Show your new toys Topic

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Did someone mention fiery bird noodles?
Yes,I know that's for Nissin not Samyang.
Awesome ad, obviously Japanese. I'd love to try these, going to search where I can get these in my neck of the woods.

ahh dangit I vaguely remember a Korean friend mentioning that the first characters for two instant noodles are "unbearable" and "painful"

this one's "unbearable" (yes that's also 辛 in chinese)

I forgot what was "painful" I'll have to google this for a while now ,_,

EDIT: i realised I wasn't answering the question ,_, sorry
Hmm I regularly have those, while still very spicy for me, I'd not use the words "unbearable". Although the 2x Hot & Spicy from SamYang is quite painful.

Reactions: VegetableStu

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I had these this week:

Notice the word "Fire" in the red section. 8/10 would eat again.
Anyone able to read Korean, I'd love to know what's on the test bubbles.

There are so many (Korean, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Malaysian...etc...literally close to a hundred types) instant/cup noodles selling here that I admit I had never taken notice of this Korean cup noodle before. But, because of your post, I specifically bought two of this Korean brand. One is what you showed above and the other is a 'curry flavour hot chicken' taste. Hopefully they are good. Will let you know my comment.:)

Reactions: Phuncz

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
There are so many (Korean, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Malaysian...etc...literally close to a hundred types) instant/cup noodles selling here that I admit I had never taken notice of this Korean cup noodle before. But, because of your post, I specifically bought two of this Korean brand. One is what you showed above and the other is a 'curry flavour hot chicken' taste. Hopefully they are good. Will let you know my comment.:)

We need to discuss what our favorite instant noodles are more often... I personally love this Chinese pickled vegetable one that I can't seem to find in China...

Yesterday, I got a cool ruler for my drafting purposes... It's a 30cm (finally civilized units on products :p) ruler that folds in half at the middle with an angle measurement device in the middle that allows for the drawing of (roughly) precise angles in increments of 30 degrees. You change the angle in the middle (where you draw) by bending the ruler using the folding process. I don't have images, so hopefully this makes sense...

Last edited:

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
I got a new apartment that's a 10 minute walk to work. So I got a bike to do it in 2 and sleep an extra 8 minutes. Coming from an hour long commute, this is heaven. It's my first bike since I was a teenager so I'm already making plans for many weekends ahead :)

Maybe tomorrow I'll post some pics of my first Saturday ride!

It's a standard Btwin Riverside 500 (one of Decathlon's beginner's bikes), nothing flashy but I think it fits the purpose!

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016

Why tho?

Microcenter being so close and me having a hardware addiction makes for some challenges to be sure. Hey I quit smoking years ago so this is by far a better vice!

Open box for 229. Combo a cpu I don’t need (R5 1600 if anyone wants it ) for 30 off and that’s $200 for a $300 list priced board.

Pulled my x58 stuff out of the CerbX and put the X470 Hero in with a strix 1080, 1080 is going to a guy at work whenever he actually pays for it. It does look good all ROG matchy matchy though.

Reactions: el01 and Phuncz

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I had these this week:

Notice the word "Fire" in the red section. 8/10 would eat again.
Anyone able to read Korean, I'd love to know what's on the test bubbles.

Had this for lunch today. Well, it is not my cup of tea...or, I should say, not my cup of noodle.
Besides hot, there is not much taste (and of course, the little quantity of sea weed and sesame is overwhelmed by the hot taste).
And speaking of hot taste, I am not too fond of it. So, my general rule of thumb of having Korean instant noodles is to use half a pack of the provided sauce or powder. But this time, using half a pack, it is still a little too much.
Of course, this is quite subjective.
Anyway, I still have another cup of the same brand but different flavour. It is this:-
https://www.ramennoodlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/P1030691-1024x977.jpg

Will this make a difference? I will report back.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I'm not sure? my birthday is on 13th I just bought it earlier haha

also happy birthday el01

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I'm not sure? my birthday is on 13th I just bought it earlier haha

also happy birthday el01
Thanks!

You should use that headphones-on-case shot as a marketing piece... your very chill and elegant case listening to some music :D