Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SM550+ : Showcase (21st December 2019)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my sweet SM550+ case, fully compatible with 2.5 slots GPU and 57mm cpu cooler clearance..:)

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
SM550+ : Showcase (21st December 2019)

Here is my sweet SM550+ case, fully compatible with 2.5 slots GPU and 57mm cpu cooler clearance..:)

Wow! Nice work here and hopefully everyone had a great holiday!

Reactions: MarcParis

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@KSliger I don’t know if someone already asked it, but how much free space there is below the SFX PSU? Enough to have a Swiftech Maelstrom Horizontal? (80mm)
Thanks a lot!

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
Hey guys,

Quick question, does this look like it's all the way in? I'm losing my mind here because I can't get it to be recognized and in my eyes it looks slanted no matter how many times I reseat it.

Img

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hey guys,

Quick question, does this look like it's all the way in? I'm losing my mind here because I can't get it to be recognized and in my eyes it looks slanted no matter how many times I reseat it.

Img
It’s normal.
I noticed also some misalignments once everything is put in case.
Case frame is quite thin and tends to tiny distorsion.

At the end, no big deal..:)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
SM550+ : Switching to Ryzen 7 1700X & CPU Air Cooler (IS-60) (29th December 2019)
SM550+ is meeting ID Cooling IS-60 with great success (entering in silent world..:))!

Cats are still hard to convince to move away from Cerberus-X :

Last edited:

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
Almost a Happy New Year - just in time for a "we're still interested in a handled top for the SM550/560! There are dozens of us! DOZENS!"

:)

Meanwhile, just finished my 560 build. A very fun experience, but intense - way more planning and order of operations required than when doing a pizza box / console form factor. What a beaut! I owe you photos once the desk is cleaned up.

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
hey just finished my build with the sm580 few days ago, i am totally fine with the case, i haven chosen the nzxt kraken x62 for cooling but i am rly unhappy with the noise of the pump. i tried everything, running it with the cam software, which is quite bad, manually adjust the pump with liquidctl but there is no noise level which is fine for me. if the pump is about 50 % there is electric noise, if its higher there is the pump clickering.

is there a better solution instead of the kraken?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
hey just finished my build with the sm580 few days ago, i am totally fine with the case, i haven chosen the nzxt kraken x62 for cooling but i am rly unhappy with the noise of the pump. i tried everything, running it with the cam software, which is quite bad, manually adjust the pump with liquidctl but there is no noise level which is fine for me. if the pump is about 50 % there is electric noise, if its higher there is the pump clickering.

is there a better solution instead of the kraken?
What is your setup? PSU, motherboard, cpu, ram please?

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
PSU: Corsair SF750
MB: ASUS Strix 570-i
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo DIMM Kit 32GB (CL14-14-14-34)
GPU: ASUS 2080TI OC

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
if the pump is about 50 % there is electric noise, if its higher there is the pump clickering.

That sounds like a defective pump to me. I have an X62 on a workstation and even at 100% pump speed, its considerably quieter than the fans it comes with at 75% PWM (where I capped the curve).

Reactions: Talyrius

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
i mean my case stands on my desk like 1m away from me. the fans (noctua) are @ 500rpm those i cant hear.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
PSU: Corsair SF750
MB: ASUS Strix 570-i
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo DIMM Kit 32GB (CL14-14-14-34)
GPU: ASUS 2080TI OC
i mean my case stands on my desk like 1m away from me. the fans (noctua) are @ 500rpm those i cant hear.
First with your setup, you are no other option than watercooling.
If I were you I would open ram on kraken. Electric noise should not be higher than pump.

Only one test can be done before rma : Please try to test your system with different psu. There could be some incompatibilities between components.

Reactions: rfarmer