SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Check out this poster on Reddit who created custom plexiglass top panels that can mount 120 and/or 140mm fans. (Here's hoping Noctua comes out with 140mm slim fans in 2021)

He even included .DFX files so you can make them yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Last edited:

Mr Whippy

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
Check out this poster on Reddit who created custom plexiglass top panels that can mount 120 and/or 140mm fans. (Here's hoping Noctua comes out with 140mm slim fans in 2021)

He even included .DFX files so you can make them yourself.

After spending time getting my DA2 air cooling 'well', I decided these kinds of things are exactly what the case needs.

Clearly I'm not alone in thinking that... cool to see these panels.

Rigid mounted elements using the horizontal rail grub screw holes to keep in place, with fan attachments directly to that rigid mounting, and shave out as much wasted thickness as possible.
Make them in aluminium or steel and you could get them pretty thin and gain precious mm in space, especially if you push the panel right out to sit flush with the edge of the case rails (just dropping down right at the edge to pick up the grub screw zone)

Really though the DA2 just needs to be 10mm taller above the mobo... that way, no matter what you do at the bottom end of the case under the gfx, you have a 25mm gap at the top so you can fit decent 140mm x 25mm fans at the top.
As soon as you have that pillar of air moving slowly and broadly across the interior you're somewhat guaranteed decent temps and noise levels.

Reactions: Alexander

Mr Whippy

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
Good changes all around in my opinion, I'm happy that they are going to make a V2 ! Not often do you see this in commercial SFF.

I measured all those rear holes and iirc it's equivalent to 45mm diameter tube... so pretty restrictive... so if the new holes give double the area it'll be a lot better for dumping heat out of and probably reducing noise.

The side panel changes are kinda ok, but the issue was always the gap between the interior mounting rails and the outer panel face... and fans just sucking in case air rather than across that small void from the side panel. Bigger holes should help, and bigger holes on the filters.

All in this is a good idea, bit of a kick in the balls for those who just bought the old case and all the upgrades though.

The NR200 CM case is clearly amazingly good and amazing value. I've been tempted to buy it just to get a good solution for noise and temps and size, despite sinking £300+ on my DA2 so far.
However the looks of the DA2 make it a winner... just a lot of work... maybe that is what makes it rewarding to have once setup right though. I bet the NR200 is boring to actually own.

Reactions: August

Mr Whippy

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
I've just asked a chap at Streacom what the price might be just for the new back panel.

Given I've got all the other bits I want, it seems like a sensible upgrade as it improves rear out-flow (positive pressure setup) of hot air, gets the power cable out of the way a bit better, and opens up the GPU tail end which should resolve my HDMI and DP cables falling out because of the panel not being wide open at the back.

Fingers crossed it's semi-sensible in the £25 range as it'll be worthwhile swapping next time my case is apart!

Reactions: August and rfarmer

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
For those that have the acrylic panel kits can you install Noctua slim fans at the top and/or bottom of the case?
I have a PowerColor Red Dragon RX5700 XT. My CPU cooler is a Noctua U9S.

I just ordered the panel kits and I wanted to make sure that the slim fans can fit before I buy them.
TYIA

Last edited:

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
I've just asked a chap at Streacom what the price might be just for the new back panel.

Given I've got all the other bits I want, it seems like a sensible upgrade as it improves rear out-flow (positive pressure setup) of hot air, gets the power cable out of the way a bit better, and opens up the GPU tail end which should resolve my HDMI and DP cables falling out because of the panel not being wide open at the back.

Fingers crossed it's semi-sensible in the £25 range as it'll be worthwhile swapping next time my case is apart!

I too asked if the V2 back and side panels will be available for purchase. They said they might offer it by the end of the year.

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Changed out my i7 8700K for a Ryzen 9 5950X and Asus Crosshair VIII Impact DTX board. Fits nicely into the case. Only thing I had to do was to rotate the passthrough PSU cable to stop it hitting the I/O shroud. I have also sold my V1 case and bought a V2.

The post linked earlier summarises the differences DA2 V2 – Product Announcement – Streacom. No issues with temperatures. AIDA64 stress test tops out at 80C CPU (ambient 23C), with PBO enabled and CPU PPT at 200W (default 105W). Cooler used is NZXT X62 280mm AIO.

When GPU prices become sensible again, I might upgrade my GTX1080, but its doing OK for the moment so I'm not in any rush to upgrade.

Reactions: Phuncz and August