SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I'm interested to know the exact gpu thickness clearance. The docs put it at 50mm. My current card is listed as 51mm, with the other "2.1" 1080 ti cards being slightly thicker (55 for aorus, ,52.5 for strix). Are either top or bottom filters removable?

The spec lists 'dual slot', which is 2x 20.3mm = 40.6mm and this leaves a clearance of 50 - 40.6 = 9.4mm for a standard 'dual slot' card.
However, I am not sure if this is absolutely the max, making your 51mm thick card unable to fit in.

The 'User Guide' illustrates (on page 14) that both the top and bottom filters are removable. The filter sits between an inner and outer acrylic sheets. So, I suppose you can even remove one of those to gain a few more mm.

And confusis should do the review soon and he can surely measure that for you. Just ask him.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Thanks, I missed that document vs the (assumedly older) product info pdf. It’s got loads more pictures of hardware installed. I didn’t realize one can invert the motherboard if one so chooses.

Re: top/bottom filters, I’m reading it as both the “Outer (Thinner)” acrylic piece and the actually mesh can be removed but the “Inner (Thicker)” acrylic cannot. Removing those two pieces might let the non-removable piece sit a few millimeters lower in the track, giving a tiny bit more clearance at the expense of filtration.

I’m also curious if the NH-C14S cooler would fit with the fan below and an SFX power supply is the “normal” configuration. In the M1 the PSU is a few mm too close to the motherboard to allow room for the fan; I can’t tell if the streacom has any additional room to slide the psu toward the front. It looks like this case could use the same fix of rotating the psu to the atx orientation, though.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Re: top/bottom filters, I’m reading it as both the “Outer (Thinner)” acrylic piece and the actually mesh can be removed but the “Inner (Thicker)” acrylic cannot. Removing those two pieces might let the non-removable piece sit a few millimeters lower in the track, giving a tiny bit more clearance at the expense of filtration.

The outer thinner acrylic can be removed, obviously, in order to take out the filter to clean the dust. It is made thinner exactly for this purpose (ie you can bend it slightly by pulling out in the middle section to get the acrylic edges out of the frame inner track.
(This approach is just like so many air purifiers' filter system.)

The inner thicker acrylic, I think, can also be removed. It should better be described as 'not installed'. I mean, this acrylic cannot be bent like the outer thinner one. So, if you install it into the track (groove), it cannot be taken out easily (unless you disassemble the case). This means, you simply do not install it when assembling the case.

But, as the filter itself is clamped by an inner and an outer acrylic, not using one of the two will have the filter 'floating loose'. Some kind of glue or tape might be needed to fix the filter in place.

We will have to wait for confusis' review.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
From the pictures I can’t quite tell if that thicker acrylic will be able to slide out when the entire side panel is off (i.e. if the edge of the track is exposed). It probably makes sense for it to do so, though. Indeed, looking forward to the review!

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
I've just put an order in for these cases over here in Australia. Ship date is Nov 15th currently (although I'm weary of that slipping, given what we've seen here).

Still trying to determine just how much space is to the side/underneath a SFX PSU, and if there are multiple universal brackets included, or just the one?

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
really wanted to see performances of that 280mm radiator... Anyway, looks gorgeous but probably that design pattern is too restrictive for my licking... Maybe a more dense holes pattern would have been improved ventilation

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
After seeing that, I'm even more excited to get mine!

Edit: I intend to remove the SSD mounting bracket from the PSU bracket as I am only using M.2 drives in my upcoming build. Should aid in cable management from both the PSU and the AIO. I'm hoping that will help avoid some of the issues Dimitri had.

Last edited:

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Looks like a real hotbox............
If I wanted this layout I'd still choose the M1 over anything in this category!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
After seeing that, I'm even more excited to get mine!

Edit: I intend to remove the SSD mounting bracket from the PSU bracket as I am only using M.2 drives in my upcoming build. Should aid in cable management from both the PSU and the AIO. I'm hoping that will help avoid some of the issues Dimitri had.

The build I have in mind for this case (or the M1) also will only use M.2 drives. But it will be air-cooling 100% all the way. So, dealing with watercooling tubing will not be part of the challenge for me. :D
There are so many possible configurations and so I look forward to read reviews and actual builds to see the depth of air cooling potential of this case.

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
Should aid in cable management from both the PSU and the AIO.

What AIO are you looking at? Trying to find the details on the tubing length from various models, if you mount the radiator with the ports towards the rear it would be a really short distance to the CPU block.

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
What AIO are you looking at? Trying to find the details on the tubing length from various models, if you mount the radiator with the ports towards the rear it would be a really short distance to the CPU block.

I'm going to use the NZXT Kraken X52.

jpmomo

Trash Compacter
Feb 23, 2018
still trying to figure out if my flex-atx mb (9x7.5) will fit into this case. I don't need any room for a discreet gpu or large psu and was hoping that the universal brackets would accommodate the larger mb. thanks for any confirmation.
jp

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
It looks like the launch is prolonged even more :( .
I can only find it on quietpc though but there it went from "due in 10 days" to "due in 20 days". Lets hope..
You guys think preordering is necessary to get hold of one this year?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It looks like the launch is prolonged even more :( .
I can only find it on quietpc though but there it went from "due in 10 days" to "due in 20 days". Lets hope..
You guys think preordering is necessary to get hold of one this year?
So I have read too.
I suppose, if you are determined to get this case, it is, of course, better to pre-order one.
When and if you do get one, remember to post your build here. I love to see such a rig.

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
So I have read too.
I suppose, if you are determined to get this case, it is, of course, better to pre-order one.
When and if you do get one, remember to post your build here. I love to see such a rig.

Sure i will add build. Just need to get a hold of a 2080/1080ti during black friday!
I have never ordered from quietpc but do I have to put out the money now if i pre-order or will I be able to pay when its shipped instead?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Sure i will add build. Just need to get a hold of a 2080/1080ti during black friday!
I have never ordered from quietpc but do I have to put out the money now if i pre-order or will I be able to pay when its shipped instead?
I have ordered from QuietPC before and they were quick and efficient. However, I have not used their pre-order service before. The best is that you email their Sales and Order lady to obtain an official answer.
https://www.quietpc.com/contact