Production The First - Monsterlabo High Performance SFF case & Fanless CPU / GPU

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
This morning, delivery of a new configuration, here are the performances before closing:
With ambient 14.5°C - Aida64 bench - fully open chassis
RTX2070 & 9600K

Last edited:

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
Las week I tested my The First with dust filter instead of lower skin and thermals are very close to one without lower skin at all.

Reactions: yeahe - ML

JD809

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 21, 2019
I've just purchased my own first case from Monsterlabo. I'm planning on sticking an RTX 2080TI Founders edition in there. I'm not sure if this gonna be doable or not, obviously it won't be fully passively, but with a single noctua fan at medium load.

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
I've just purchased my own first case from Monsterlabo. I'm planning on sticking an RTX 2080TI Founders edition in there. I'm not sure if this gonna be doable or not, obviously it won't be fully passively, but with a single noctua fan at medium load.

I'll be testing a 2080 when I get my CPU soon if you need a reference :)

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
@Nord1ing Nice build ! What's the temps ?

--> Hello. Thanks for your order. Doing a fanless build with a 2080Ti is definitely a challenge. The main issue is not the global performance of the cooling itself but over 180W/190W the heatpipe will not work efficiently. This is due to the length, shape and numbers.
--> The limitation at 180W/190W comes from the design
so I think you will need to downclock the board to fit in terms of power.
Or maybe you are good with your hands and you can try to add some extra features (I hope to have time to release some extreme options :) soon )

I'll be testing a 2080 when I get my CPU soon if you need a reference :)
Will you test also with a more standard GPU ?

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
@Nord1ing Nice build ! What's the temps ?

--> Hello. Thanks for your order. Doing a fanless build with a 2080Ti is definitely a challenge. The main issue is not the global performance of the cooling itself but over 180W/190W the heatpipe will not work efficiently. This is due to the length, shape and numbers.
--> The limitation at 180W/190W comes from the design
so I think you will need to downclock the board to fit in terms of power.
Or maybe you are good with your hands and you can try to add some extra features (I hope to have time to release some extreme options :) soon )

Will you test also with a more standard GPU ?

a 1070 too :)

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
@Duality92 Nice !!

@Nord1ing I just ordered some very small mesh. It's the one I used on CES mod.

This could be useful for top mesh option and for bottom modding.
Let see what I can do with it.

@all - Few product updates:
- We will receive small heatsink to mount with tape very soon.
- V1 version of top fan is also on their way :)
- New skin soon available - now painting to see final result.

Last edited:

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Dear,
We have updated our PC systems proposal on our shop:

https://www.monsterlabo.com/shop

Have a good week

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
I made a remix of lower skin for myself to integrate more vents :)
Dear,
We have updated our PC systems proposal on our shop:

I would say about the configuration of AMD:

If it is designed for games, the Ryzen 2600 will be better value, or 1700x (4 euros cheaper than 1700 at Amazon, lol).

It makes no sense to pay for the x370 chipset, it is better to buy the same Asrock with a B350 and 16 GB of RAM .

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
@Nord1ing
Thanks for the share ! This could be a nice design. It would be easier to have directely in aluminium but let's try with 3D printing first.
I will order some parts later if people wants.
What I would like do is to integrate the mesh I just received. This would be really nice.

For the configuration you are right. I think we will move to the Ryzen 2600.
Price is the same and performances are better.
Off course all the configuration could be customized.
Thx !!

Reactions: Nord1ing

JD809

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 21, 2019
So I've completed my build consisting of an Nvidia RTX 2080TI, Ryzen 2600x CPU, 16gb of DDR4 RAM and a fanless 450 WATT power supply. So far I've been surprised to find the GPU seems to have no major performance issues, even with no power limits put in place. In fact the only issue I've found is the NVME drive mounted under underneath my motherboard seems to be getting rather hot at 76c. Other than that everything works fine, I was surprised to find there was no Displayport extender cable included however? Given HDMI is less popular than DisplayPort with the newer graphics card makers, seems like an odd choice.

Building it was initially an absolute nightmare due to the low quality build tutorial videos. However it's actually rather simple once you figure out how everything is meant to be mounted. I'll upload benchmarks soon.

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
@Nord1ing
Nice !!! I'm looking forward to have your pictures

So I've completed my build consisting of an Nvidia RTX 2080TI, Ryzen 2600x CPU, 16gb of DDR4 RAM and a fanless 450 WATT power supply. So far I've been surprised to find the GPU seems to have no major performance issues, even with no power limits put in place. In fact the only issue I've found is the NVME drive mounted under underneath my motherboard seems to be getting rather hot at 76c. Other than that everything works fine, I was surprised to find there was no Displayport extender cable included however? Given HDMI is less popular than DisplayPort with the newer graphics card makers, seems like an odd choice.

Building it was initially an absolute nightmare due to the low quality build tutorial videos. However it's actually rather simple once you figure out how everything is meant to be mounted. I'll upload benchmarks soon.

Hello,
Thanks for your feedback.
I would really, really & really appreciate your temperature log. Could you do a run with HWinfo64 ? & some pictures ?
Maybe you right we should better send a Displayport in the bundle. We could maybe propose it as a choice. We will check to modify the question list.
Sorry about my video. I hope the next one will be better. Also there will be a full pictures manual to go with it.
Regarding your NVMe, I would recommend to put a small NVMe heatsink that might really help.
I think you will win a lot.
Mine has never been over 60°C (1To 860 EVO)