Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

weezedog

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 10, 2019
To be honest, C-shape cooler has often be complicated with other hardware compatibility (RAM, VRM heatsink, GPU, etc..) and maintenance (more difficult to reach area near cpu)
I was using such cooler in my former setup in early 2010's (Father of all gaming mini ITX case : sugo 07..:))

Right now I prefer so much either compact aircooler (90x90 like Noctua nh-l9i/a or up to NH-U9S) or watercooling (Asetek 645LT is really great) to keep clean motherboard.

Edit : for comparison I'm adding IS-60 picture from @rfarmer

The Asetek 645T is not viable long term solution. It’s a low volume niche product that has already been discontinued once. I think Dan from Dan Cases was the one who convinced them to bring it back, but it’s likely to not be profitable and stay in production. Asetek is an OEM, they don’t normally even sell products to consumers directly but none of their retail partners were interest in selling it.

AIOs have a shelf life, they lose water over time through evaporation and pumps go bad. So any case based around this AIO will probably not be usable 3-4 years from now when it’s discontinued. Which is why I want a SM550/650 with 75mm CPU clearance so I can fit a decent air cooler. The NH-L12S cools as well as the NH-U9S tower cooler and is 70mm. I love the look of the SM550/650 but won’t buy a case based around the 645LT. And I don’t want the taller SM570/580.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
The Asetek 645T is not viable long term solution. It’s a low volume niche product that has already been discontinued once. I think Dan from Dan Cases was the one who convinced them to bring it back, but it’s likely to not be profitable and stay in production. Asetek is an OEM, they don’t normally even sell products to consumers directly but none of their retail partners were interest in selling it.

AIOs have a shelf life, they lose water over time through evaporation and pumps go bad. So any case based around this AIO will probably not be usable 3-4 years from now when it’s discontinued. Which is why I want a SM550/650 with 75mm CPU clearance so I can fit a decent air cooler. The NH-L12S cools as well as the NH-U9S tower cooler and is 70mm. I love the look of the SM550/650 but won’t buy a case based around the 645LT. And I don’t want the taller SM570/580.
In this case I think the NCASE M1 is the only solution, which other mini case is 3slot and allows for taller than 50mm coolers while it mantains a Volume below 13~L?

weezedog

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 10, 2019
In this case I think the NCASE M1 is the only solution, which other mini case is 3slot and allows for taller than 50mm coolers while it mantains a Volume below 13~L?

I do have a V3 Ncase M1 but I can’t get any damn parts for it, they are always out of stock and I’m pretty unhappy about that. I have the older silver model with the ODD slot and I want to switch it to a black without the ODD or at a minimum get a silver non-ODD top panel.Nobody uses an optical drive anymore and I don’t want a damn slot where dirt and crap fall into it. I have been trying for like 1.5 years to get a top panel. I am NOT buying another entire M1, I will take my money elsewhere.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Well for me I compare this 645LT with gentle typhoon between scythe, nidec. All too longs are available. I see no reason why it won’t last.
I do have a V3 Ncase M1 but I can’t get any damn parts for it, they are always out of stock and I’m pretty unhappy about that. I have the older silver model with the ODD slot and I want to switch it to a black without the ODD or at a minimum get a silver non-ODD top panel.Nobody uses an optical drive anymore and I don’t want a damn slot where dirt and crap fall into it. I have been trying for like 1.5 years to get a top panel. I am NOT buying another entire M1, I will take my money elsewhere.
Why not taking external ODD?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Curious, you are wanting to buy a case with adequate CPU cooler height and no ODD that's not an M1 (sounds like SV540 from Sliger). So you want to drop $200-$250 on a case. Why not a M1 v6 which meets your needs? Were you unhappy with the M1 and looking for something else? Genuinely curious

weezedog

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 10, 2019
Curious, you are wanting to buy a case with adequate CPU cooler height and no ODD that's not an M1 (sounds like SV540 from Sliger). So you want to drop $200-$250 on a case. Why not a M1 v6 which meets your needs? Were you unhappy with the M1 and looking for something else? Genuinely curious

I’m not unhappy with the M1 product itself, I’m unhappy with their customer support and don’t want to reward bad support by giving them more of my money. It’s a principles thing. They advertise on their site that you can buy replacement parts but they NEVER stock those parts. I bought the M1 in 2015 and have been trying to get replacement panels literally FOR YEARS. You can buy a new case for $200+ but if you want to buy a new top panel $25 that they advertise you can forget it, I’ve never once seen it in stock and I sign up for email alerts and check the sfflab and now the ncases.com website regularly. Maybe with the new website they will stock parts better but I’m not holding my breathe. On the new website you can’t even buy a non-odd top panel for $25 anymore....... (but at least still “sell” a complete set panels for $85 so I can convert to black)

I have issues with Ncase. They only produce their product in batches a couple times a year. You can’t place an order for out of stock items, you have to wait for them to come into stock and hope that you can place an order before they sell out. Certain parts never come in stock. Just let me place an order, make my parts, then ship them to me. Is that so freaking hard?

At this point I’d rather buy Sliger or something with better customer support and sell my M1 on eBay and get my money back. Sliger has better vented panels, and personally I would prefer the sandwich design of the Sliger over the M1 as it allows you to see your graphics card and doesn’t put your graphics card very close to your desk potentially restricting airflow (I have the older M1 with the very short, like 10mm, case feet). I’m not thrilled with the look and the design of the SV540 compared to the SM series yet. Because the I/O comes out the top you have to add like 70mm of height just to hide the cables, it has a wide non-removable base, doesn’t appear to have front I/O which might be a deal breaker for me etc. I’d rather have the internal layout of the SV540 (2 slot graphics, 75mm cpu cooler height) in the traditional sexy looking SM550/560 series.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I’m not unhappy with the M1 product itself, I’m unhappy with their customer support and don’t want to reward bad support by giving them more of my money. It’s a principles thing. They advertise on their site that you can buy replacement parts but they NEVER stock those parts. I bought the M1 in 2015 and have been trying to get replacement panels literally FOR YEARS. You can buy a new case for $200+ but if you want to buy a new top panel $25 that they advertise you can forget it, I’ve never once seen it in stock and I sign up for email alerts and check the sfflab and now the ncases.com website regularly. Maybe with the new website they will stock parts better but I’m not holding my breathe. On the new website you can’t even buy a non-odd top panel for $25 anymore....... (but at least still “sell” a complete set panels for $85 so I can convert to black)

I have issues with Ncase. They only produce their product in batches a couple times a year. You can’t place an order for out of stock items, you have to wait for them to come into stock and hope that you can place an order before they sell out. Certain parts never come in stock. Just let me place an order, make my parts, then ship them to me. Is that so freaking hard?

At this point I’d rather buy Sliger or something with better customer support and sell my M1 on eBay and get my money back. Sliger has better vented panels, and personally I would prefer the sandwich design of the Sliger over the M1 as it allows you to see your graphics card and doesn’t put your graphics card very close to your desk potentially restricting airflow (I have the older M1 with the very short, like 10mm, case feet). I’m not thrilled with the look and the design of the SV540 compared to the SM series yet. Because the I/O comes out the top you have to add like 70mm of height just to hide the cables, it has a wide non-removable base, doesn’t appear to have front I/O which might be a deal breaker for me etc. I’d rather have the internal layout of the SV540 (2 slot graphics, 75mm cpu cooler height) in the traditional sexy looking SM550/560 series.
I must admit that Sliger is clearly better on this specific point. Even if they are overloaded you can always order spare parts.

Regarding your concern about maximum cpu cooler height in SM case, my next message on my SM550 review will definitely inspire you..:)

Reactions: rfarmer

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Here there are!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitting MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X in SM550 (15th December 2019)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asetek 645LT Noise & Thermals review (15th December 2019)

Here is summary of Asetek 645LT :
  • At 12V :
    • RPM : 5600 approx
    • Noise : Noisy, however Noctua NF-A09-14 at 2500rpm is louder
    • Performance : Pretty good. At full speed on fan/pump, my Intel Core i7 4770K is only reachin 70°C (71°C on peak) on Intel Burn Test 2.54 (High) vs 80°C with 9v+customed fan curve
  • At 9V :
    • RPM : 3600 approx
    • Noise : Clearly audible from 1m. Covered as soon other fan starts (GPU) on medium/high load
    • Performance : Good (80°C approx on IBT 2.54 with customed fan curve)
  • At 5V (corsair commander mini, minimum voltage)
    • RPM : 2700 approx
    • Noise : Barely audible from 1m. Could be acceptable on idle/low load
    • Performance : OK (completely fine on idle/low load)
  • Below 5V (corsair commander mini, minimum voltage+9v reductor on top)
    • RPM : 1800 approx (could reach 1200, but performance is becoming terrible). Corsair Commander mini struggle to keep it stable
    • Noise : Inaudible (however pump keep turn on/off...not recommended on long period of time)
    • Performance : just fine on idle. Mediocre on load
    • Performance with fan curse

robinthakur

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 16, 2019
I agree on the Ncase M1 topic. I decided early on in planning my ITX build that the M1 was the one for me, but decided against it in the end as the GPU was too space restricted and I want to use a 2.5 slot 2080 TI, and I think it would struggle to keep it cool. I ordered a SM580 (as I want to use a top 240mm radiator) from Density.sk who are the European distributors on the Sliger cases in Europe and then I don't have to worry about UK sales tax being added. For the white version with the dust filter kit, I paid $384,40 including shipping which is a horrific amount really. However, I've had the order confirmation back but every line in it is marked as Backordered, so I'm like ? I just want ato be able to buy a case and not feel totally ripped off!!

Literally right after I ordered, I got a notification that the Ncase M1 was back in stock, so now considering getting that instead. However the question of parts and just being able to buy things easily is a big question mark for them in my eyes and is quite offputting. The Loque Ghost is similarly just not possible to buy in Europe, it's always out of stock.

Any ideas on which ITX case I should get with the following parts? I'm I overlooking anything?
Ryzen 7 3700X, DDR 3600 Venggeance, Corsaif SF750 PSU, NZXT Kraken X52, Palit Gaming OC 2080TI, Aorus X570 Wifi Mobo.

Cheers,
Robin

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I agree on the Ncase M1 topic. I decided early on in planning my ITX build that the M1 was the one for me, but decided against it in the end as the GPU was too space restricted and I want to use a 2.5 slot 2080 TI, and I think it would struggle to keep it cool. I ordered a SM580 (as I want to use a top 240mm radiator) from Density.sk who are the European distributors on the Sliger cases in Europe and then I don't have to worry about UK sales tax being added. For the white version with the dust filter kit, I paid $384,40 including shipping which is a horrific amount really. However, I've had the order confirmation back but every line in it is marked as Backordered, so I'm like ? I just want ato be able to buy a case and not feel totally ripped off!!

Literally right after I ordered, I got a notification that the Ncase M1 was back in stock, so now considering getting that instead. However the question of parts and just being able to buy things easily is a big question mark for them in my eyes and is quite offputting. The Loque Ghost is similarly just not possible to buy in Europe, it's always out of stock.

Any ideas on which ITX case I should get with the following parts? I'm I overlooking anything?
Ryzen 7 3700X, DDR 3600 Venggeance, Corsaif SF750 PSU, NZXT Kraken X52, Palit Gaming OC 2080TI, Aorus X570 Wifi Mobo.

Cheers,
Robin
Sliger, since black friday, is litterally under water/overloaded.
I bought my SM550, also from Density, back to October, and it took 4-5weeks to arrive (in pretty standard load conditions).

With your GPU width of 58mm, SSF ITX cases choice is limited. For me, going to SM580 is the good path but it will require some patience to get it. Definitely it's worth it.

Till then, you can use your motherboard carton box as open benchtable..:D

robinthakur

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 16, 2019
Sliger, since black friday, is litterally under water/overloaded.
I bought my SM550, also from Density, back to October, and it took 4-5weeks to arrive (in pretty standard load conditions).

With your GPU width of 58mm, SSF ITX cases choice is limited. For me, going to SM580 is the good path but it will require some patience to get it. Definitely it's worth it.

Till then, you can use your motherboard carton box as open benchtable..:D
Haha, I’m using my old silverstone FT03 MATX case and dreaming of how much it’s going to shrink and hopefully get quieter! I’ll expect it in January then!

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Haha, I’m using my old silverstone FT03 MATX case and dreaming of how much it’s going to shrink and hopefully get quieter! I’ll expect it in January then!
For sure..:)
Personally comparing my Cerberus-X vs my SM550 was very shocking..especially as thermals (on gpu) were similar...:)

Alex Permit

Cable Smoosher
Oct 27, 2019
I'd like to thank everyone for your help. I've completed my SM580 build and am quite pleased. Both with the looks as well as the thermals. I've kept overclocking to a minimum as seen below:
  • 9900ks running 5GHZ all core turbo, unlimited short and long duration power limits
  • EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 GPU @2100 MHz
  • Corsair Vengence 2x32GB, 3600MHZ
  • Kraken x62 with Arctic Bionix P140 fans in exhaust mode, controlled with the latest release of liquidctl
  • Noctua NF-A14 PPC-2000 PWM exhaust fans linked to GPU temp (way overkill as it turns out and in practice are running at a fraction of their rated speed)
  • 970 Pro 1TB system disk, 970 EVO Plus 2TB program disk.
  • SM580 dual vented side panels
I took time setting up the machine on my BC1 open bench and running benchmarks. In the open-air, I saw little difference in temperature normalized noise levels between the native Kraken fans, the Noctua NF-A14, or the Arctic fans. I installed the computer in the SM580 this weekend and was surprised to see thermals within a couple of degrees of the machine on the test bench. CPU running prime 95 running no AVXwas 86c, with AVX 95c. GPU peak temp was roughly 65C running Furmark at 4k while CPU was running Prime 95 with no AVX. General 4k gaming benchmarks ran at 61C.

Since both fans were in exhaust mode, I purchased two Demcifilters for the SM580 side panels. They looked ugly as heck, so I stripped off their frames and mounted the raw filters on the inside of the panels. The residual tape on the frame holds the filters in place, and the pressure of the side panel against the case keeps them there. I was pleased to see thermals were unaffected by the addition of the filters. I purchased a roll of 150 mesh (100 micron) nylon filters to use as replacements once the filters are too clogged to clean easily.

I would share pictures but the PC was a gift and the recipient took off with it the moment it was completed :-)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'd like to thank everyone for your help. I've completed my SM580 build and am quite pleased. Both with the looks as well as the thermals. I've kept overclocking to a minimum as seen below:
  • 9900ks running 5GHZ all core turbo, unlimited short and long duration power limits
  • Kraken x62 with Arctic Bionix P140 fans in exhaust mode, controlled with the latest release of liquidctl
  • Noctua NF-A14 PPC-2000 PWM exhaust fans linked to GPU temp (way overkill as it turns out and in practice are running at a fraction of their rated speed)
I took time setting up the machine on my BC1 open bench and running benchmarks. In the open-air, I saw little difference in temperature normalized noise levels between the native Kraken fans, the Noctua NF-A14, or the Arctic fans. I installed the computer in the SM580 this weekend and was surprised to see thermals within a couple of degrees of the machine on the test bench. CPU running prime 95 running no AVXwas 86c, with AVX 95c. GPU peak temp was roughly 65C running Furmark at 4k while CPU was running Prime 95 with no AVX. General 4k gaming benchmarks ran at 61C.

Since both fans were in exhaust mode, I purchased two Demcifilters for the SM580 side panels. They looked ugly as heck, so I stripped off their frames and mounted the raw filters on the inside of the panels. The residual tape on the frame holds the filters in place, and the pressure of the side panel against the case keeps them there. I was pleased to see thermals were unaffected by the addition of the filters. I purchased a roll of 150 mesh (100 micron) nylon filters to use as replacements once the filters are too clogged to clean easily.

I would share pictures but the PC was a gift and the recipient took off with it the moment it was completed :-)
Completely agree about excellent cooling performance of Sliger SM series..:D

Reactions: rfarmer

j6runner

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019

Which mobo did you decide to go with? Also which kit of Corsair Vengence did you go with in terms of timing? 64GB (2x32GB) of memory wasn't too much for the memory controller with the CPU running at 5GHz?

j6runner

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
WE ARE EXTREMELY FAR BEHIND FROM BLACK FRIDAY AND NOW HARDWARECANUCKS VIDEO

Please stop calling us and telling us we suck, we know.

If we have not gotten to your email I am sorry, have several people out sick in office so no one is answering support, orders, or sales emails. Will get to these as soon as we can.

We should have everything shipped by Friday, maybe some Monday/Tuesday. If you have travel plans please call us and see what we can do.

Thank you!
@KSliger any updates? ? Thanks!

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I have my 3600X on a Velka 5 (no case fans) and I've seen a max of 70 degrees while gaming, would the 2x120 case fans for a SM560 reduce this temperature?

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but is it near future for PCIe 4.0 on Sliger cases? DanCase has a 3M PCIe® x16 Gen4 riser already available for v4.1.

Edit: Currently using an L9a

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I have my 3600X on a Velka 5 (no case fans) and I've seen a max of 70 degrees while gaming, would the 2x120 case fans for a SM560 reduce this temperature?

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but is it near future for PCIe 4.0 on Sliger cases? DanCase has a 3M PCIe® x16 Gen4 riser already available for v4.1.
what cpu cooler are you planning inside SM560?