SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
As mentioned above, Quiet PC USA lists the DA2 at US$219.
And, Quiet PC UK lists it at 165 quid, which is just about US$219.
So, I think the price is fairly fixed at this.
Quiet PC UK also says it is coming in on 31 August.

Quiet PC UK shows as £199 for me.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yep, and it's still £199 for me.

Edit: Price excluding VAT is £165.83. There's a toggle in the top right of the page to include/exclude VAT.
No wonder why!
When I change the country to 'UK', the price becomes £199.
Well, their site must have detected my location not needing to pay VAT, thus showing me a non VAT price.
Anyway, I do have to pay a higher shipping cost (which I estimate to be around £40ish) than what you will pay from within the UK though.

Reactions: Alexander

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I cannot wait to see your build!
What hardware components do you have in mind for this build?

Asus Z370-I
I7-8700K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 16BG RAM
1080TI FE
Kraken X52 AIO
Corsair SF600 Platinum
Samsung 970 Evo M.2
Samsung 860 Evo SSD
Noctua NF-B9 Redux

Reactions: tinyitx

atomicus

Trash Compacter
Aug 7, 2018
Is there going to be a tempered glass side panel option for this, or would that require a bespoke mod?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Is there going to be a tempered glass side panel option for this, or would that require a bespoke mod?
No one knows for sure. IIRC, Streacom said, during Computex, that such a panel was being considered as an option but promised nothing. My guess is a 'no' because all Streacom cases do not have a TG panel and so this is not their style. Secondly, airflow is a main design feature of the case and having a TG panel would cut down this concept. But I might be wrong. They might sell the case and if the volume is large enough, then they might add this option later. But this should come at a later stage and not on 31 August.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Asus Z370-I
I7-8700K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 16BG RAM
1080TI FE
Kraken X52 AIO
Corsair SF600 Platinum
Samsung 970 Evo M.2
Samsung 860 Evo SSD
Noctua NF-B9 Redux

Have you pre-ordered?
I notice QuietPC DA2 product page has just been revised, showing the due date changed from 31 Aug to 21 September! Bloody hell.
And, seeing your list, you have, at least, the SF600 Platinum still not ready yet.
I have very high hope of this case and really want to see how your build makes progress.

Dreamwrx

Caliper Novice
Jul 12, 2018
I pre-ordered and also email QuietPC... As a reply it does seem that it has been pushed back to Mid September. I am assuming that Lian-Li is making all these cases for Streacom, Louqe, etc... that they are being overwhelmed. I gave up on the platinum SF600 as well... and ordered a discounted Gold SF600 + Sleeved cables. Yes the fan curve and possibly other things aren't the same but waiting is killing me...

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I pre-ordered and also email QuietPC... As a reply it does seem that it has been pushed back to Mid September. I am assuming that Lian-Li is making all these cases for Streacom, Louqe, etc... that they are being overwhelmed. I gave up on the platinum SF600 as well... and ordered a discounted Gold SF600 + Sleeved cables. Yes the fan curve and possibly other things aren't the same but waiting is killing me...
While it is possible that Lian Li is making cases for Streacom, I think Streacom has their own factory partner in mainland China (vs Lian Li in Taiwan China). I have bought a couple Streacom test benches which were manufactured in a Guangdong factory (a province in southern China).
You in EU? Good news is, since there is a 10% import tariff imposed on Al by the US, I think DA2 will be sold 10% (at least) more expensive in QuietPC USA than in QuietPC UK. I also reckon this might be a reason of the postponed first shipment as Streacom might be reassessing how this import tariff impacts on the number of sales in the US.

I also look forward to reading your build in the Build Log section.

Dreamwrx

Caliper Novice
Jul 12, 2018
I'm in the US sadly. Also I didn't know if Streacom had their own factory partner; its definitely a wild and very much likely wrong guess. It just happens that all of the new itx cases seems to be pushed back at the same time whether due to production, shipping logistics, or tariffs.

It would really suck if they price it higher than it already is. At that point I'll wait for raijintek ophion evo, or one of the special builds by forum members.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
How does 'pre-order' work with QuietPC anyway?
Have you, sort of, paid the full amount in advance in exchange for the guarantee of this price and no more?
Or, is it just nothing concrete and you can cancel anytime for no reason and they also do not guarantee the price?

Last edited:

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
Have you pre-ordered?
I notice QuietPC DA2 product page has just been revised, showing the due date changed from 31 Aug to 21 September! Bloody hell.
And, seeing your list, you have, at least, the SF600 Platinum still not ready yet.
I have very high hope of this case and really want to see how your build makes progress.

This is sad news to hear! I haven't pre-ordered anything yet, but I will be placing my orders at the beginning of September.

Dreamwrx

Caliper Novice
Jul 12, 2018
How does 'pre-order' work with QuietPC anyway?
Have you, sort of, paid the full amount in advance in exchange for the guarantee of this price and no more?
Or, is it just nothing concrete and you can cancel anytime for no reason and they also do not guarantee the price?
Honestly... I have no clue.. I wanted it.. I put my cc in...I think I'll contact them to see what happens next.