Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Vamt

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2019
Ambitious project.

Why not using XSPC thin radiator (20mm) with even Xflow variant? It should help clearance especially EK SE radiator (28mm thick)

I can't find any slim/thin XSPC 280mm rad in amazon. This is the only available option that i found "EKWB EK-CoolStream SE 280 Radiator".
I will swap one Chromaxx NF-A14 140mm to a slim 140mm fan if it hits the pump.

Reactions: MarcParis

Vamt

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2019
The 120mm EK rad in the bottom may be challenging, but hopefully you can get it. I'll echo @MarcParis and say if it doesn't work, try the XSPC TX120 there instead. For the top rad, I believe the HW Labs Stealth L-Series (you can get it on Performance-PC) will fit, but not the big HWLabs Nemesis GTS as its too long and too wide. Hopefully the EK 280 fits in the top but be aware that if the corners are too square you may have issues with closing the side panels due to the ball studs hitting the rad. You can mount fans on top and then rad underneath it to hopefully work around that if necessary.

If it's at all possible to make it fit, have the pump at the bottom with the reservoir above it. You always want the pump at the bottom of the loop to keep it from running dry. Can you swap the position of the res and the pump? Another person mounted the DDC pump in the bottom instead of a 2nd radiator. I've also seen folks mount the pump where you did by screwing directly into the case, but they used the radiator above it as the "reservoir" by filling it using top-facing fill ports (such as in the Nexxxos Alphacool rads).

Is that the Aorus Waterforce card that uses a built-in EK water block? If so, find out from EK (their email support is great) if you can use the 90 degree rotary terminal on the top, it will help with your tube routing significantly.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I wasn't aware that XSPC have thinner version of radiators. So what I have right now is EKWB EK-CoolStream Classic SE 120 Slim Radiator which is 27mm thick + a 15mm thick fan.

I also have the 120mm bracket from Sliger. Which is in their website indicates that it will allows custom loops to be built with 1x 120mm radiator (27mm thick) and 1x 120mm x 15mm thick fan in the lower front position.

Yes it i Aorus 2080ti xtreme waterforce waterblock. For the pump & reservoir that the only position where both of it fits.
Will try to do more experiments.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The fact is I control the pump speed via liquidctl via python and the lowest speed is 50% . If I go under 50% nothing happens.
But if I go to 50% speed I have a weird electronic noise. I also have tried with Nzxt can but that piece of software is just horrible.

idk if there are other options for the kraken
I guess it's urgent to wait to choose new AIO for SM Series..:)
EK has presented during CES 2020, true new AIO (240, 280) that should fit in SM570/580 case..;)

https://www.cowcotland.com/news/70261/ces-2020-a-la-decouverte-des-premiers-vrais-kits-aio-ek.html

longnosedgoblin

Cable Smoosher
Sep 4, 2019

Got my ID Cooling IS-60 in today, paired it with a Prolimatech140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex Fan. I used this fan previously with a Big Shuriken 2 in my MI-6 and I knew performance and noise levels were really good compared to the included fan. I used some M3 x 4mm cap head screws and used the back part of the frame rather than the front, this prevented the side panel from bowing. Cooling seems really decent with idle temps of 31C and load 75C.
Did you do anything else to get this to fit? I have just bought almost the identical setup except I am using the gigabyte 570i motherboard, and my fan sticks out the case by about 5mm.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Did you do anything else to get this to fit? I have just bought almost the identical setup except I am using the gigabyte 570i motherboard, and my fan sticks out the case by about 5mm.
Normally screws head are exceeding SM tolerance. @rfarmer used flat head M3 screws to make it fit.

You can try zip tie or any other tie to hold fan in place.

At last, you can try my simple mod that leads to SM550+ case..;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitting MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X in SM550 (15th December 2019)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SM550+ : Switching to Ryzen 7 1700X & CPU Air Cooler (IS-60) (29th December 2019)

Reactions: rfarmer

longnosedgoblin

Cable Smoosher
Sep 4, 2019
Normally screws head are exceeding SM tolerance. @rfarmer used flat head M3 screws to make it fit.

You can try zip tie or any other tie to hold fan in place.

At last, you can try my simple mod that leads to SM550+ case..;)
Fitting MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X in SM550 (15th December 2019)

SM550+ : Switching to Ryzen 7 1700X & CPU Air Cooler (IS-60) (29th December 2019)

I used screws on the inside frame as suggested by rfarmer. It is the actual fan itself that causes the case to bulge. I see you used washers to push out the pins, I will have to give that a go.

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
I have one window side panel. ATM I am using both vented, just ordered the window panel on top. I have set top and bottom fans to exhaust. If I mount the window panel (for noise reason) do I have to swap my airflow?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I guess it's urgent to wait to choose new AIO for SM Series..:)
EK has presented during CES 2020, true new AIO (240, 280) that should fit in SM570/580 case..;)

https://www.cowcotland.com/news/70261/ces-2020-a-la-decouverte-des-premiers-vrais-kits-aio-ek.html
The radiator there has hard squared off corners, I think it will be incompatible.

Also, if you're going the EK route just buy custom watercooling parts. Their history with AIOs (Predator, Phoenix) has not been good for longevity. They seem to abandon or cancel their products constantly and release "new" ones, and they cost as much as doing a proper custom loop.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I used screws on the inside frame as suggested by rfarmer. It is the actual fan itself that causes the case to bulge. I see you used washers to push out the pins, I will have to give that a go.
Yes, very simple mod with 4mm washer. It's working for vented panels, but not guaranted for windowed/plain as stud could be too short..;)
And welcome to SM550+ owner's club..;)

I have one window side panel. ATM I am using both vented, just ordered the window panel on top. I have set top and bottom fans to exhaust. If I mount the window panel (for noise reason) do I have to swap my airflow?
Main issue will be GPU cooling if you put windowed panel in front of it.
At worst case, you just need to put bottom fans as intake.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The radiator there has hard squared off corners, I think it will be incompatible.

Also, if you're going the EK route just buy custom watercooling parts. Their history with AIOs (Predator, Phoenix) has not been good for longevity. They seem to abandon or cancel their products constantly and release "new" ones, and they cost as much as doing a proper custom loop.
very true...on this point, Alphacool is clearly more consistent as they are promoting their own pump..:D