Stalled Sparrow-MQ5 5.5L One-piece aluminum

OCTW

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 14, 2023
I ordered my mq4 on May 30th (ORDER #1196) I see there is a Product design adjustment message on the website. When can we expect the case to ship? what is the expected wait time?

Reactions: Sean

nutsngum

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 26, 2023
for those that ordered what is the current lead time? what is the expected wait time?
I ordered a month ago and haven't had any updates with regards to shipping. Emailed the contact addresses on the COOJ website a couple of weeks ago just to see what was happening and have heard nothing back. I'm a little concerned at this point as it's a lot of money to pay (including air freight) and receive zero comms.

prepep

Cable Smoosher
May 10, 2023
I ordered a month ago and haven't had any updates with regards to shipping. Emailed the contact addresses on the COOJ website a couple of weeks ago just to see what was happening and have heard nothing back. I'm a little concerned at this point as it's a lot of money to pay (including air freight) and receive zero comms.
Yes, my patience is running out as well.

nutsngum

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 26, 2023
Yes, my patience is running out as well.
I received an email this afternoon not long after posting this here. It says they're still having production issues after making changes to the case, though weren't specific about what the issues were. Now saying shipping will be delayed until the start of July.

prepep

Cable Smoosher
May 10, 2023
I received an email this afternoon not long after posting this here. It says they're still having production issues after making changes to the case, though weren't specific about what the issues were. Now saying shipping will be delayed until the start of July.
Hopefully, I can even get my hands on it in July. 🙄 🙄 🙄

ZiddyCat

Case Bender
New User
Jun 12, 2023
It would be nice if we could get some sort of transparency about what exactly is going on with the cases and any proper date for shipments. It feels tenuous at best that it's almost 2 months since I made a payment of nearly $500 for something that at the time and still does say may shipping.

I would really like to migrate from my Velka 3 to this case, it looks like everything I've wanted in a very small form factor design, it's lovely.

However, as much as I want to support them, for a price like this I don't think it's a huge ask that they properly update the OP and the product description on the site so there aren't so many confused buyers like us.

Reactions: nutsngum

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
@COOJ any update regarding the above inquiries?

I understand that metal production and supply chain are tricky & tedious, but please try to communicate your situation at least once in a while.

It's been a month since your last post here & people need answers (especially those who have made payment).

Crotesque

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 1, 2023
I’m glad I’m not the only one getting pissed off. I understand he’s busy, but it is only right that the customer is kept updated frequently, especially since they have paid the full amount for a pre-order. Not expecting daily replies, but weekly at least?? Zero updates for over a month and overdue on shipments repeatedly, I’m not sure how long more I can tolerate this radio silence.

Sean

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 11, 2023
Yeah me too, no update from my order two months ago. I have all my parts ready to install but no case. Having said that I'm sure it is difficult building cases from scratch and keeping everyone happy.

nutsngum

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 26, 2023
I cancelled and to be fair to him, @COOJ was quick to refund. I don't wish him any more difficulty than he's presumably already having but I just couldn't wait any longer.

Reactions: rfarmer

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Because of COOJ's lack of communication, I have no choice but to update this thread's label to "Stalled". Also added a reminder message on the front page.

I will update the status back to Production when @COOJ respond to the customers.

Last edited:

prepep

Cable Smoosher
May 10, 2023
Still no updates???, I am thinking about canceling it and going for a different case(Velka 3) at this point.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I asked him mid of last week and he said the cases are ready this week.
So, for those who have ordered and waited long, I suggest waiting a week (or 2) longer and see what happens.
Been waiting for so long and so one more week of waiting is nothing, I suppose. Nothing to lose.

I ordered the Z13 from him just a while ago. Case was not mailed out on the scheduled time frame. So I talked to him and after a while there was no more response. Just when I was wondering what was going on and considering cancelling, 'Boom!" and the case was mailed out. So, anyway, waiting is no fun, of course. But a happy ending there was, at least in my case.

Greed

Efficiency Noob
Jun 22, 2021
I feel that you are too impatient. COOJ guarantees that you can refund at any time. Our first batch of pre-ordered users waited for 10 months, but the two-month wait is insignificant in comparison. You need more patience.

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
+1 Cooj has always done right by me. My first case had a small scuff on a corner. He sent me a brand new shell at no cost to me. Definitely not scammer behavior.

Reactions: rfarmer