confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Production delays . My understanding is two weeks till the first review samples (;)) come off the line, then mass production.

Dreamwrx

Caliper Novice
Jul 12, 2018
Sad news. Both the delay and your cancelling. If you do cancel, maybe you can ask them if they know why.
I havent canceled yet. Their ETA is being shipped and would arrive the third week of September but it depends on when Customs releases it to them. They said it could stretch to October. This is for QuietPCUSA

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
In QuietPC UK website, the DA2 is still 'pre-ordered' and the date is further pushed back from 19 Oct to 9 Nov.
https://www.quietpc.com/search?q=da2

I think DA2 is optimized for air cooling but it is versatile enough to take in some watercooling. One 240/280 rad is no problem but two are unlikely.
I suggest reading the Product Info pdf and the User Manual pdf. The User Manual is very informative and provides details about setting up the case with its various components. Highly recommend to read.
https://streacom.com/products/da2-chassis/

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
Hi All, thought we give some feedback regarding the DA2 and in General to some questions about Streacom we saw.
Streacom products are produced & Designed by Streacom ( there are of course processes which are done in house and some processes which are outsourced), we are not working with any Case Vendor ( Lian-Li is mentioned here)

The Streacom DA2 is in the ' first production' stage and it occurs that in the first production stage there are sometimes things we need to adjust in the manufacturing process to make it 100% good. Being Streacom, we cannot ship goods out which are not 100% correct which would be conflicting with our philosophy.
The good news is, We did start shipping samples for reviews and hopefully will finish the production in a couple of weeks and start shipping to all our distributors.

We are looking for the possibilities ( depending on freight charges and some other factors) to ship some small batches to our distributors by air, so they will have it much earlier for the people who are back-ordering the DA2.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The Streacom DA2 is in the ' first production' stage and it occurs that in the first production stage there are sometimes things we need to adjust in the manufacturing process to make it 100% good. Being Streacom, we cannot ship goods out which are not 100% correct which would be conflicting with our philosophy.
The good news is, We did start shipping samples for reviews and hopefully will finish the production in a couple of weeks and start shipping to all our distributors.

I have two BC1 and one BC1 Mini and so I have some experience of your product quality.
May I ask, which websites have you sent samples for review? Say, Hardware Canucks?
The reason I ask, is that so that I can visit those sites regularly to ensure my reading a review asap.
Thank you.

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
I have two BC1 and one BC1 Mini and so I have some experience of your product quality.
May I ask, which websites have you sent samples for review? Say, Hardware Canucks?
The reason I ask, is that so that I can visit those sites regularly to ensure my reading a review asap.
Thank you.

Glad to hear that you are happy with your BC1's.

Samples for review are going to quite some review websites, inclusive the one you mention.
and...SFF is on our priority list:)

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I just preordered my DA2 today, fingers crossed it comes on or before the projected November 9th date that QuietPC has listed.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I just preordered my DA2 today, fingers crossed it comes on or before the projected November 9th date that QuietPC has listed.
Which colour? Silver or black? Judging from your icon of a guy in black, I bet yours is a black.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I am very seriously considering swapping from my Dan A4 to a DA2 since they cos the same, just not sure if it's going to be too big for my back pack...

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
I'm interested to know the exact gpu thickness clearance. The docs put it at 50mm. My current card is listed as 51mm, with the other "2.1" 1080 ti cards being slightly thicker (55 for aorus, ,52.5 for strix). Are either top or bottom filters removable?