SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I haven't bought the case yet, but I think I will pass as I love the original look of the case. I don't really have the skills to sand down the paint job and return it to its former glory.

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Man, I really wish the Eurocom 780 bricks weren't freakin $500. I would really love to get a 1080 Ti mini, but know that my current Dell brick won't be enough to support it and the CPU.

Hey @Josh | NFC, why don't you just sell me your Eurocom unit for super cheap, because you're such an awesome guy!! lol

DanT

Average Stuffer
Feb 6, 2018
Man, I really wish the Eurocom 780 bricks weren't freakin $500. I would really love to get a 1080 Ti mini, but know that my current Dell brick won't be enough to support it and the CPU.

Hey @Josh | NFC, why don't you just sell me your Eurocom unit for super cheap, because you're such an awesome guy!! lol
Have you ever heard of G-Unique PSU? It can have up to 500W to power a 95W and xx80 ti card with moderate overclocking. Cost less, powerful and fulfill your combo dream. The cost is about 200ish to 250.

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Have you ever heard of G-Unique PSU?

I have. I saw the option linked in the first post of this thread that Josh made. I checked out the creator's page for it, but it seems rather confusing to me. I don't understand how it connects to the modded Dell bricks, and there's also the fact that his modded brick seems to get incredibly hot which I don't want, and the wait list is quite long as well.

I see that Gury has a Discord channel, so maybe I'll see if I can chat him up later tonight.

Last edited:

DanT

Average Stuffer
Feb 6, 2018
I have. I saw the option linked in the first post of this thread that Josh made. I checked out the creator's page for it, but it seems rather confusing to me. I don't understand how it connects to the modded Dell bricks, and there's also the fact that his modded brick seems to get incredibly hot which I don't want, and the wait list is quite long as well.

I see that Gury has a Discord channel, so maybe I'll see if I can chat him up later tonight.
The installation is straightforward, it which it has every connection soldering into the unit. As you mention the temperature, it does get hot, however, it is doesn't get like incredibly like you said, by that, i can hold or touch the brick which didn't get me burning. You also have an option to install the fan on the brick which significant cooling it.

Reactions: loader963

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
The installation is straightforward, it which it has every connection soldering into the unit. As you mention the temperature, it does get hot, however, it is doesn't get like incredibly like you said, by that, i can hold or touch the brick which didn't get me burning. You also have an option to install the fan on the brick which significant cooling it.

Thanks man, appreciate the info. I would definitely have him throw on a couple fans for me, if I ordered everything from him. I reached out to him through Discord, so we'll see what he says, and if he can give me a price quote.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com

I have a brand new one I’ll sell you. Make me an offer. :)

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
So, a quick update on my power situation.... as long as I don't overclock anything, the brick seems to do fine. As soon as I start overclocking things though and changing voltages, it freaks out and causes a system restart: It's simply not sufficient enough of a power source for my build. Time to weigh my options, and step up.

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
So, a quick update on my power situation.... as long as I don't overclock anything, the brick seems to do fine. As soon as I start overclocking things though and changing voltages, it freaks out and causes a system restart: It's simply not sufficient enough of a power source for my build. Time to weigh my options, and step up.
Which CPU/mb are you using? I think we’re both using the Zotac mini 1080. I run the 8700K, no MCE, but I can’t even fire up any games (gpu intensive activity)

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Which CPU/mb are you using?
I'm running an i5-8400 on the z370i Strix, and a reference 970. And yes, the 970 sticks out the front of the case lol. I can't use the front panel yet, because of it.

Have you thought about undervolting to gain some performance?
I was planning on doing that, this past weekend, but ended up having to do more testing to see exactly what was causing the issue, before I went back and modified anything. I will likely start under volting things soon, since I now know roughly where my cut off point is.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I'm running an i5-8400 on the z370i Strix, and a reference 970. And yes, the 970 sticks out the front of the case lol. I can't use the front panel yet, because of it.

I was planning on doing that, this past weekend, but ended up having to do more testing to see exactly what was causing the issue, before I went back and modified anything. I will likely start under volting things soon, since I now know roughly where my cut off point is.

Are you getting the Eurocom to power your system?

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Today I threw an 8086 in my s4 under an l9i fully expecting the worse. Thing actually runs cooler than my brother non k 8700 in his skyreach. Mostly just wanted it for nostalgia purposes as I collect vintage hardware like the og 8086 but I’m pretty impressed with its binning and it scored like 19k physics box stock.

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
@Josh | NFC Do you maybe have a WRAP template file for the Skyreach mini (like the on in resources section for the classic)? I'm thinking of doing a wrap and a template file would help with the dimensions.

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Yeah, I found the model of Skyreach, but I don't really know how to use Sketchup. Will have to figure out how I can measure the lenght of the top/bottom parts (with the bend).

Pretty sure the template is also in the resources section.

I only saw the sketchup file, I assume you mean that one.