Stalled Sparrow-MQ5 5.5L One-piece aluminum

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
Right now I'm overseeing production at the factory, and I think it should take another two weeks to process.
Very sorry for the long delay.
Hi Cooj, looking forward to the mq5. Since it's been a little over those two weeks, are you able to provide an update? Any teaser pictures?

Thanks!

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Hi, I'm COOJ.

There is bad news to tell you.
There is a quality problem with the processing of MQ5/MQ6, so now we have to scrap all of them.

●Solution: We are now rearranging the production, and I will go to the factory in the next few days to deal with related matters, so that we can ship the goods to you before the Chinese New Year (about one month's time).

●About refund: Because of the problems on my side let everyone down, if you do not want to wait any longer, you can always tell me you want to cancel the order, I will be ready to handle .

●Additional compensation: For purchasers willing to wait patiently, I thank you very, very much for your support, when shipping I will give an additional new product to everyone, the orders placed before today, a gift per unit, compensation gift is a USB organizer.

●I'm very sorry to let the guys down, I'll solve the problem as soon as possible to give everyone an answer, thanks for your support.

This is the shipment I received, the MQ5/MQ6 that will be scrapped.

The main problem was an error in the machining of the front side, which resulted in a stage step on one edge.

This USB organizer is available as compensation and will be shipped with the MQ5/MQ6.

Finally, apologies again, if you have any questions you can always contact me, this message will also be sent by email to those who have ordered.

Last edited:

whoischamp

Efficiency Noob
Jul 23, 2021
what a joke lol. this was supposed to originally ship in August/September. Not surprising to see people cancel theirs...

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
did you join this forum just to annoy this case maker?
I'd go so far as to say the casemaker is devoted to the quality of his case instead. Scrapping so many cnc'd shells because one of the edges is chamfered in angles instead of rounded over and risking frustration from his customers is a very big step to take. He could have sent them out as is, and maybe a handfull of people would have noticed and he could have been 'lol no refund' and there's nothing you could do. But here he is, showing whats wrong and offering compensation. He'll be digging deep into his own wallet to make his case perfect.

TheLaughingMagi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 12, 2017
Wondering if there is any update on the new production run or ETA till shipping. I have a project coming up and looking forward to building it in this case.

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
I received my MQ5 yesterday and set it up. Though I haven't had a chance to take some pics yet. I'm beyond impressed with the quality! Even the packaging was absolute top notch compared to other cases I bought. The only difficulty I had while building was getting the motherboard in. I think it would be easier to install the motherboard first, before installing the PSU.

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
System: Aorus B550i with 5700g in Grey MQ5

The pics didn't come out great. Poor lighting right now, and my desk is a mess.

Came in a nice box.

Very well organized. Even included screwdriver bits and screwdriver!

The side panels perfectly fit. They can be tricky to get off without longer fingernails.

I custom ordered my 7660b beforehand. I ordered too long of cables. Also, notice the black psu cover that was included.

The halo switch lights up.

This is where my 2060 ITX card would be, if i hadn't sold it like 9 months ago. I'm thinking of going for a lower power build and getting a LP gpu.

Last edited:

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
System: Aorus B550i with 5700g in Grey MQ5

The pics didn't come out great. Poor lighting right now, and my desk is a mess.

Came in a nice box.

Very well organized. Even included screwdriver bits and screwdriver!

The side panels perfectly fit. They can be tricky to get off without longer fingernails.

I custom ordered my 7660b beforehand. I ordered too long of cables. Also, notice the black psu cover that was included.

The halo switch lights up.

This is where my 2060 ITX card would be, if i hadn't sold it like 9 months ago. I'm thinking of going for a lower power build and getting a LP gpu.
Nice photos, and thanks for liking my product.
I will also upload some photos recently.