Prototyping Sidearmd T1, CNC + AIO + 9.35L

Wahaha360

Overhaul
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
Feb 23, 2015
Is the two tone going to be black and silver or space gray and silver? I thought it was going to be the latter, but the website says “black and silver”
Black and Silver two tone first.

Space gray that I want cost too much, so maybe a limited run later (it will cost extra $50 to $100 to get that color with fingerprint resistance)

Last edited:

forstsiven

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2016
Black and Silver two tone first.

Space gray that I want cost too much, so maybe a limited run later (it will cost extra $50 to $100 to get that color with fingerprint resistance)
Just to confirm, t1 won't fit mdtx, right? Not sure if there's clearance w/ 120mm rad.

DrHudacris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2019
Just to confirm, t1 won't fit mdtx, right? Not sure if there's clearance w/ 120mm rad.

Which DTX Motherboard did you have in mind? Impact has a 80+mm SODIMM riser card, forget about it. Then there's the issue of standoffs; the MB tray would need a completely different set of stand offs lower down, as the extra height of the DTX form factor is directed up (using the picture @Wahaha360 posted). To use the same standoffs as an ITX Motherboard would leave the extra height of a DTX board sticking out of the top of the case. Not to mention the PCIe riser card would likely need to be a bit longer. Many have dreamed about DTX in a sandwich layout, it is just not practical to adapt an ITX sandwich layout to accommodate a DTX.

Vaux

Trash Compacter
Mar 12, 2018
Checking re-anodizing next weekend. Then I will know if we can sell.

I turned off products on SFFLAB.
So... any news? 😁

I know you're busy but that would be nice if you can give a little more information on when the case will launch so people can know if they can buy components now (when they're good deals on them) or if they should wait