SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
They aren't the first places I have seen quoting this price, but TechReport and eTeknix for example, are saying this thing will go for around $230 US (~190 EUR). There are a few Italian sites I have seen quoting the same price.

For the record, I have no idea if this has any nugget of truth to it, but it seems to be around what I would be expecting for something like this - honestly I would have expected a higher cost, as I have seen other Streacom projects in the past on launch.

Reactions: el01

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
Would have liked to see a price point closer to the $150 range, but it's not surprising that it's higher

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
I wonder if a slim 240 radiator and a pair of slim fans can fit to the bottom, if the filter cover was removed? Like how people do watercooled Ncase M1.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Considering the quality and finish on the DB4 I wasn't expecting a price much below 200€ or 250$ so this is quite in line with what I was expecting.

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Dudes 200€ is lots for a small case. You can get top quality from well known manufacturers for 2x bigger case. Setting price so high guarantee only that the case will be rare.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
The price of a case is rarely dictated by the amount of materials but by the production process. A larger case wouldn't cost much more because it's larger. So a smaller case wouldn't cost much less because it's smaller. The main components for a case's cost (and in the end retail price) are production process (time, precision and machinary needed) and the amount of pieces they will make out of one set of tooling. If you think there is a competitor offering a similar product (in size, flexilibility and quality) for a lower price, I'd like to know.

A case with a comparable wrap-around bezel: https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-chassis/901/ ($190)
If you need a cheaper case you need to look at the many other manufacturers already offering cheaper but lower quality products.

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Yeah thats In-Win . Well known and established name. And its cheaper. For 200€ all big dogs have very good quality. There is none similar products among big names, that's i will buy this, i just say it would be better for them that go easy on price and sell more cases.

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
Streacom is one of the most well known and established brand in the fanless case circle, and the quality in my opinion is better than InWin.

But I don't think the price in those 2 articles is official/final.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Streacom is one of the most well known and established brand in the fanless case circle, and the quality in my opinion is better than InWin.

But I don't think the price in those 2 articles is official/final.
Yes, I can attest to the quality of Streacom. I bought an ATX benchtable from them and was so impressed by the quality that I bought a second one (the M-itx) for my coming up next build.

The DA2 (depending on its final cost), along with Ncase M1, is going to be in the final list of candidates for my next next build.

Reactions: Saudsvartur

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I like the look of this case. Shame it's not a touch smaller! But it's made my short list of cases for my first build.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hello guys, this DA2 case called my atention too.
I have a cooler master pro 280 AIO in a box... So I need to put it in good use...
I found out this site in USA (I looked every on line store pointed at Streacom's site).

https://www.quietpcusa.com/Streacom-DA2-ITX-Aluminum-Case

The price of the case is $219.
Not a bad price at all. Really look forward to its release, reviews and some actual builds.

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I've decided that this is the case I want to build my first SFF PC. I don't want to have to compromise on CPU cooling, and the DA2 means I won't have to. Just have to wait for it to hit retail in August now!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yes, late August is the time that I have read about.

I was hoping the price would be US$200, making it competitive with Ncase M1 (US$195). But if US$220 is accurate, then it would not be too far off. Then, there is the shipping cost. An Ncase M1 can be shipped to me for US$10 only. I will have to see the shipping cost of a DA2. I hope a local store will stock this and then I can just pick it up easily.
I will choose either a DA2 or an M1 for my build around late 2019. So, I have plenty of time to read reviews of the DA2. One thing I like about the DA2 is its air cooling potential.

Reactions: Alexander

Dreamwrx

Caliper Novice
Jul 12, 2018
I'm kind of in the same boat.. Waiting for more builds.. or information on the DA2.. also waiting on Ghost S1, C4, and others... waiting game sucks.. but then I guess by the time I build my rig.. components would be slightly cheaper???

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
As mentioned above, Quiet PC USA lists the DA2 at US$219.
And, Quiet PC UK lists it at 165 quid, which is just about US$219.
So, I think the price is fairly fixed at this.
Quiet PC UK also says it is coming in on 31 August.

Reactions: Alexander