SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hello my friends.

I am sorry for not keeping up with the forum, but I am 100% available to answer any and all questions super fast (except on weekends, where it is just fast) if you send me an email.

I would love to keep track here, but I just don't have the time anymore and want to keep doing the best job I can making cases and delivering customer support.

OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES :p

• The Skyreach 4 MINI (S4M) is being made by the expert craftsmen of Lian Li Taiwan.
  • The S4M is available in ALL black, and the two tone black/silver in more limited quantities.
  • Preorders opened up today (May 21st) and are expected to ship July 19th.
  • Preorders and shipping is handled by SFFLAB, a partner, but totally separate company from NFC-SYSTEMS. For ordering and shipping questions please contact the team there.
  • For technical questions please email me any time! I can't wait to help you!!!
  • I have no idea why this is called "R5" on SFFLAB, but changes from the last run include VESA compatible SkySlots(tm), increases airflow, mounting holes for aftermarket 2D covers, a widened DC aperture (for select C6 and C7 inlets), updated mounting for the HDPLEX 400AC, and some minor manufacturing changes. Nothing major!
  • The S4M comes with the Skybracket, Skybracket Duo, and the NFC SILIFLEX riser.
  • The S4M does not come with a power button. I only want to sell LUXURY products, and not everyone wants to pay $30 for a machined billet stainless power button. I have links to cheaper buttons and instructional DIY videos on that page.
  • For official handcrafted Skyreach accessories, please visit my store here. It greatly helps to order during this pre-order phase, as everything is made to order and I need time to make it. :)
  • The S4M ships direct from the factory to you. Skyreach accessories from my store ship from Biloxi MS to you. I can't combine them, but it's OK! It is actually cheaper this way even though you have to pay shipping twice. If I were to stock the MINIs here, you would be paying shipping four times for combined orders!
For brickless build ideas, videos, images, CAD, compatibility spread sheets, and more, you might want to visit my discord as people generate awesome content there. I am trying to keep up here and add resources, but time and IRL stuff is keeping me from it. Sorry guys and gals, I love you very much and am so grateful to be able to do another run.

I am always just an email away and love helping everyone and meeting new people. :)

Peace to you all, and thank you again!

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
So, I came home tonight to computer that wouldn't turn on. After some troubleshooting, found that the DC jack had fried. I was going out of town this weekend and was planning on taking my S4M with me, but now it looks like that's not happening.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
So, I came home tonight to computer that wouldn't turn on. After some troubleshooting, found that the DC jack had fried. I was going out of town this weekend and was planning on taking my S4M with me, but now it looks like that's not happening.
There's still time.

I know HDPLEX would be happy to send you one, and I have an extra I can send you too.

Where are you located?

supremeMilo

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2019
Is there a list (besides R9 nano and inno3d) of any gpus requiring 8 Pin power that are compatible with the HDPLEX AC-DC 400W inside the case with little or no modification?

Last edited:
Reactions: LegendsofMace

AEROMechanic

Efficiency Noob
May 11, 2019
Is there a list (besides R9 nano and inno3d) of any gpus requiring 8 Pin power that are compatible with the HDPLEX AC-DC 400W inside the case with little or no modification?
Excellent question because I was going to do a brickless build but with such a limited graphics card selection I think I'm just gonna go with the EUROCOM which opens up a crapload of options and be done with it. I figure I'm already going to be carrying the S4 mini, a keyboard, mouse and monitor...honestly a brick isn't going to make this any less portable and lets face it, regardless of configuration this will never approach a laptop in the portability department.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com

Sure!

• Inno3D 2060
  • Inno3D 2070

...It's a short list.

But joking aside, we are all experimenting and trying things out. Hop in the discord, bring the knowledge you have here to there, and bring the knowlege from there here. For instance, I learned today that Jpre put a Zotac 2070 in his just by removing the shroud and utilizing the SkyBracket Duo. I haven't personally confirmed it and I would want to before recommending it, but it's the wild west right now. :)

We have one user trying to put together a list of compatible cards--though the brickless compatibility hasn't been added yet. But it's a community effort:

I'm excited to see what you all come up with. :)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Pre-ordered, too. Can’t wait. I am so excited! After years with (gaming) laptops, the S4 mini will be my first pc build ever and I am very thankful for that piece of art! Josh you really are amazing!
Honored to be a part in a small way with your first PC build. I'm not sure why but a huge majority of my customers are actually first time builders and I think that is just amazing.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Quick question for those in Canada. Still reading to find the answer this if it's been answered already. What shipping option did you order (TWPS AIR2: 3-5 weeks in transit., TWPS AIR185: 1-3 weeks in transit., Global EMS Shipping: 5-12 business days in transit.) and what time did it take to arrive? I'm about to put in my order but would like to have my planned system built and running in the case by August 15.

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Went for express shipping to the UK, customs was what took the longest time for me (6 days). 2 days to get to the UK from Taiwan, 2 days from customs to me. Expect that customs and UK side aside, you'll see broadly similar times from taiwan to canada.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Went for express shipping to the UK, customs was what took the longest time for me (6 days). 2 days to get to the UK from Taiwan, 2 days from customs to me. Expect that customs and UK side aside, you'll see broadly similar times from taiwan to canada.
Thank you for that. Which Express shipping option did you use if you don't mind me asking?