Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
I have a normal atx psu yeh I will try but do u rly think this behavior comes from the psu? I mean I can hear how the noise changes if I change the power level of the pump

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I have a normal atx psu yeh I will try but do u rly think this behavior comes from the psu? I mean I can hear how the noise changes if I change the power level of the pump
It’s just by experience to handle electric noise.
You can also check my videos on asetek pump v6 noise

At worst case you can build your own customer AIO with alphacool pump (i did it a lot in the past with apogee drive or alphacool (from fractal design kelvin)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
What radiator would u recommend ?
Radiator will multiple ports like alphacool st 30 v2 (30 mm thick) or xt 45 v2. I will prefer 240 to use noctua sterrox NF A12-25. This will be easier to fulfill.
In terms of tubing 10-13 mm could be ok but you will need to refill once per year.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SM550+ : Moving to perfection : SX-800LTI (and riser update) (3rd January 2020)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not today I will stop complaining about Corsair SF PSU, with their fake fanless mode (unable to sustain fanless as they always become warm, even with reasonable load), poor fan noise & control.
Thus I decided to move my SX-800LTI (SFX-L 130mm long, 800W, Titanium) from Cerberus-X to SM550+.

Like Asetek 645LT assembly it is mandatory to put grid on bottom fan (or move to 15mm thick fan).
Cable management is pretty ok as flat cable from Silverstone are "way" smoother than Corsair SF. I also appreciated that 24pins cable is split in 3, helping cable management.

What about results?
No parasite noise, fan stopping as soon as load is away (true fanless mode).
My SM550+ is now a complete beast : silent on idle, very quiet on gaming, a pure delight!

Small word about riser change.
For me, PCIe riser is riveted on a small piece of steel as you can see below.

However this piece of steel is easily replaced, as it fixed by 2 philips screws :

I hope @KSliger or @shadowfear could confirm me this point.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
this noise is about ~2200 rpm

no i am facing the gpu side
Ok well I have similar noise (maybe a little bit less loud) from my Asetek 645LT.
In game I can't hear it but on low load/idle I can.

Even alphacool eisbaer produced some noise (less than Asetek). Only Apogee drive II was completely silent at 1200rpm...but it's too big for Sliger.

You have several options :
  • Go back to air, meaning you need to get IS-60 that will force you to change RAM and Motherboard.
  • Stay on watercooling but try eisbaer solution
  • Keep Asetek and keep headphones all day long..;)
Even me I wonder If I won't try 92mm customed WC (based on Eisbaer) in my Cerberus-X..:D

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
this noise is about ~2200 rpm

no i am facing the gpu side
Well I've finished my testing of 645LT inside my Cerberus-X.

I assume your 2200rpm is real speed, that's quite high.

Based on my testing, 1800rpm (monitored by MB at 3600rpm, approx 9v) was still annoying. It's only while reaching 1350rpm (monitored at 2700rpm, approx 5v) that pump noise is becoming acceptable, to my ears.
As 645LT is small, 2700rpm is OK, with minimal/no performance loss.

However I forecast 2 issues for you :
  • My Asus Crosshair was unable to go below 1800rpm/3600rpm (below it simply cuts power to pump), thus I was forced to use my Corsair commander mini to go to 2700rpm. In fact when I setup my pump to 52%, pump is cutting itself. However at 40% it's back at 2700rpm
  • Not sure that at 1350rpm/2700rpm flow will be enough for your 240/280mm radiator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
The fact is I control the pump speed via liquidctl via python and the lowest speed is 50% . If I go under 50% nothing happens.
But if I go to 50% speed I have a weird electronic noise. I also have tried with Nzxt can but that piece of software is just horrible.

idk if there are other options for the kraken

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The fact is I control the pump speed via liquidctl via python and the lowest speed is 50% . If I go under 50% nothing happens.
But if I go to 50% speed I have a weird electronic noise. I also have tried with Nzxt can but that piece of software is just horrible.

Well did you update firmware or use latest version of next can (i’ve read it was better than previous version)?
there is no direct control of pump noise.

fractal design Celsius series have less software layers.

have you checked eisbaer alternative?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

You can try Eisbaer LT 240, as AIO.

I know Alphacool will release new theme on their AIo system in 2020

Vamt

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2019
Got my SM 580 yesterday. Now I've been playing with it, here's what i came out so far.

Modtek DDC PUMP works with Swiftech Res. Now waiting for EKWB Slim SE 280mm will be installing with Chromaxx NF-A14 140mm 2x (HOPE IT FITS!)
Bottom front will have EK slim radiator 120mm with Chromaxx 12x15mm slim fan & 1 Chromaxx NF-A14 140mm.

Whats the best way to mount the pump to the chassis? I'm planning to use Velcro and some zip ties.

Here's the Loop plan.

Trying to fit EKWB EXTOP DDC & Alphacool XT45 280mm but there's no way that it will fit.

Any Suggestions? Thanks for reading.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Got my SM 580 yesterday. Now I've been playing with it, here's what i came out so far.

Modtek DDC PUMP works with Swiftech Res. Now waiting for EKWB Slim SE 280mm will be installing with Chromaxx NF-A14 140mm 2x (HOPE IT FITS!)
Bottom front will have EK slim radiator 120mm with Chromaxx 12x15mm slim fan & 1 Chromaxx NF-A14 140mm.

Whats the best way to mount the pump to the chassis? I'm planning to use Velcro and some zip ties.

Here's the Loop plan.

Trying to fit EKWB EXTOP DDC & Alphacool XT45 280mm but there's no way that it will fit.

Ambitious project.

Why not using XSPC thin radiator (20mm) with even Xflow variant? It should help clearance especially EK SE radiator (28mm thick)

Reactions: Vamt

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Here's the Loop plan.

The 120mm EK rad in the bottom may be challenging, but hopefully you can get it. I'll echo @MarcParis and say if it doesn't work, try the XSPC TX120 there instead. For the top rad, I believe the HW Labs Stealth L-Series (you can get it on Performance-PC) will fit, but not the big HWLabs Nemesis GTS as its too long and too wide. Hopefully the EK 280 fits in the top but be aware that if the corners are too square you may have issues with closing the side panels due to the ball studs hitting the rad. You can mount fans on top and then rad underneath it to hopefully work around that if necessary.

If it's at all possible to make it fit, have the pump at the bottom with the reservoir above it. You always want the pump at the bottom of the loop to keep it from running dry. Can you swap the position of the res and the pump? Another person mounted the DDC pump in the bottom instead of a 2nd radiator. I've also seen folks mount the pump where you did by screwing directly into the case, but they used the radiator above it as the "reservoir" by filling it using top-facing fill ports (such as in the Nexxxos Alphacool rads).

Is that the Aorus Waterforce card that uses a built-in EK water block? If so, find out from EK (their email support is great) if you can use the 90 degree rotary terminal on the top, it will help with your tube routing significantly.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Reactions: MarcParis and Vamt