SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

cornut

Caliper Novice
Jan 28, 2019
how much for your additional bezel ?
honestly no idea, I'm not sure which one I'll even use (black or frost). I'll get it figured out when my pre-ordered hdplex ac-dc & 2070 show up. I'm hoping everything goes as planned with a brickless build

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
Just wanted to hop on this and say hello to everyone. Picked up a Skyreach 4 Mini off r/hardwareswap, got it with a HDPlex 400w and a Dell 330w brick.

I just tonight took a gamble on ordering a cheap R9 Nano on eBay, hoping for the best! Was going to get a 1050ti but found the Nano and had to go for it, I love that little beast .

With the small size of the Nano would the HDPlex ac-dc be a viable option? Trying to go brickless!

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
Just wanted to hop on this and say hello to everyone. Picked up a Skyreach 4 Mini off r/hardwareswap, got it with a HDPlex 400w and a Dell 330w brick.

I just tonight took a gamble on ordering a cheap R9 Nano on eBay, hoping for the best! Was going to get a 1050ti but found the Nano and had to go for it, I love that little beast .

With the small size of the Nano would the HDPlex ac-dc be a viable option? Trying to go brickless!

it will fit either on the side, or in the front with modification.

its your choice.

cornut

Caliper Novice
Jan 28, 2019

from what I've gathered, the AC-DC on the side, the hdplex 400 you already have up front. Depending on GPU, you may need something like this: https://kareonkables.com/products/8-ultra-low-90-degree-8-pin-pci-e-adapter-cable

Some GPU's won't fit, those that do will likely need a creative way to connect the 6/8pin

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
from what I've gathered, the AC-DC on the side, the hdplex 400 you already have up front. Depending on GPU, you may need something like this: https://kareonkables.com/products/8-ultra-low-90-degree-8-pin-pci-e-adapter-cable

I've picked up a super cheap R9 Nano, so the 8 pin is at the rear of the card. And I think I should put the ac-dc on the side of the card, rather than towards the front of the case, because of the way the heatsink/fins of the Nano are oriented.

hallu

Cable Smoosher
Mar 1, 2019
Has anyone heard anything concrete about a release date? I have messaged both Josh at NFC and the SFFLAB site, with no response from either.

SFFLAB says "March 2019", but since its March 2019 anything (even a "oh hey, its delayed until April") would be nice.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
josh has stated multiple times that the information on the sfflab website is incorrect and misleading. he also stated he isn't sure if he's even going to do another run. although @optimumtech mentioned the march release date in his video and josh commented on the video without refuting that so i guess we can hope for a miracle??

hallu

Cable Smoosher
Mar 1, 2019
josh has stated multiple times that the information on the sfflab website is incorrect and misleading. he also stated he isn't sure if he's even going to do another run. although @optimumtech mentioned the march release date in his video and josh commented on the video without refuting that so i guess we can hope for a miracle??

Any links or more information? I tried to look if further runs had been discussed and I could not see any talk, which is why I thought the March release date was reliable. I just lost a bid on a Skyreach case and thought "they'll make more in March, no big deal." Now I am really worried :( I had an opportunity to buy a case from SFFLAB awhile back and didn't realize how short-run they are... now that I am ready to build my mini-ITX build I am realizing how badly I blew my past chances

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Any links or more information? I tried to look if further runs had been discussed and I could not see any talk, which is why I thought the March release date was reliable. I just lost a bid on a Skyreach case and thought "they'll make more in March, no big deal." Now I am really worried :( I had an opportunity to buy a case from SFFLAB awhile back and didn't realize how short-run they are... now that I am ready to build my mini-ITX build I am realizing how badly I blew my past chances
he talked about in the s4m black panels thread and he's talked about it in multiple videos.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/s4m-black-side-panels.9872/#post-128277

hallu

Cable Smoosher
Mar 1, 2019
he talked about in the s4m black panels thread and he's talked about it in multiple videos.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/s4m-black-side-panels.9872/#post-128277

I have seen some of his videos, but not all of them, which is why I probably missed the news. Thanks for the link. I understand his reasons entirely. A lot of the SFF market is driven towards gaming, and I am needing a reliable Ryzen build for portable A/V work, so things like maximizing cooling/brickless power supply is less important than overall portability (while still having a dedicated GPU.) There is someone charging $600 for S4 cases on ebay right now, and also poorly vented MC600s ... and thats about it for my options. I'll keep my eyes out for alternates, and thanks for being easy on a newcomer not knowing all the info

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
Whatever Josh is working on next, I'm sure it will be good. Whether that's an APU case or the design he submitted to Lazer3D (is that right? He mentioned it on a stream but I don't recall exactly who), I'm looking forward to seeing what he's come up with for a new design.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
There is someone charging $600 for S4 cases on ebay right now

its under $400+ S/H on ebay currently.

and you've left out important info :

a) custom powdercoat at a reduced discount. you get to choose color.

b) fits internal HDPLEX 400W AC-DC, in the front.

c) fits 53mm tall CPU cooler.

Last edited:

hallu

Cable Smoosher
Mar 1, 2019
its under $400+ S/H on ebay currently.

and you've left out important info :

a) custom powdercoat at a reduced discount. you get to choose color.

b) fits internal HDPLEX 400W AC-DC, in the front.

c) fits 53mm tall CPU cooler.

Doesn't have an HDPlex, just modified to better accomodate one. The main thing is the guy seems to be scamming the price with very high shipping. He was dropping and raising the price, but then inflating the shipping so the end price was the same. It had $130 shipping for domestic US yesterday ... going to assume he pockets a large amount of that and doesn't spend it on actual s/h, which makes the $400+ higher than it is. Unless I am some philistine who has never experienced the joy of expensive shipping

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
the price with very high shipping.

i believe it's the price for " overnight " shipping, which is very expensive.

why don't you ask for an adjustment, to regular shipping, & a re-calculation based on this ??

Josh said in his last youtube video, that SFFLab is not coming out with new SkyReach cases, because he ended his deal with them.

and it does include a HDPLEX 400W AC-DC, so it might be worth your time, to ask that shipping question.

Last edited:
Reactions: hallu

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
Any R9 Nano users on here tried using two 92mm fans with a SkyBracket Duo in place of the shroud/fan on the Nano?
Temps are alright but it's a bit loud for me. Don't want to pull the trigger on some Noctuas until I can get an idea of temps though.