SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

Prizm

Chassis Packer
Jan 27, 2019
1. Remove bottom dust filter, it's a major choke and it helps

2. I haven't tried it personally cause in my case there isn't that much space (GPU is properly massive but wanted to do so and i believe it should help. Position another fan to move around the stale hot air produced by the card somewhere on the back.

Thanks for the reply. I can have a look at putting a fan on the inside of the front panel. As for the bottom air filter, I don't want to remove it since it's not meant to come off and would be destructive. Don't want to sell a damaged case in a few years.

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I can have a look at putting a fan on the inside of the front panel. As for the bottom air filter, I don't want to remove it since it's not meant to come off and would be destructive. Don't want to sell a damaged case in a few years.
It is actually meant to come off as you can see in the manual, is just not well implemented and it does get damaged quite easily. Just another thing that disappointed me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prizm

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
Hello. Does anyone know of any guidelines I can use for undervolt my 9900K?
My motherboard is an Asrock Z390 phantom ITX and I'm having very high temperatures on this chassis.

As a heatsink I'm using a Thermalright Silver Arrow ITX-R, I thought it could be better than the U9S, but now I'm not so sure...

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
My motherboard is an Asrock Z390 phantom ITX and I'm having very high temperatures on this chassis.

As a heatsink I'm using a Thermalright Silver Arrow ITX-R, I thought it could be better than the U9S, but now I'm not so sure...
Suggestion: go for an AIO or change case :D

flocked

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 22, 2019
I'm wondering if the Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 fits inside a DA2?

The website of DA2 says it supports Dual Slot, 330x150x50mm cards. The Pulse Vega 56 is 282x125x55 mm.

50mm vs 55mm. Looking on pictures it seems there is still a tiny bit of space inside the DA2 to fit a graphics card that is slightly bigger than 2slots.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Which temps are you getting? I am now using an U9s with 2 fans intaking air, one 140mm fan on the side exhausting. 9900K 20mv undervolting and an ASrock Z390, and my temps are really good!

Here my previous post:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/streacom-launches-the-da2.7598/page-31#post-135235

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
Or I could also shoot myself and in the process solve other problems...

Aren't you the one to get the easy way out... But not soo fast. There are a few other options to try:
Change the cooler
Try to improve airflow over the mobo heatsinks
Change the Case
Change the CPU :)

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I'm wondering if the Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 fits inside a DA2?

The website of DA2 says it supports Dual Slot, 330x150x50mm cards. The Pulse Vega 56 is 282x125x55 mm.

50mm vs 55mm. Looking on pictures it seems there is still a tiny bit of space inside the DA2 to fit a graphics card that is slightly bigger than 2slots.

No, the frame of the case will obstruct the excess verticle size even if you decide to remove the dust filters and their acrylic brackets. Most likely won't be able to insert it in the PCE slot for a few millimeters

flocked

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 22, 2019
No, the frame of the case will obstruct the excess verticle size even if you decide to remove the dust filters and their acrylic brackets. Most likely won't be able to insert it in the PCE slot for a few millimeters
I checked again an the height of the Pulse seems to be 50mm, not 55mm as I initially stated in my previous post. Might this maybe work?

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
It's a risky business for such a costly case, mate. By specification, my FTW3 should have fitted fine, but it was almost a no go.

Looking at images online, my guess will be again a no, but it is just that. Only a guess. I'll check the vertical clearance that the card has downwards, but note it's obstructed with the frame brackets and other stuff that make the space tighter. That square heatsink may not be able to fit.

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
Which temps are you getting? I am now using an U9s with 2 fans intaking air, one 140mm fan on the side exhausting. 9900K 20mv undervolting and an ASrock Z390, and my temps are really good!

This is my setup: 9900K, Silver Arrow ITX-R, one A9x14 fan as intake at botton (in the space let free for the blower GPU) and one A9x14 as exhaust at rear. This heatsink has a height of 147mm, but I filed the heatpipes end's and now it fits fine. ;)

For stress I am using RealBench. In the first test, all stock, the cpu reached +100 º at the second minute, even with no side panels.:eek:
For the second test, I undervolted the cpu 40 mv using offset parameter (the only I know). Now the cpu temp lowed a bit, but it continue very high.
Continued with tests, finally I have limited the power to 115w long and 130w short times. Now with this values I have 86-88º (91º max) after 15 min. Not bad, but I was waiting more with this heatsink...

Remove the botton dust panel is the same temp, but remove the upper dust panel only help a bit, 2 º minus, and with no side panel the temp is about 82-85º (88º max).

I am thinking if to put a second fan in the heatsink (a noctua 12 slim) can to help, or perhaps change the main fan for a noctua NF-F12... I don't know... o_O

Opinions?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
It is very strange man! In real bench you should have max 70 degrees!
Have you tried to reinstall the CPU cooler? Maybe it is not doing a perfect contact! It is a bigger cooler than the U9s.
Than, try to remove the 92mm fan, and flip the 120mm fan in the Silver Arrow to have a flow from left to right...
I don-t have power limit in my setup, BTW...

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
try to remove the 92mm fan, and flip the 120mm fan in the Silver Arrow to have a flow from left to right...
Well, I have ordered a Noctua 12 slim fan, it will arrive next week, I will do these changes then, because this case is no easy for work, you know.
Thanks

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Well, I have ordered a Noctua 12 slim fan, it will arrive next week, I will do these changes then, because this case is no easy for work, you know.
Thanks
Actually is not so bad to work with it with air coolers after tried custom loop! XD Let us know!

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
@fabio I am re-reading the thread and I see that you have used the U9S with airflow in both directions, but it seems that to the right (toward the front) is the most effective, please can you confirm?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio I am re-reading the thread and I see that you have used the U9S with airflow in both directions, but it seems that to the right (toward the front) is the most effective, please can you confirm?
This is my actual orientation, with the two fan Intaking form the back, and exhausting with the 140mm fan.

I’ve tried as well with a slim fan in the back, but it was worse. I think there was an airflow issue, limiting the A9 fans on the U9s. Is the reason why I suggest to remove your back fan!

BTW, I have received the Silver Arrow 130 Plus. I will test it end of next week with a Gentle Typhoon PMW fan, comparing it with the U9s!

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
BTW, I have received the Silver Arrow 130 Plus. I will test it end of next week with a Gentle Typhoon PMW fan, comparing it with the U9s!

That is nice! My Silver Arrow ITX-R is a bit more big than SR 130, I would like know how work in your config. Please let us know :)