Stalled Sparrow-MQ5 5.5L One-piece aluminum

OCTW

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 14, 2023
I ordered two months ago and haven't had any updates with regard to shipping. I emailed the contact addresses on the COOJ website a couple of times and I have heard nothing back. When can we expect the case to ship? What is the expected wait time?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I feel that you are too impatient. COOJ guarantees that you can refund at any time. Our first batch of pre-ordered users waited for 10 months, but the two-month wait is insignificant in comparison. You need more patience.

+1 Cooj has always done right by me. My first case had a small scuff on a corner. He sent me a brand new shell at no cost to me. Definitely not scammer behavior.

COOJ delivered before, so I personally don't see him as a scammer - at least at this point (and he builds beautiful cases btw).

What's lacking here is communication. Hence, we merely update the thread status as "Stalled". It will be updated as soon as we hear more from COOJ.

blaumago

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 1, 2019
@ignsvn
Sorry, I see it differently - until recently, emails were answered, but only some reasons were given why the delivery date was postponed.
My cancellation was not answered either, nor did I get my money back - so for me it's a scam

Reactions: Sean

Crotesque

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 1, 2023
I feel that you are too impatient. COOJ guarantees that you can refund at any time. Our first batch of pre-ordered users waited for 10 months, but the two-month wait is insignificant in comparison. You need more patience.
Not about patience, communication is non-existent lately.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
@ignsvn
Sorry, I see it differently - until recently, emails were answered, but only some reasons were given why the delivery date was postponed.
My cancellation was not answered either, nor did I get my money back - so for me it's a scam

That's a fair assessment - I guess there's no one blanket statement because each user encountered different situation with their order.

Hence the warning placed at the front page.

OCTW

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 14, 2023
I ordered my mq4 on May 30th (ORDER #1196). I am waiting for two months already. When can we expect the case to ship? I sent out emails to ask about progress but there is only one email back after two weeks. COOJ mentioned it will be finished in early July. Now it is almost August, I got nothing. I strongly suggest the communication should be improved if you do your business.

OCTW

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 14, 2023
it's august now, and still no updates?
One week before, COOJ finally replied to my email and they said it would be shipped SOON...... but I still don't know when it will be shipped and I don't have a tracking number. "soon" could mean the end of August or September... It is very bad communication for all customers at all.

I very much doubt what he said because the delivery time that they promised always postpone (each time is one month) they replied in the email.

In the beginning, it mentioned on their website that it will be finished reworks in early June. They broke the promise, but I can understand because of the short time to finish the reworks.
One month later, it mentioned it will be finished in early July. They broke the promise again.
One week before, they said they are preparing the shipment for the product..... (I very much doubt what he said)
and now, it is already in early August...

prepep

Cable Smoosher
May 10, 2023
One week before, COOJ finally replied to my email and they said it would be shipped SOON...... but I still don't know when it will be shipped and I don't have a tracking number. "soon" could mean the end of August or September... It is very bad communication for all customers at all.

I very much doubt what he said because the delivery time that they promised always postpone (each time is one month) they replied in the email.

In the beginning, it mentioned on their website that it will be finished reworks in early June. They broke the promise, but I can understand because of the short time to finish the reworks.
One month later, it mentioned it will be finished in early July. They broke the promise again.
One week before, they said they are preparing the shipment for the product..... (I very much doubt what he said)
and now, it is already in early August...
Yes, very bad communication. I decided to email Cooj for a refund so I can get a different case(fractal terra). I ordered the mq5 start of May, and I just can't wait anymore. Hopefully, you will get your case soon.

Crotesque

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 1, 2023
Yes, very bad communication. I decided to email Cooj for a refund so I can get a different case(fractal terra). I ordered the mq5 start of May, and I just can't wait anymore. Hopefully, you will get your case soon.
Same here, ordered at the start of May but there was too much uncertainty as to when it will even be shipped. I too have refunded my order through PayPal some weeks ago. Initially, I ordered the MQ5 with the intention of buying parts as I waited for it to ship, fast forward 2 months later I’ve finally got everything I needed except the case. 3 months on and I now have a SIXGE K3S on my desk while my disappointment just keeps growing with COOJ’s continued poor communication.

prepep

Cable Smoosher
May 10, 2023
Same here, ordered at the start of May but there was too much uncertainty as to when it will even be shipped. I too have refunded my order through PayPal some weeks ago. Initially, I ordered the MQ5 with the intention of buying parts as I waited for it to ship, fast forward 2 months later I’ve finally got everything I needed except the case. 3 months on and I now have a SIXGE K3S on my desk while my disappointment just keeps growing with COOJ’s continued poor communication.
I got email today saying the case will be shipped within a week but I already got all the components for fractal terra and finished building it as well. This really makes me more upset for some reason 🙃

Reactions: tinyitx and rfarmer

prepep

Cable Smoosher
May 10, 2023
I got email today saying the case will be shipped within a week but I already got all the components for fractal terra and finished building it as well. This really makes me more upset for some reason 🙃
Good news for other ppl who r still waiting tho.

ZiddyCat

Case Bender
New User
Jun 12, 2023
Just wanted to pop in and say that I got an e-mail 6 days ago saying my case would ship within 5 days, and I now have it.
It's been a heck of a journey waiting for this thing but it arrived all in one piece and exactly as I ordered, and I am terribly eager to migrate from my Velka 3 into it.
Hopefully the rest of the folks still waiting get similar e-mails or orders sent soon.

Sean

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 11, 2023
I wanted to let folks know that my order from May was just confirmed shipped to me. It is lame that he didn't provide a statue update over these last few months, but he is still in business.

Reactions: rfarmer

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
No patience!!! and this is coming from a guy who burned nearly $400.00 in The Dune Pro Scam. (I waited more than a year for a Cooj case.)
This is an example of what a Scam really is: Dune Case Scam What is being discussed here is not blatant disregard for ALL customers.
Cooj has delivered cases, end of discussion. Just look at the cost differential in a shipping Mac Pro Clone case and what Dune Scammed out their
customers with a fictitious low price. $400.0 for Gomez's fake scheme, or $1100.00 for a Shipping Mcprue Appllo L ATX: https://store.mcprue.com/
It's not just the cost of manufacturing, it's the quality of the case parts and the shipping blockades that are slowing your delivery. We are spoiled by what
Amazon can bring in from China and or Taiwan and, even Ali Express, can get Computer parts to us faster and cheaper than going through a Buyer to get Taobao Goods
we cannot find anywhere else in the world. Yes communication is key, as you do not know what is happening with your order when this does not exist, but persistence and creative thinking can force answers, The Internet can make a startup company instantaneously, and break it even faster!

Last edited:
Reactions: Drewzy

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Came across this MQ5 build in Chiphell.
Perhaps this can help or inspire current and future builders?
I quite like the one-piece Aluminum CNC shell. Convey a solid, simplistic and smooth feeling.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
COOJ delivered before, so I personally don't see him as a scammer - at least at this point (and he builds beautiful cases btw).

What's lacking here is communication. Hence, we merely update the thread status as "Stalled". It will be updated as soon as we hear more from COOJ.
We are very sorry that all orders have been shipped.
We are very sorry because we always have production problems and keep having accidents and a lot of delays for all of you.
Let's keep this thread on hold for now, we plan to only offer stock for sale from now on and I'll change this thread when it becomes available.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
@ignsvn
What's your order number, I'll check to see if there's a problem with the refund.