Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
I'd be keen to purchase a heatsink if they'll still fit on a beta unit. Need to change my pump mount method anyway as the current spring/washer/screw setup adds too much height.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
The colour coatings came out really nice. Regarding the pre-orders, will there be a hard limit on numbers or will you take as many orders as there are?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Is it possible to rotate pump (and heatsink) by 90 degree?
The heatsink can be mounted in 4 orientations, just like any DDC pump.
Congrats these look amazing.

Will there be an option to buy without heatsink and with both amd/intel mount?
I will be selling the pump bodys, however they are not discounted for the preorder. Essentially the way it is now, when you buy the pump body the heatsink is free if getting the plain version. Mounting plates for AMD will be available for those who want.
What are the top screws used? I feel like matte black screws would look much cleaner for the build I'd plan with this!
For corrosion resistance the LOBO has all stainless hardware. If you want you can get black screws for the heatsink. They are just M4 flat heads X 30mm long.
Is there a website for preorders or another way?
Website should be up later today.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
So AMD mounting will also be included, if I specify it?
And just to make sure: those are the low profile heatsinks only meant for the Lobo, basically acting like a D5, dumping the heat into the loop, right?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
The colour coatings came out really nice. Regarding the pre-orders, will there be a hard limit on numbers or will you take as many orders as there are?
I will take orders until I run out of stock.

So AMD mounting will also be included, if I specify it?
And just to make sure: those are the low profile heatsinks only meant for the Lobo, basically acting like a D5, dumping the heat into the loop, right?
If you want an additional top plate they are under top plates category, just add to your order. The low profile heatsinks can be used with any DDC application but they will not dump their heat into the loop unless using a solid metal pump housing like found on the LOBO.

Reactions: aexeq

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020
May I know where this is shipping from? Shipping to Singapore is mad expensive so I might send it to a forwarder.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Man, are you guys absolutely hammering the site or what? Can't even load it right now.

::EDIT:: Ah there we go, needed a refresh but it timed out the first attempt

Small typo

Last edited:

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020
Also just to confirm, flow is:
Inlet > fins > ddc > outlet?

So essentially reverse flow vs normal cpu block?

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
Were there substantial enough changes between the beta and final block to warrant me purchasing the final product rather than continuing to use my beta unit?

I'm definitely going to pick up a heatsink no matter what, just not sure if I should get a block too.

Last edited:

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Were there substantial enough changes between the beta and final block to warrant me purchasing the final product rather than continuing to use my beta unit?

I'm definitely going to pick up a heatsink no matter what, just not sure if I should get a block too.
The new block is 1mm shorter, has cold plate adjusters and the cold plate has 8 more micro channels. Other than that it is the same.

Nice to see the LOBO hitting the market. But damn, the shipping is mad expensive.
Where are you located? Shipping is auto calculating for international stuff.

Reactions: JDuval