SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Discussion in 'NFC' started by Josh | NFC, Nov 20, 2017.

1. cornut

cornut Chassis Packer

honestly no idea, I'm not sure which one I'll even use (black or frost). I'll get it figured out when my pre-ordered hdplex ac-dc & 2070 show up. I'm hoping everything goes as planned with a brickless build

2. reifnotreef

reifnotreef Efficiency Noob

Just wanted to hop on this and say hello to everyone. Picked up a Skyreach 4 Mini off r/hardwareswap, got it with a HDPlex 400w and a Dell 330w brick.

I just tonight took a gamble on ordering a cheap R9 Nano on eBay, hoping for the best! Was going to get a 1050ti but found the Nano and had to go for it, I love that little beast .

With the small size of the Nano would the HDPlex ac-dc be a viable option? Trying to go brickless!

3. CARC Mini

CARC Mini Average Stuffer

it will fit either on the side, or in the front with modification.

its your choice.

4. cornut

cornut Chassis Packer

from what I've gathered, the AC-DC on the side, the hdplex 400 you already have up front. Depending on GPU, you may need something like this: https://kareonkables.com/products/8-ultra-low-90-degree-8-pin-pci-e-adapter-cable

Some GPU's won't fit, those that do will likely need a creative way to connect the 6/8pin

5. Moonshiner01

Moonshiner01 Case Bender

Which 2070 did you get?

6. reifnotreef

reifnotreef Efficiency Noob

I've picked up a super cheap R9 Nano, so the 8 pin is at the rear of the card. And I think I should put the ac-dc on the side of the card, rather than towards the front of the case, because of the way the heatsink/fins of the Nano are oriented.

7. cornut

cornut Chassis Packer

Inno3D Twin x2, I could only find it internationally ($540) and it's doubtful I'll get the free game nvidia is offering with new GPUs