Skywiring

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Hi @Josh | NFC, congratz with your own vendor part on the forum :)

I got a question about the skywiring. I see a full set is about $52 on you website, but the shipping to europe (Netherlands) is about $39 which is almost as much as the whole set itself.

Is there anyway on reducing the shipping, I saw that the guy from Avaentum who also make custom HDplex cables only has about $24 shipping cost to europe.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hello, BryceK

A couple thoughts on shipping (in general)

1. I don't upcharge on shipping, but my website doesn't let me get granular. So often times the price for smaller items is pretty bad at checkout. I just refund customers at shipping time if the overage is crazy.

2. @royalba94 can you chime in and let me know how you ship your cables? $24 might be spot on for the Netherlands for me too, but I don't know until I print the postage. Also, my goal for Skywire wasn't to take business away from custom sleevers, who are a a core in the pro modding community--it was just to offer a high quality option as sleevers are usually backlogged from crafting their art.

3. For the Skywire cables I use a USPS flat rate small box, shipping from 39532. You are welcome to price it out, or try and find the cheapest shipping service possible for me to use.

If I can reduce shipping cost...boy howdy...that would be fantastic! So let me know what you come up with.

Peace

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
@Josh | NFC, I checked for you. I don't know hoe legit this service is, but the prices are worth checking out.

https://www.myus.com/

Cheapest to the Netherlands (I quess whole EU) is $17,99 but that is without track & trace. The $18.18 dollar version does have track & trace, and the higher the costs the faster it get shipped.

A normal USPS package to the Netherlands takes about 14 days. Well if its 14 days for $24 or max 4 for $21.12 then I know what to choose.

BTW on the site I filled in that the package would be about 0,2KG since cables don't weigh that much.

Hope it helps!

nextpc

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2016
@Josh | NFC , I wanted to contact you in regards to a recent video you made , ' Miniest ITX, Maximumest cooling! ( I sorta watercooled a S4 MINI...) '. I am interested in purchasing the same case and wanted to water cool my build as well.
QUESTION: Can i purchase those water cooling fittings from you? If not, where can i purchase those Micro Water Cooling fittings and tubing that you have in your video?
Thanks Josh!

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC, I checked for you. I don't know hoe legit this service is, but the prices are worth checking out.

https://www.myus.com/

Cheapest to the Netherlands (I quess whole EU) is $17,99 but that is without track & trace. The $18.18 dollar version does have track & trace, and the higher the costs the faster it get shipped.

A normal USPS package to the Netherlands takes about 14 days. Well if its 14 days for $24 or max 4 for $21.12 then I know what to choose.

BTW on the site I filled in that the package would be about 0,2KG since cables don't weigh that much.

Hope it helps!

I don't see how this helps me ship to you though...this is a parcel combining service looks like. I can't see anywhere how I can use it to get your package to you cheaper. The closest thing would be for me to send the items to them, and they send it to you, but you would be paying shipping twice.

If I am misunderstanding this let me know! I want cheaper shipping rates :)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC , I wanted to contact you in regards to a recent video you made , ' Miniest ITX, Maximumest cooling! ( I sorta watercooled a S4 MINI...) '. I am interested in purchasing the same case and wanted to water cool my build as well.
QUESTION: Can i purchase those water cooling fittings from you? If not, where can i purchase those Micro Water Cooling fittings and tubing that you have in your video?
Thanks Josh!

I used Koolance and Watercool fittings, depending on which ones you are talking about. I have links in the description in my videos too.

https://koolance.com/products
http://watercool.de/

Peace

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
I don't see how this helps me ship to you though...this is a parcel combining service looks like. I can't see anywhere how I can use it to get your package to you cheaper. The closest thing would be for me to send the items to them, and they send it to you, but you would be paying shipping twice.

If I am misunderstanding this let me know! I want cheaper shipping rates :)

You can apply to be a merchant partner, making it able to use their services as a shop to ship internationaly.

https://www.myus.com/partner/merchant/

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
@Josh | NFC I will place a order through your website :) Hope it can ship soon then, and that the USPS cost are around the $24

Also send you a e-mail which is crusial for the shipping to the Netherlands.

Last edited:

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
site denied access for some reason ._.

EDIT: went on mobile, and at one point scrolling locked. had to pinch-zoom to move around. does it have something to do with the mcaffee logo at the bottom-right?

I don't know why it happend.

codeblue

What's an ITX?
Jul 3, 2018
Hi @Josh | NFC, congratz with your own vendor part on the forum :)

I got a question about the skywiring. I see a full set is about $52 on you website, but the shipping to europe (Netherlands) is about $39 which is almost as much as the whole set itself.

Is there anyway on reducing the shipping, I saw that the guy from Avaentum who also make custom HDplex cables only has about $24 shipping cost to europe.

Yes there is, freight forwarding companies work with major shippers to find unoccupied spots in their cargo holds, cut bulk deals with them and get prices way down from that, could get it up to 3 times cheaper from Netherlands.

SlyHooper

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2018
I just want to piggy back off the original question. I wanted to know how long it would take for the cables to be made as shipped? I live in the US and tried to build with the cables that came with the HDPlex 400 but they are was too bulky. I just want to have my build up and running as soon as possible.
Hello, BryceK

A couple thoughts on shipping (in general)

1. I don't upcharge on shipping, but my website doesn't let me get granular. So often times the price for smaller items is pretty bad at checkout. I just refund customers at shipping time if the overage is crazy.

2. @royalba94 can you chime in and let me know how you ship your cables? $24 might be spot on for the Netherlands for me too, but I don't know until I print the postage. Also, my goal for Skywire wasn't to take business away from custom sleevers, who are a a core in the pro modding community--it was just to offer a high quality option as sleevers are usually backlogged from crafting their art.

3. For the Skywire cables I use a USPS flat rate small box, shipping from 39532. You are welcome to price it out, or try and find the cheapest shipping service possible for me to use.

If I can reduce shipping cost...boy howdy...that would be fantastic! So let me know what you come up with.

Peace