Stalled Sparrow-MQ5 5.5L One-piece aluminum

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
--------------
MOD BREAK

Caveat emptor / Buyers beware:

COOJ has been unresponsive for about a month per this post date, and there are some people who made orders & payment but left without answers. Hence, thread is marked as stalled.

If, after reading this warning you still want to deal with the vendor, please be aware that you're doing so at your own risk.

@COOJ please respond to your customers.

--------------

2023/5/6​

Product design adjustment

Adjustment items
1. Added front Type-c port.
2. Shape fine-tuning, increasing the rounded curvature of the shell.
3.The height of the housing has been increased by 3mm, from 210mm high to 213mm high.

Please visit my website for more detailed update details.cooj.cc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

2022/2/26​

We have completed delivery of the first batch and the next batch will be delivered in April.
Here are some photos from the purchasers.
cooj.cc

2021/7/1​

Added a free new accessory, the halo switch button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

2021/6/22​

Two new accessories have been added
1. A black metal heat shield for insulating the GPU and PSU from hot air transfer.
2. A bracket for mounting two 7mm thick hard drives.

2021/5/6​

My website is now live and you can now book or purchase through the website.
https://cooj.cc/

2021/4/27​

Uploaded content about MQ6
Click to view>>>Sparrow-MQ6 6.8L One-piece aluminum

Sparrow - MQ5

The name comes from a very well-known Chinese saying: ''The sparrow is small, but the five organs are complete''.
So here, I named the case after the sparrow.
MQ5 is the model of this case.

Design thinking

The biggest feature of the Sparrow MQ5 is in the overall design thinking; I personally prefer the minimalist style, the starting point of the design is also from the minimalist, reduce the patchwork parts and seams of the chassis, so that the work from the appearance of the feeling of one piece; so from the beginning through continuous polishing, the final only now the unibody design program, complex design and process only for the minimalist look and feel.

MQ5 Specifications

Size235mm*210mm *115mm
MaterialAluminum alloy
Weight≈2kg
Motherboard specificationsMINI-ITX
Power supply specificationsFLEX-1U
Cpu cooler height limit≤47mm
Graphics card length limit≤177mm
Installable hard drive2*2.5 Thickness 7mm
Top Fan Specifications9015
pci-e extension cable length195mm

MQ5 Introduction​

I will upload a separate link for MQ6.

Sample photo​

1.Accessories​

Computer casesMQ5
CPUR9 3900X
MotherboardASUS B550I
Graphics cardXFX R9 NANO
PSUEnhance ENP 7660B FLEX 600W
CPU coolerThermalright AXP90 FULL BLACK
Top fan8010(The official version has been modified to 9015)
Hard diskPM981A 512G + SC308 512G
RAMKLEVV DDR4 16G*2

2.Accessories show​

3.MQ5 parts display​

The shell part is the soul of the MQ5, and the minimalist style and unibody design concept create it.

The aluminum inner ring on both sides is used to fix the magnet, which plays the role of connecting the shell and the side cover.

Magnet fixed with the inlay design, this time the magnet fixed parts with 3D printing production, the surface is very poor, the subsequent injection molding method will be used to produce this small parts.

The side panel is also made of aluminum, 2mm thick, inlaid with iron to adsorb magnets.

Power connector to connect small 1U power supply and chassis

4.MQ5 case assembly​

5.MQ5 whole machine installation​

Installation of the top fan (I installed the fan in the wrong direction)

Installing the motherboard into the case

Install the power supply parts, the first power supply and power supply parts fixed, installed into the chassis, and then the bottom through the screw fixed

Finally, install the graphics card on

Side panels on both sides are attached by magnets

MQ5 is able to install two 2.5 hard drives (two stacked together), here I install one for a demonstration

Temperature test​

CPU temperature test is divided into 2 parts, the first part is not installed side panel, the second part is installed side panel
The test method is a single baking FPU, the length of 10 minutes
The test environment temperature is about 21 degrees

CPU information: R9 3900X voltage 1.1V 3.9G

Without side panel installed
10 minutes temperature: about 86°C

Installation of side panels
10 minutes temperature: about 93°C

Graphics card using FURMARK test, still ten minutes test time
Graphics card model: R9 NANO default voltage

Without side panel installed
10 minutes temperature: about 77°C

Installation of side panels
10 minutes temperature: about 79°C

Finally, I hope you like it.

Attachments

• 1688827730797.png
    1688827730797.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

Sacha

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2021
It looks awesome! I've pre-ordered the MQ-6 already, the extra GPU spaces is worth it to me. Looking forward to the temperature test results.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Well thought out and beautifully executed! I too am interested in the MQ-6 (but have trouble pre-ordering through superbuy). Very nice work COOJ!

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Looks very nice! Would have liked that MQ-5 with usb type-c though, maybe it changes. I will keep following here 😀

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
It looks awesome! I've pre-ordered the MQ-6 already, the extra GPU spaces is worth it to me. Looking forward to the temperature test results.
Thank you very much for your support!
I will update it after I finish the temperature test.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Well thought out and beautifully executed! I too am interested in the MQ-6 (but have trouble pre-ordering through superbuy). Very nice work COOJ!
I am trying to build a website of my own.
I hope that's not too hard.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Looks very nice! Would have liked that MQ-5 with usb type-c though, maybe it changes. I will keep following here 😀
The problem is that MQ5 has no room for type-c in the front.
MQ6 has room for type-c because of its increased size.

Reactions: ezerez

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Looks like you could put a HDplex in there somehow. The thick aluminum of the case would probably also make a nice big heatsink for the AC-DC unit.
It can indeed be done, the power supply location has enough space to be compatible with some AC-DC units, and the housing is indeed a natural heat sink. Only the fixing method may need to figure out.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Very clean, makes me wish my Palit 3060 was an ITX one. I also love the presentation of those pitch slides in your original post.

I do think cases like this illustrate why I think Flex ATX psu's are becoming more and more important in SFF case design.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Very clean, makes me wish my Palit 3060 was an ITX one. I also love the presentation of those pitch slides in your original post.
I do think cases like this illustrate why I think Flex ATX psu's are becoming more and more important in SFF case design.
Thank you for your recognition, because of the virtual currency, it is difficult to buy the ITX version of 3060 in China, it is too painful, I hope to end this ordeal soon.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Indeed and I hope we see APUs become more capable (get to around the level of 1660 Ti or 2060). Maybe the pendulum will swing back the other way too.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Indeed and I hope we see APUs become more capable (get to around the level of 1660 Ti or 2060). Maybe the pendulum will swing back the other way too.
In fact, there is now an ITX version of the RTX 3060TI, but now it is too expensive.