SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
My mini has arrived in the UK but has been retained by customs due to an 'incorrect invoice'

Has anyone else got this issue?

Just checked tracking again, mine was held up for the same reason as yours. Took 6 days to clear, so it should do so eventually.

Vcaps26

Caliper Novice
Jan 24, 2018
I can't speak for other countries, but I ordered three MINIs with each shipping option to my door just as you guys would because I wanted to test things. I got the first one on the 9th (7 days from ordering), the second on the 13th, and the last on the 24th.

I had to sign for them.

I did not have to pay any duties. (Go team USA!)

All boxes arrived in superb shape.

Now customs can be tricky...it doesn't matter which shipping option you paid for, sometimes things can get stuck there for a while depending on the load. There is nothing anyone can do about that. In my case they were processed quickly, but I didn't get good tracking updates, which unfortunately we can't do anything about. We COULD switch to using DHL, but the cheapest option would be like $60 and the most expensive would be $350. No thanks. XD

Hey Josh,

Will there be any build videos for assembly in the new S4 Mini? I for one have never built in one, and although it seems easy enough, things like the GPU mounting/ etc could be tricky (unless I'm completely off base).

Thanks!

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
My second case arrived today! I did not pay for express shipping on it and it’s only a day later. I think customs is the real x-factor on how long it will take for them to areive

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hey Josh,

Will there be any build videos for assembly in the new S4 Mini? I for one have never built in one, and although it seems easy enough, things like the GPU mounting/ etc could be tricky (unless I'm completely off base).

Thanks!

I think the best thing to do in the meantime would be to watch the S4M-C install video. The S4M is way easier but the process is the same. Just follow the instructions on the riser and you will be fine.

Vcaps26

Caliper Novice
Jan 24, 2018
My second case arrived today! I did not pay for express shipping on it and it’s only a day later. I think customs is the real x-factor on how long it will take for them to areive

That's awesome! Hoping it's in either today or tomorrow, would love to start my build this weekend. Where are you located - in the states i'm assuming?

damekko

Trash Compacter
Jan 16, 2018
I've placed my s4 mini order on January 15, on the site it's a message stating: "Orders made after Jan-10 will ship within 4-7 business days after the order"

So if logic doesn't fail me i'm supposed to be getting my tracking number possibly today or tomorrow! Wohoo! can't wait i even paid express shipping for it!

tjeska

Cable Smoosher
Jan 12, 2018
Hey Josh when are you going to launch the S4M with internal watercooling video?

Been waiting for it since you mentioned it.

My S4M was fast in Belgium, but now its already longer stuck with customs, "invoice is missing" then it was to ship to here...

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
For people who are wondering how to put the case together I can offer the steps I used:

1. Take off the top side panel
2. If inserting a larger graphics card like a Zotac GTX 1070 Mini or 1080 Mini also take off the bottom side panel and front panel (where the power button goes)
3. For people who are using an HDPlex 160 AC/DC I would assume you would now won’t to mount unit to the frame in front of the motherboard. I did not use one in my build so I can’t give feedback on this. I’m not sure if you can attach this without removing the bottom and front panels.
4. Fit motherboard into place and screw in. I put mine in after fitting it out with a CapU cooler, RAM, M.2 drive and riser cable.
5. Slot in GPU. If required, use the extra space provided by the hole in the front frame to fit larger cards. Screw in the card and attach the riser cable by following the instructions on the unit.
6. If you took of the front bezel, screw it back on.
7. Insert power button and screw bolt on to hold it into place. Plug switch into motherboard,
8. Plug in any power cables and insert the HDPlex 160W, HDPlex 400W or any other power supply you are using. If using HDPlex 400W Skywire and PSU cables will hold it in place in front of the motherboard.
9. Screw in any of the included sky brackets for case fans or 2.5” drives. I have not used either of these yet so I cannot comment.
10. Put top and bottom side panels back on and enjoy!

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hey Josh when are you going to launch the S4M with internal watercooling video?

Been waiting for it since you mentioned it.

My S4M was fast in Belgium, but now its already longer stuck with customs, "invoice is missing" then it was to ship to here...

This is a major project and the video won't be ready for a while. Sorry. Plus, I am working long days and nights to get out accessory orders and can't work on video stuff till I get caught up! :D

For people who are wondering how to put the case together I can offer the steps I used:

1. Take off the top side panel
2. If inserting a larger graphics card like a Zotac GTX 1070 Mini or 1080 Mini also take off the bottom side panel and front panel (where the power button goes)
3. For people who are using an HDPlex 160 AC/DC I would assume you would now won’t to mount unit to the frame in front of the motherboard. I did not use one in my build so I can’t give feedback on this. I’m not sure if you can attach this without removing the bottom and front panels.
4. Fit motherboard into place and screw in. I put mine in after fitting it out with a CapU cooler, RAM, M.2 drive and riser cable.
5. Slot in GPU. If required, use the extra space provided by the hole in the front frame to fit larger cards. Screw in the card and attach the riser cable by following the instructions on the unit.
6. If you took of the front bezel, screw it back on.
7. Insert power button and screw bolt on to hold it into place. Plug switch into motherboard,
8. Plug in any power cables and insert the HDPlex 160W, HDPlex 400W or any other power supply you are using. If using HDPlex 400W Skywire and PSU cables will hold it in place in front of the motherboard.
9. Screw in any of the included sky brackets for case fans or 2.5” drives. I have not used either of these yet so I cannot comment.
10. Put top and bottom side panels back on and enjoy!

Thanks, Teags!

Hey @Josh | NFC for the USB cut-outs, were they made with something like this in mind? https://www.amazon.ca/StarTech-com-...qid=1516908704&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+3.0+header

Correct. For use with DC-DC plugin units like the Dynamo Mini, HDPLEX 160, or Pico 160XT. And for those people who don't care about two ugly ports in the front of your case. :)

Peace

Reactions: tjeska

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018
Hi,

Does anyone know the current delay before shipment time? I'm about to order one, but it absolutely must come on or before the 16th of February as I'm building this system for a friend who lives overseas and will be leaving on Feb 20th (and I need some time to build it.) The 2-week shipping option to the US would leave space for up to 8 days before shipment. Do you think this is possible?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Man looks like there's so much more space than the classic, I can't believe they're the same volume. Seems so much easier to build in.

Reactions: Obelisk

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hi,

Does anyone know the current delay before shipment time? I'm about to order one, but it absolutely must come on or before the 16th of February as I'm building this system for a friend who lives overseas and will be leaving on Feb 20th (and I need some time to build it.) The 2-week shipping option to the US would leave space for up to 8 days before shipment. Do you think this is possible?

They ship once or twice weekly, but if there is danger of you not being able to get ahold of one in time, you shouldn't order one.

Peace.
Can anyone measure the space between the mobo and the front of the case in the new S4M?

Thx
It's about 45mm.

Reactions: Eigua

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
What is the clearance of the Skyreach 4 above the GPU PCB? Would it be at all possible to fit a 40mm radiator+Noctua fans up there?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
What is the clearance of the Skyreach 4 above the GPU PCB? Would it be at all possible to fit a 40mm radiator+Noctua fans up there?

There is only 59mm of space in the entire case between panel to panel. From the backside of the GPU to the top panel, depending on your GPU, there is only about 12-14mm of space excluding the Skybracket, and again, that depends on the GPU.

Reactions: ECHO