The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

rediaf

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 13, 2017
Very excited about this case. I'll start planning a new build in the next few months and I think the choice will be between the MachOne and Cerberus. Hope we also get more shipping options for Europe.

Reactions: Arrandale

Bricolage

Case Bender
Jan 24, 2019
This is an awesome project Wahaha360 and I'm wishing you all the best with the manufacturing challenges. I hope it will be possible and become a huge success. I for my part can hardly wait and I'm checking on this thread way too often.

Reactions: lawney and HZCH

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
The Mach One reminds me of the Silverstone FT03. I never tried building in the FT03, but always liked vertical configurations (even the inefficient Phanteks Shift) my FT03 should be here Friday. I’m excited to build in it... maybe it’ll tied me over until this case is released. :)

Reactions: lawney and rfarmer

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
The FT03 is a classic, and indeed the MachOne reminds me of it a bit now that you say (but with a better airflow/layout/finish). But it is nice that it has an optical bay. Vertical cases are such better uses of space for an SFF desktop workspaces, imo. Also currently looking for a case to tide me over until the MachOne.

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
So this one won't be tiding me over...

...but I think it shines a bit more light on the untapped matx market.

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
So this one won't be tiding me over...

...but I think it shines a bit more light on the untapped matx market.

There are a lot of reasons that that case is going for that much, but I love the mATX form factor. I think it's the best blend of size and features, as evidenced by platforms like the ASRock mATX threadripper board.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
There are lots of nice SFF cases coming out.
While there are very few if none micro ATX or ATX cases that have great material and design.
In some way this is a very interesting project if its price will be within reach.

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
The CPU limit of Chimera MachOne is 143mm
Noctua's latest U-type cooler in the future is 140 mm, which is generally 145 mm after installing fans.
Awkward 2mm.
hope you can also communicate with each other.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Noctua's latest U-type cooler in the future is 140 mm, which is generally 145 mm after installing fans.
I believe the "140mm" part refers to the fan. The NH-U14S is already 165mm tall, while the new model is supposed to have more surface area and an extra heat pipe, so I doubt it's going to be any smaller. Now, if the Mach One managed to accommodate the NH-U12A, that would be great.

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
The CPU limit of Chimera MachOne is 143mm
Awkward 2mm.

One can always sag the fans down. I'd be more worried about the windowed option causing clearance issues with the tips of the heatpipes.
But which U cooler are we talking about? The U12A is 158mm tall.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

onide90

Efficiency Noob
May 21, 2019
my dream is to create a matx pc but ssf. id like to use a sfx psu, an matx mobo so i can use 4 ram. i dont need any 3.5 drive but i really love to use noctua u12a or the 140mm version or even a 280 or 240 aio. also the possibilities to use a 3 fan gpu.i hope this chimera case will allow me to create somethig this great. i already have a m1 ncase with 3 fan gpu but i dont like the possibilites to cool the cpu. the 92 mm noctua are too loud when i gaming.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2019-05-28: going to split case into mITX and ATX, b/c mATX future is unstable.

I have some inside info, but based on X570 debut for Computex, and some info under NDA, mATX future is unstable. So effectively, I will be splitting the case into two, a mITX version, and ATX version.

Hopefully, before September, I can reveal the new designs and have some sort of production dates.