Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
If you look on page 5 of this thread, there are some AM4 photos.
thank you so much!

Last question for this group, I promise! I see the videos and reviews comparing this to other pump/block combos, but I am curious if anyone has compared this to a dedicated block like EK’s Vector 2, or TechN, or any other of the high end dedicated blocks. (currently unused a TechN) and just curious how much performance i’ll be giving up if I go this route (obviously the advantage is freeing up much needed space, but trying to balance that to what type of performance loss i’ll be seeing to determine if it’s worth it).

Reactions: sos

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@Alloy Craft
Any news on timeline for shipping the first batch?
My shiny new case is waiting for the Lobo and all the T1 folks should see their case shipping soon, so would be perfect timing, if you could stick to late May/early June!

Reactions: NRG and DrHudacris

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
@Alloy Craft
Any news on timeline for shipping the first batch?
My shiny new case is waiting for the Lobo and all the T1 folks should see their case shipping soon, so would be perfect timing, if you could stick to late May/early June!
I talked to the paint shop on Monday and they are still behind. They are scheduled to start painting parts on the week of the 6th. And are scheduled for partial completion by the week of the 20th of June, possibly earlier. When I get them back I will need around a week to assemble and ship. So it is looking like mid to late June unfortunately.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I talked to the paint shop on Monday and they are still behind. They are scheduled to start painting parts on the week of the 6th. And are scheduled for partial completion by the week of the 20th of June, possibly earlier. When I get them back I will need around a week to assemble and ship. So it is looking like mid to late June unfortunately.
Ouch, that's unfortunate, but to be expected. Looks like I'll do a build without LoBo then in the meantime. Thanks for updating though!

El Media Vida

Caliper Novice
Jan 11, 2021
@Alloy Craft you won me.

With the anouncement of EK-pump block and a price arround of ~€250 (they not say if will include pump), I will buy a Lobo block. Do you have on mind a tentatve price for the acetal version? I mean, if the difference will be $20USD cheaper, the best option will be the full metal version.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Anyone know where to buy black or stainless steel G1/8 plugs?

Festo has a large selection of G1/8 fittings. Here is a link to one of their nickel platedG1/8 plugs

here is a Stainless plug

G 1/8'' Stainless steel Closing plug with Inner Hex 40 Bar | Tameson.com

@Alloy Craft you won me.

With the anouncement of EK-pump block and a price arround of ~€250 (they not say if will include pump), I will buy a Lobo block. Do you have on mind a tentatve price for the acetal version? I mean, if the difference will be $20USD cheaper, the best option will be the full metal version.

Yes I have seen the EK behemoth. By looking at it I don't think it will fit on many ITX motherboards due to the large offset where the reservoir is. The LOBO is much smaller than the EK version and it is a tight fit on some of the newer ITX boards. I don't think it will include a pump for the price due to the large piece of brass they are using to make the housing.

The LOBO Acetal version should be around $100, when released for the AMD socket and$115 for Intel.

Last edited:

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020

Thank you for the links!

I checked them out and I think the stainless steel plug doesn't have the seal or the seating to stop it extruding the seal.

I managed to find a plug on aliexpress. I bought a couple of extra g1/8 ones, so when they arrive, if anyone would like one, I can post the spare ones to EU addresses. I'm just trying to avoid nickel in my loop ..because I like to complicate my life..

Are there any G1/8 temperature probes that would fit in the lobo fill port?

There are some g1/8 temperature sensors on aliexpress but all of the ones I found were too long. I'm also not sure if the reservoir location is the best place for a temp sensor? wdyt?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
You have on mind the an estimated drop date?
I wont have time to work on these until after all of the pre orders are filled.

Thank you for the links!

I checked them out and I think the stainless steel plug doesn't have the seal or the seating to stop it extruding the seal.

I managed to find a plug on aliexpress. I bought a couple of extra g1/8 ones, so when they arrive, if anyone would like one, I can post the spare ones to EU addresses. I'm just trying to avoid nickel in my loop ..because I like to complicate my life..

There are some g1/8 temperature sensors on aliexpress but all of the ones I found were too long. I'm also not sure if the reservoir location is the best place for a temp sensor? wdyt?

Although I am not an expert on sensor placement, it seems to me that you would want to place it after your CPU and GPU in order to get total heat load in the loop. However, It could still be useful in the LOBO block as a loop temperature reference.

As for the fitting itself, I can make any configuration that is required, however I don't know what kind of thermocouple they are using for these sensors. However I would only offer this if there was significant demand.

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Although I am not an expert on sensor placement, it seems to me that you would want to place it after your CPU and GPU in order to get total heat load in the loop. However, It could still be useful in the LOBO block as a loop temperature reference.
Agreed, I think due to the speed of circulation that anywhere in the loop will do fine as long as it isn't in a dead spot such as on the far end of a distro plate. I think I'd avoid mounting a temperature sensor on the Lobo block, even though I really like the idea, because greater-than-coolant temp may bridge from the cold plate/housing through to the sensor by the connector itself.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

lulle2007200

Efficiency Noob
Aug 9, 2021
Although I am not an expert on sensor placement, it seems to me that you would want to place it after your CPU and GPU in order to get total heat load in the loop.
From my experience, at low pump speeds, there is at most 2 or 3 °C temperature difference within the loop. So sensor placement doesn't matter too much. As for the sensor being in a "dead spot" when in the fillport, I don't really worry that much about that. Currently, I have an aquanaut with a temperature sensor in one of the additional (fill) ports, even at very low pump speeds the temperature is accurate.
I don't know what kind of thermocouple they are using
They almost all use 10k NTC thermistors.

ziggehh

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2020
@Alloy Craft
Any progress on manufacturing/shipping? I hate to be a pain but my build is close and I managed to find a cheap Aquanaut Extreme - I am really hoping to wait for the LOBO but may end up building prior if the product wont ship for the next month or two.

Seriously so excited for this block!

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
@Alloy Craft
Any progress on manufacturing/shipping? I hate to be a pain but my build is close and I managed to find a cheap Aquanaut Extreme - I am really hoping to wait for the LOBO but may end up building prior if the product wont ship for the next month or two.

Seriously so excited for this block!

if all goes according to plan, I hope to get parts back from the painter late next week, or early the following. I will need around a week to assemble and then I can start shipping finally. The only other remaining item is for me to create the user manual and that is it.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
From my experience, at low pump speeds, there is at most 2 or 3 °C temperature difference within the loop. So sensor placement doesn't matter too much. As for the sensor being in a "dead spot" when in the fillport, I don't really worry that much about that. Currently, I have an aquanaut with a temperature sensor in one of the additional (fill) ports, even at very low pump speeds the temperature is accurate.

They almost all use 10k NTC thermistors.

Well it turns out it is much easier to find a G1/8 thermistor plug than a G1/8 temperature sensor. Anyway, I found this one that looks like it would fit but they don't actually confirm if the thread is correct.

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Well it turns out it is much easier to find a G1/8 thermistor plug than a G1/8 temperature sensor. Anyway, I found this one that looks like it would fit but they don't actually confirm if the thread is correct.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Did you ever confirm whether or not this fits in between the two standard G1/4 outlets?
I don't think it will fit, most likely it would hit the entry and exit fittings.