far. But I will wait. What time do you get off work I get off at 3 central I need to know when to schedule my daily browsing

Reactions: AleksandarK

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm thrilled to be able to officially unveil a project that I've been working on for some time now.

A while ago, @Wahaha360 and I were talking shop about case manufacturing, and the conversation inevitably pivoted towards how hard it was to sell and scale our work. We knew instinctively that our enclosures (and those of our contemporaries) had the potential to benefit many, many enthusiasts - but we were also intimately aware of how hard it was for a small upstart to break into the marketplace. If only there was a platform that could support and promote this work, we imagined, then perhaps we could finally proliferate our values of quality and focused design beyond the small form factor landscape.

Well, we've done more than imagine. Today, we can finally begin to share an experimental solution we've made to solve this problem. Dubbed SFFLAB (or 'the lab' colloquially), this website is meant to be an international marketplace that features a curated collection of enclosures and related hardware, made by and for enthusiasts. More than that, though, SFFLAB is a platform that - in the long run - will leverage collaboration and community engagement to amplify and promote the sorts of projects that have transformed the small form factor community.

As a part of this launch, I am honored to be able to share our starting roster of partners for this endeavor. From day one, we're excited to announce that we'll be opening up pre-ordering of NFC's S4 Mini on 11/24. We will also soon be selling wares from NCASE, DAN Cases, and KMPKT as well, with dates for those sales to come. Through our direct partnerships with these brands, SFFLAB will soon be promoting and selling the fantastic enclosures, power supplies and other accessories that these enthusiasts have crafted. And this is just the start - we have more to come in our pipeline, and our ambition spans well beyond the products you can see on our website today.

To be sure, our launch today is but a small step. Our ambition is to empower enthusiasts - operationally and financially - to realize the next amazing products only they can invent, at a grand scale. This will require more than a storefront. A lot more. It will also require the sort of experimentation that will bring with it successes and failures alike.

But we'll be throwing ourselves at this challenge, and trying to make it work. Because if we can support the projects of our fellow enthusiasts, and bridge the boundaries to market entry, we can accelerate innovation and make our community - and our lives - all the better from it.

So, welcome to the lab. We can't wait to show you what's next.

- Joshua

Status
Not open for further replies.