SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
It is quite obvious that when a filter is used, airflow is going to be reduced but at the benefit of less dust.

I bet most case manufacturers would put the emphasis on the airflow of their case rather than on the dust proofing. I mean, when a reviewer does a review or an end user builds a new system with a case, the relative smaller airflow due to a filter will produce higher temp and this is noticeable in no time. An hour of stress test will immediately reveal this design. However, the benefit of less dust can only come to light in, perhaps, 3 months or more of daily usage. And practically no reviewer will wait this long to evaluate this part. I do not think I have ever read a review where 2 cases are compared in the area of dust proofing after, say, a period of 6 months. Take the M1 and DA2 for an example. Who is going to compare them in terms of dust proofing over an extended period?

So, maybe, Streacom makes a 'wrong' (for lack of a better word...maybe...'less then optimal' is a better adjective?) decision to use such a filter in the design of DA2?
What you are saying is all valid, but in the case of the DA2 the issue I have is that removing the filters practically means leaving the case open, there is no grid or anything, it's a no compromise situation.

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
While waiting the GPU block, I am again on AIR.
Has anyone reviews and test of the Cryorig H7 Ultra? Seems that has 1 120mm fan and has an higher TDP than the Plus with 2 fans. It will be great to see a comparison with the U9s!

BTW, here the actual build! The eLoop by noise blocker was a great discover! They are so silent for the air they move!

I tested the H7 with 2 noctua fans and wasn't that great compared to the U9S
The H7 Ultra is actually nowhere to be found, was announced at computex last year but I have never seen one for sale, it was basically the H7 with a more powerful fan, nothing to write home about.

Reactions: Nanook

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Cool! BTW, Caseking has it, I will try, but I think that I'll have the same results...
But, the temps are not bad, I've achieved 93 degrees on the sFFT Prime95 test with 5ghz OC and AVX offset of 3.
Under Blender rendering, it stays at 86 degrees after 25 minutes.

Was easy to fit the H7?

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Cool! BTW, Caseking has it, I will try, but I think that I'll have the same results...
But, the temps are not bad, I've achieved 93 degrees on the sFFT Prime95 test with 5ghz OC and AVX offset of 3.
Under Blender rendering, it stays at 86 degrees after 25 minutes.

Was easy to fit the H7?
Not hard by SFF standards, the second fan required me to remove the WiFi module as you can see in the pictures, your Z390 Asrock seems to have and higher VRM heatsink, that could be an issue.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Not hard by SFF standards, the second fan required me to remove the WiFi module as you can see in the pictures, your Z390 Asrock seems to have and higher VRM heatsink, that could be an issue.
Oh, I see! Well, I'll try with one fan only than! But, do you remember how worse was the U9s compared to it? 5 degrees? Dreaming for an all black build. BTW, the ASrock is back in the DA2!

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Oh, I see! Well, I'll try with one fan only than! But, do you remember how worse was the U9s compared to it? 5 degrees? Dreaming for an all black build. BTW, the ASrock is back in the DA2!
Temps were the same as with U9S (both dual fan):
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/streacom-launches-the-da2.7598/page-17#post-130441
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/streacom-launches-the-da2.7598/page-17#post-130458

I did not try with the H7 fans as intake and the side fan as exhaust.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So, tested today the U9S with the Noisblocker 140mm fan in exhaust, to check the performance of the new Noctua NT-H2 thermal compound.

Intel 9900K OC 5GHz All core, AVX offset 3, -30mV offset on Vcore, RAM 3600 C16, Cache 4.5GHz.

Prime95 (29.5 Build 9) smallest sFFT for 30 minutes, paste applied as rice grain method:

Kryonaut 88 Degrees
NT-H2 86 Degrees

In any case, the temps with the U9s are not bad!!! With Heaven at the same time is reaching 100 degrees, of course. I am curious to try my Titan V in this case for its blower style cooler to see if it helps!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
First build finally done. Thanks for those that have gone through all of the trial and error of experimenting with different layouts. Not crazy about the temps I am seeing with the air cooler (high 80s), and the Chromax exhaust is pretty anemic. Will likely have to adjust voltage or drop my slight OC. I had the Chromax fans from a failed custom loop build, but I may break up the black theme and go with NF-A12x25s or switch to an AIO.

I found the minimum fan rpm on my founders 2080 ti too loud for my setup. The Asus ROG Strix 2080 Ti OC was a challenge to install. Ultimately I had to remove the bottom horizontal case bracket to fit it in. However after some initial testing I am much happier with the sound profile and the temps stayed in the low 70s.

Hey man, I was wondering how did you mount the Strix. Did you remove the bottom part from the DA2?

JDragon

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2018
While waiting the GPU block, I am again on AIR.
Has anyone reviews and test of the Cryorig H7 Ultra? Seems that has 1 120mm fan and has an higher TDP than the Plus with 2 fans. It will be great to see a comparison with the U9s!

The specs look pretty similar to the H7 Quad Lumi. I have that in my DA2 using a Noctua Sterrox fan (and 92mm Noctua fan for the exhaust) on a stock i9-9900K, and haven't noticed any issues yet. I did just build it a few weeks ago and haven't really pushed it yet, planning on undervolting eventually if it gets too hot. Any tests that you want me to run?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The specs look pretty similar to the H7 Quad Lumi. I have that in my DA2 using a Noctua Sterrox fan (and 92mm Noctua fan for the exhaust) on a stock i9-9900K, and haven't noticed any issues yet. I did just build it a few weeks ago and haven't really pushed it yet, planning on undervolting eventually if it gets too hot. Any tests that you want me to run?
Cool!

Well, I just would like to know the temps under Prime 95, latest version, with an OC of 5ghz and AVX offset of 3, or everything in AUTO in the Bios with MCE enabled (I don't know which motherboard you have). Is it possible for you?

So, you have the Fan blowing air from right to left, is it correct? Any other intake?

Thank you!

selectallfrom

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2019
Hey man, I was wondering how did you mount the Strix. Did you remove the bottom part from the DA2?

Yes, the bottom horizontal case support bracket had to be removed. I also had to loosen one of the vertical brackets as well so I could squeeze the horizontal one out.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

Sirex

Chassis Packer
Dec 6, 2018
Thought I'd share the latest configuration of my DA2.

My goal was really to fit one 120x25mm case fan with the filters in place in addition to the two radiators I currently use.. I failed...
There might exist some wonky configuration after the SSD-bracket is removed that would allow for this, but I don't have an NVMe on hand so for now I concede.

Temperatures are pretty good with reasonable fan speeds. Stabilizing at 78 CPU and 67 GPU while CPU is limited to 95 W. I might finally relax the wattage restrictions a bit.

Some pictures:

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
Thought I'd share the latest configuration of my DA2.

My goal was really to fit one 120x25mm case fan with the filters in place in addition to the two radiators I currently use.. I failed...
There might exist some wonky configuration after the SSD-bracket is removed that would allow for this, but I don't have an NVMe on hand so for now I concede.

Temperatures are pretty good with reasonable fan speeds. Stabilizing at 78 CPU and 67 GPU while CPU is limited to 95 W. I might finally relax the wattage restrictions a bit.

Some pictures:

You were able to order additional brackets?