SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
I have ordered from QuietPC before and they were quick and efficient. However, I have not used their pre-order service before. The best is that you email their Sales and Order lady to obtain an official answer.
https://www.quietpc.com/contact

Yup thanks, I emailed them! Answer is below:

@nimdjid I pre-ordered 9/8, I have yet to be charged. (paypal)

weird.. This is the answer they gave me:
"Unfortunately the only way to Preorder and reserve the Streacom DA2 would be to buy it now and have it despatched once they arrive. We do have quite a few on order so you should be ok to order once these Cases do arrive."

So I read it as it will be charged at the moment I buy it, since thats what I really asked im my email.

By the way guys. Im thinking of adding the flirc acessori to my build, do you guys think the flirc-streacom acessory can be fitted on the front of the chassi? I see this little lightbulb thing above the usb-c and think that might be the spot for the accesorry IR- receiver ?

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
Yea I agree... Unfortunetly from my experience when something is delayed once it will be delayed even more...

Oh, this isn't the first time; which lends credence to your statement. I think it was initially due on August 31st.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yea I agree... Unfortunetly from my experience when something is delayed once it will be delayed even more...
I think, up to this point, the (only?) thing that gives hope of imminent availability is that HardwareCanucks received and reviewed their sample recently.
It is hard to believe they only have 1 or 2 samples for reviewers without having a larger stock already.

Reactions: Alexander

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
I think, up to this point, the (only?) thing that gives hope of imminent availability is that HardwareCanucks received and reviewed their sample recently.
It is hard to believe they only have 1 or 2 samples for reviewers without having a larger stock already.

But Thats how it works.. They can have the prototype/review samples ready months before the actual product is ready for consumers.

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
Quick update from ous side as there has been quite some questions regarding the DA2. The Streacom DA2 is ready and only being anodized at the moment. We agreed with some customers ( like Quietpc UK and USA) to ship the DA2 by air to clear the backorders first:)

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
Quick update from ous side as there has been quite some questions regarding the DA2. The Streacom DA2 is ready and only being anodized at the moment. We agreed with some customers ( like Quietpc UK and USA) to ship the DA2 by air to clear the backorders first:)

Hi!
Really nice to see you keeping tabs with this thread and responding. Thank you.
I am sorry if this question is obvious but I even tried googling; what does anodized mean?
What does this mean to the availibility for the item in stores like Quietpc for example; when do you belivie it will be availible there?

Thank you!

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
Hi!
Really nice to see you keeping tabs with this thread and responding. Thank you.
I am sorry if this question is obvious but I even tried googling; what does anodized mean?
What does this mean to the availibility for the item in stores like Quietpc for example; when do you belivie it will be availible there?

Thank you!

Anodizing uses acid to create a corrosion- and wear-resistant layer on top of a metal. The process of anodizing also changes the crystal structure near the surface of substances, like aluminum alloy, which allows you to dye the metal a bright color. So the DA2 gets the wellknown Streacom finish and color

We expect to ship to UK and USA within 1 week

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
Anodizing uses acid to create a corrosion- and wear-resistant layer on top of a metal. The process of anodizing also changes the crystal structure near the surface of substances, like aluminum alloy, which allows you to dye the metal a bright color. So the DA2 gets the wellknown Streacom finish and color

This is amazing news, thank you for the update.

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018

That is great, thank you!
May I please bother you to ask last question. Will the flirc acessory be compatible with the front of this chassi like your other chassis? If so are you planning some v2 with flirc?

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
That is great, thank you!
May I please bother you to ask last question. Will the flirc acessory be compatible with the front of this chassi like your other chassis? If so are you planning some v2 with flirc?

The DA2 is not compatible with the Flirc receiver as the DA2 has a different market segmentation then our other products. The little space which was available in the DA2 has been used for optimal performance & flexibility.

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
I have now preordered as well..
So guys.. Now its time to think about build. Theres not enough activity here about this.
Anyone wanna share what their planning to put in to this chassi?

For me Im thinking something like:
Corsair SFF 600 v2.
NZXT Kraken x62
1080ti or 2080 depending on what I find on black friday
asus 470-i together with either ryzen 2700 or 2700x depending on what I find on black friday :)
One or Two SSD and one m2 disk.

Not sure how its gonna go with the kraken x62 tbh.. Im also not sure how hot it will be inside the box because I dont know how the airflow is. I mean where is the intake fans supposed to be? What are you guys thinking?

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
Now its time to think about build.

I'm going:
Corsair SFF 600 v1 (couldn't find the v2)
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX (had to import from the USA as they aren't selling it in AU it seems, which is weird, this looks like a better version of their "business" line)
I9-9900K
32GB Corsair 3200 DDR
Samsung 970 Pro M2
No SSD,
No DGPU - going to try IGP alone and see how it fairs. This is a workstation build, not gaming.

As for cooling.... I agonised over this - especially as this CPU is supposedly hot as hell and can draw ~180W. I've ended up going air cooling for now. Noctua NH-U9S. I've also got another 92mm Noctua fan to run at the rear exhaust but in hindsight this might have been a mistake, the rear venting is... not great (the amount of holes drilled is still quite obtrusive), and (after re-reading the spec docs) you can fit a 120mm fan at the back above the mother board which might have been a better option.

Not running any intake fans, exhaust only and it will just suck in from all the other places. I'm not running a GPU which obviously vastly cuts down the amount of heat getting dumped in for non-blower style GPUs. If the IGP doesn't work out (it's driving 2x 4K screens) I have in mind a 1060 3GB which comes in small form factor.

My workload is "peaky", in that I'll run the CPU hard for a small amount of time, and then it will drop off for a small amount of time and then repeat. I do intend on running peak turbo boost on all cores. Will it get too hot in the case? Honestly, I have no idea.

I like the idea of water cooling here for 2 obvious reasons, I can exhaust the hot air from the rads directly out of the case, and it also allows the water to soak up the heat during peaky times, and then gradually vent it out, hopefully maintaining more stable temps.

I _think_ a custom loop will fit with what I have in mind (I'm sure it will fit, no doubt there will be some crazy builds people will do), but I wanted to get my hands on the case first before ordering any (more) expensive bits which might not work out.

These bits are ready to go.... just waiting on the case now... (aside but who wants to build a SFF in this box?! :D):

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I have all the parts in my cupboard ready to go:

Intel i7-9700K
NZXT Kraken X52
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM 16GB 3200MHz
Corsair SF600 Platinum
2080TI FE
2x Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 SSDs (1x 500gb, 1x 250gb)
Noctua NF-B9 92mm case fan

I'm chomping at the bit waiting for the DA2..

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

Shipped to UK and USA already? I do not mean 'shipped' literally but 'by air'!
Also, how about China? As the DA2s are manufactured in China, I expect DA2s will reach the Chinese market the fastest?

Just checked QuietPC UK and it says 'due in 8 days' from today.

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
I'm going:
Corsair SFF 600 v1 (couldn't find the v2)
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX (had to import from the USA as they aren't selling it in AU it seems, which is weird, this looks like a better version of their "business" line)
I9-9900K
32GB Corsair 3200 DDR
Samsung 970 Pro M2
No SSD,
No DGPU - going to try IGP alone and see how it fairs. This is a workstation build, not gaming.

As for cooling.... I agonised over this - especially as this CPU is supposedly hot as hell and can draw ~180W. I've ended up going air cooling for now. Noctua NH-U9S. I've also got another 92mm Noctua fan to run at the rear exhaust but in hindsight this might have been a mistake, the rear venting is... not great (the amount of holes drilled is still quite obtrusive), and (after re-reading the spec docs) you can fit a 120mm fan at the back above the mother board which might have been a better option.

Not running any intake fans, exhaust only and it will just suck in from all the other places. I'm not running a GPU which obviously vastly cuts down the amount of heat getting dumped in for non-blower style GPUs. If the IGP doesn't work out (it's driving 2x 4K screens) I have in mind a 1060 3GB which comes in small form factor.

My workload is "peaky", in that I'll run the CPU hard for a small amount of time, and then it will drop off for a small amount of time and then repeat. I do intend on running peak turbo boost on all cores. Will it get too hot in the case? Honestly, I have no idea.

I like the idea of water cooling here for 2 obvious reasons, I can exhaust the hot air from the rads directly out of the case, and it also allows the water to soak up the heat during peaky times, and then gradually vent it out, hopefully maintaining more stable temps.

I _think_ a custom loop will fit with what I have in mind (I'm sure it will fit, no doubt there will be some crazy builds people will do), but I wanted to get my hands on the case first before ordering any (more) expensive bits which might not work out.

These bits are ready to go.... just waiting on the case now... (aside but who wants to build a SFF in this box?! :D):

I wonder if all the ventholes are dustfiltered if u are going to go with this case pressure with only exhausts. I think at least at the back, the 92mm fan intake holes, are not filtered. Maybe worth thinking about if u run this setup.

I have all the parts in my cupboard ready to go:

Intel i7-9700K
NZXT Kraken X52
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM 16GB 3200MHz
Corsair SF600 Platinum
2080TI FE
2x Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 SSDs (1x 500gb, 1x 250gb)
Noctua NF-B9 92mm case fan

I'm chomping at the bit waiting for the DA2..

Any specific reason why u are running kraken x52 instead of say x62? Just had it at hand or was it more something like space issues for this specific case?
I own the X62 from another case but Im thinking of "downgrading" to the x52 just to be able to run a exhaust fan at the back. Something like noctuas 92mm fan in the back.
Not sure at all though.. Also considering some type of AIO watercooling for both CPU and GPU. I just want to have good temps while also having lower noise levels. In my experience all the aircooled GPUs sound terrible and specially in this case thats not silence damped at all..
Dont know though maybe the newer GPUs have much lower noise levels.. The 20x models FE probably sound much better then 10x FE cards though ..?

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
Any specific reason why u are running kraken x52 instead of say x62? Just had it at hand or was it more something like space issues for this specific case?

just to be able to run a exhaust fan at the back. Something like noctuas 92mm fan in the back.

Answered the question yourself.