SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Done. Shipping is expensive though. Is this coming from tawain?

I went with the 60$ global shopping, a bit high but hopefully it’ll speed things up from Taiwan. Super excited for the case and it’ll open up global markets im sure.

What did you guys pay and where is it going to?

S4M is officially sold out. Hope to catch you all on the next round!!

(I jest, I jest)

Is there no black option anymore? I only see silver.

This was a very unfortunately error and I know it is going to upset alot of people, but there are no all black MINIs available at this time. There were supposed to be BLACK PANELS stand alone parts at launch...the status of those you would have to ask Wahaha about. But they are a separate item.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
What did you guys pay and where is it going to?

This was a very unfortunately error and I know it is going to upset alot of people, but there are no all black MINIs available at this time. There were supposed to be BLACK PANELS stand alone parts at launch...the status of those you would have to ask Wahaha about. But they are a separate item.

I opted for the TWPS AIR140. Shipping to APO (treated as New York, USA) and the bill was $40.

Skeo

Chassis Packer
Apr 3, 2017
Ahhh bummer... convinced my brother to build in this. Problem is he only likes black to match the rest of his consoles.

@Wahaha360 How long do you think until the black panels would be available?

Last edited:

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Ok, ordered S4M and Dynamo Mini 200. With dell 300w external brick it should be enough to power 8700k I believe ( without GPU ) .

Since @Josh | NFC mentioned the height of S4M is similar to s4mini classic, so for cooling my options remains the same.
1) Zalman CNPS2X + Scythe 120mm slim
2) Noctua NH-l9i

Could anyone confirm ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Last edited:

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Ahhh bummer... convinced my brother to build in this. Problem is he only likes black to match the rest of his consoles.

@Wahaha360 How long do you think until the black panels would be available?
They are available now.

Hey josh are the silver panels untreated so if I wanted to go get them powder coated I could?

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
This is getting really confusing. I ordered S4M about an hour ago. What do I get ? whats included and whats not.
- Is front Bazel included by default, which color ?
- Is fan bracket included ?
- Is dual fan bracket included ?

I think if you add a section ( "Whats in the box" ) somewhere on the product page, it would help everyone and enable us to add everything we need to one order.

Thanks.

Reactions: Nasp

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
I dont wanna sound like a complaining little ***** but I really feel like there should be a straight black option when buying the case. Paying 200 for the base case and then paying an extra 75 (+ shipping) for the black panels seems a bit much.

I know, I know... its optional... but still. I love me some jet black.

Regardless, I shall be picking one of these up next week.

Last edited:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
They are available now.

Hey josh are the silver panels untreated so if I wanted to go get them powder coated I could?

All the MINI panels are treated! They are anodized beautifully to the highest standard. The black ones are dyed then sealed, but the silver ones are still anodized.

You can powdercoat over anodized panels wonderfully. There isn't a better surface you can powdercoat in fact! :D

This is getting really confusing. I ordered S4M about an hour ago. What do I get ? whats included and whats not.
- Is front Bazel included by default, which color ?
- Is fan bracket included ?
- Is dual fan bracket included ?

I think if you add a section ( "Whats in the box" ) somewhere on the product page, it would help everyone and enable us to add everything we need to one order.

Thanks.

Dear Wasim,

I am very sorry for the confusion. We are talking about replacement parts. Your S4M comes with:

The Inner and Outer cover panels (Silver)
Inner Chassis (Black)
Front Bezel (Black)
SkyBracket Duo (Black)
SkyBracket (Black)

So yes, you ordered a complete chassis. I hope this helps!

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
I dont wanna sound like a complaining little ***** but I really feel like there should be a straight black option when buying the case. Paying 200 for the base case and then paying an extra 75 (+ shipping) for the black panels seems a bit much.

Pretty sure it has to do with manufacturing. If you only offer one color case you can bring down the price to produce. That’s probably why the other “accessories” are a premium price. Would be easier to give lian Li three hundred orders of the same case to bring cost down than 150 silver and 150 black. It also probably cost more to treat the large panels.

I also thinks it’s easier to offer it as an accessory. Since you can paint and treat the silver maybe people want just the silver front and get the whole case painted. Maybe people want the silver front and black panels. Then there you with I want all black. I think it is quite fine having the base model then charging for peoples customization.

In due time I can see it being offered as standard options once the ball starts rolling and there are orders continuously. If you are that grumpy you always have the options of getting it painted/coated yourself. Probably could be cheaper if you know someone to do it or get quoted at a local shop.

Last edited:

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
[/QUOTE]
All the MINI panels are treated! They are anodized beautifully to the highest standard. The black ones are dyed then sealed, but the silver ones are still anodized.

You can powdercoat over anodized panels wonderfully. There isn't a better surface you can powdercoat in fact! :D

Dear Wasim,

I am very sorry for the confusion. We are talking about replacement parts. Your S4M comes with:

Inner Chassis (Black)
Front Bezel (Black)
SkyBracket Duo (Black)
SkyBracket (Black)

Thanks for the info josh I assumed that was the case just wanted to be sure. Lian Li quality is top notch.

He still needs a vandal switch. Maybe a link on the site to some would help. I know there are still really fresh sff people so any info I guess can help. Would love to see hdplex and gury become part of the sfflabs. To complete the all in one site. And some bricks offered. I know I am getting ahead of myself and this is most likely in the works.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017

Dear Wasim,

Inner Chassis (Black)
Front Bezel (Black)
SkyBracket Duo (Black)
SkyBracket (Black)

Thanks @Josh | NFC that clears it up.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com

I totally understand the sentiment and I am sorry. Keep in mind that I need to buy all this inventory, and the panels need to be anodized together. I can't stock all combinations for everything.

One way to look at it is you are getting a black upgrade option for $75...AND a whole 'nother set of panels. If you were to get your panels powdercoated professionally it would be as much or more and you wouldn't have two panel sets.

As a final note...there are not many black extra panel pieces being made. So when those sell out I need to wait for the next run to order more. Basically what I am saying is those are very limited.

Please understand I want to do my best to offer you guy the product you want and in no way do I want to upset you. I thought about not even offering these and just organizing a powdercoating service but that's been slow and unpredictable so I wanted something faster, cheaper, and (I thought ) better as you get a whole extra set of panels.

THANK YOU for your feedback and for being a great customer!!!!

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Thanks for the info josh I assumed that was the case just wanted to be sure. Lian Li quality is top notch.

He still needs a vandal switch. Maybe a link on the site to some would help. I know there are still really fresh sff people so any info I guess can help. Would love to see hdplex and gury become part of the sfflabs. To complete the all in one site. And some bricks offered. I know I am getting ahead of myself and this is most likely in the works.

If you would like, I sell these on my site and I am doing a pre-order special where you can customize the button more:

http://nfc-systems.com/shop/switch

Peace

doogie

Trash Compacter
Nov 28, 2016
I'm certainly interested in a powdercoating service, especially if the cost gets better with one shop doing a bunch of these cases..otherwise I'll just take the panels to a local shop.

Reactions: Josh | NFC