SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I'm back with another misadventure - I've had a bit of a mishap with my hdplex DC-ATX 400 watt. The unit itself is fine, but the connector from the Dell 330 brick into the HDplex got overly hot (right where the Dell plugs in) and the computer shut off. I think the plastic was starting to melt by the smell. I'm assuming this is because my overlock was too high (ryzen 1600 and gtx 2070). Lesson learned - although I am bit surprised this was the part that failed first, rather than the Dell brick shutting off. Now my issue is I would like to get a replacement for the power connector which connects the Dell to the HDplex unit. The problem is I hate bothering Larry and I am a bit embarrassed. Does anyone know where you can buy one of these connectors? It looks like an HDplex branded part, but I was hoping not to have to ask Larry for another favor to cover my ass. Here's the part I'm looking for:

imgur.com/a/1MBcV4r

I'd still contact Larry and let him know what happened. He has a new DC input jack, so maybe you can buy one of those to try. If that fries you may need to upgrade your jack to something that can handle more amperage. Larry could probably tell you what the limitations of the jack are also.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone know if there are bifurcation riser that fit the S4M, for example to put a single slot GPU and a PCIe SSD or 10gb lan card.
THanks a lot in advance!

Mosskovskaia

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
Hey Peps,
I’m looking for a graphic Cards mod and can’t find information about my idea.
I’m into a S4 Mini brickless build with a Inno3D RTX 2070 but I want to replace the fans with some Noctuas.
I can’t find anything about this in the Net so does anyone know if someone has done that or can give me and advice what I should consider?
I’m thankfully for any help.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone know if there are bifurcation riser that fit the S4M, for example to put a single slot GPU and a PCIe SSD or 10gb lan card.
THanks a lot in advance!

I needed one as well but no luck in finding a suitable riser, so I bought the era-adapter but ran into fitting issues with the optional pcie card I wanna use, so had to order a custom 3d printed pcie slot bracket. I hope to install and test it as soon as possible.

Cheers!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey Peps,
I’m looking for a graphic Cards mod and can’t find information about my idea.
I’m into a S4 Mini brickless build with a Inno3D RTX 2070 but I want to replace the fans with some Noctuas.
I can’t find anything about this in the Net so does anyone know if someone has done that or can give me and advice what I should consider?
I’m thankfully for any help.

I wish you luck doing the fan mod and will keep an eye on this thread to see if you are able to do it. I also have a Inno3d RTX 2070 and the card is great performance wise, can not believe how loud it is at load. I ended up ordering a water block for it and will be putting it in a new water cooled build.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I needed one as well but no luck in finding a suitable riser, so I bought the era-adapter but ran into fitting issues with the optional pcie card I wanna use, so had to order a custom 3d printed pcie slot bracket. I hope to install and test it as soon as possible.

Cheers!
Thanks! But I remember to have seen an Orange build with 2 10gb cards worha. Bifurcation riser.
Maybe @Josh | NFC can help us! Thank you in advance!

H3lix

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 26, 2018
I'm looking at moving my build from the Lz7 to the S4, but I have a couple of weird things that I want

1). Part of the case needs to be blue.
2).I'd like to have front panel USB 3 A/C

Does anyone have any tips for painting the side panels of the mini, or suggestions for good usb headers?

Alfaifi

Minimal Tinkerer
May 15, 2019
@Josh | NFC Could you please shed some light on the expected date for R5 availability?
I am considering the MINI for my next build, but the constant daily checks on SFFLab website to see if it has become available is a killer :(

I see some updates on SFFLab for the S4 Mini where revision 5 has made an appearance, also the black color is back (I think it wasn't there the last time I checked).

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
@Josh | NFC Could you please shed some light on the expected date for R5 availability?
I am considering the MINI for my next build, but the constant daily checks on SFFLab website to see if it has become available is a killer :(

I see some updates on SFFLab for the S4 Mini where revision 5 has made an appearance, also the black color is back (I think it wasn't there the last time I checked).

@Josh | NFC Im also thinking of giving the S4M a try. An idea on availability would be great.

mini-itx

Efficiency Noob
Jan 19, 2018
Hi guys, I have one set of pre-owned s4 mini case and a hdplex 400w psu to let go. If you guys are from Singapore. Drop me a pm if you’re interested. Cheers.