SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Just a probing question, but what is the best cpu cooler in terms of cooling that fits in the S4M? I've heard varying answers ranging from the Cooltek LP53, to the Noctua L9-I. I'll be using Noctua's NF-A9x14 as the fan.

I think the best cooler is a "insert heatsink here" plus 120/140mm slim fan but you'd probably need to remove your heasinks and tall ram is out of the question

Reactions: Obelisk

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
Just a probing question, but what is the best cpu cooler in terms of cooling that fits in the S4M? I've heard varying answers ranging from the Cooltek LP53, to the Noctua L9-I. I'll be using Noctua's NF-A9x14 as the fan.
I seriously believe S4Mini should be used max with 65W TDP. If you are trying with 95W, ensure you are able to undervolt, and check temps with a stress test & move ahead. Neither LP53 not L9i are designed for CPU higher than 65W.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I seriously believe S4Mini should be used max with 65W TDP. If you are trying with 95W, ensure you are able to undervolt, and check temps with a stress test & move ahead. Neither LP53 not L9i are designed for CPU higher than 65W.

R.I.P. here's me wanting to put a 6950x in one

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I'm a firm believer of physics. A 2 heatpipe construction with fins ~25mm no way can remove heat of 95W, leave 140w, the best way is Josh method of water cooling to handle this.

Well, you can get cpu block constructions with 6 6mm heatpipe slots, then pair it with

A) Four sets of copper fins
B) Two passive style attached directly to the case

It would be motherboard specific (x99 itx) and I'd cut & contour it to fill every nook and cranny possible for maximum surface area.

http://s.aliexpress.com/jAVVJf2q?

http://s.aliexpress.com/z2EzqQvA?

Obelisk

Trash Compacter
Nov 21, 2017
If you wanna use a 95w CPU, I mean the only real choice is an 8700k.
Yes, I will be using an 8700k, possibly an 8600k.
I think the best cooler is a "insert heatsink here" plus 120/140mm slim fan but you'd probably need to remove your heasinks and tall ram is out of the question
Will there be an area in the center of the cooler that is a bit hotter than the rest because of the larger 120/140mm hub of the fan, instead of the smaller 92mm?
Thank you all for these replies.

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Will there be an area in the center of the cooler that is a bit hotter than the rest because of the larger 120/140mm hub of the fan, instead of the smaller 92mm?

Yes, in theory a larger hub = larger dead spot, In practice I'm not sure what difference that makes to temperatures.

pulp_party

Cable Smoosher
Mar 19, 2018
Hi, at the same price do you recommend more the ArockZ370M-ITX or the Gigabyte GAZ370N WIFi?, Im going to use it in a s4 mini with a i5 8400.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Thank you all for these replies.

The hub isn't all that much larger on the 120mm fan and the amount of air it pushes should get everywhere

Epinephrine

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2017
Forgive me if this has been already answered. I'd like to forfeit GPU and put hdplex 300W AC-DC inside the case instead. I know this case does not have cutout for the classic pc power socket (I think its c14 type) so my question is: Is there some kind of cabling which I would connect to the cable coming from the AC-DC and which would fit in the desirable case cutout (I think it is c8)?

https://i.imgur.com/RthWXy4.jpg

pic related, the point at which the cable would be connected.

Flumper Dinkle

Trash Compacter
Feb 26, 2018
Forgive me if this has been already answered. I'd like to forfeit GPU and put hdplex 300W AC-DC inside the case instead. I know this case does not have cutout for the classic pc power socket (I think its c14 type) so my question is: Is there some kind of cabling which I would connect to the cable coming from the AC-DC and which would fit in the desirable case cutout (I think it is c8)?

https://i.imgur.com/RthWXy4.jpg

pic related, the point at which the cable would be connected.
300W sounds overkill for no GPU plus there may be some modification required to fit the 300W. The 160W AC-DC should be more than adequate for no GPU system and can even support a 1060.
Check out the NFC store as Josh sells a C8 connector that will fit both the connection to the internal brick and to the mounting holes at the back of the case.