Show your new toys Topic

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
^ Couldn’t agree more! Amd workstation cards are gorgeous right now. The Frontier Vega as well. It took a long time looking for the Limited edition Vega 64 air I have now. Happily paid 40 bucks too much for that silver aluminum shroud.

Reactions: el01

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
My Audio-GD R2R-11 DAC/Preamp/Headamp is finaly here !

It has optical and coax inputs, as well as USB through an Amanero XMOS board. The DAC section uses a 24 bits resistor ladder, corrected by a 450MHz Xilinx CPLD. The amplification stage and its power supply circuitry uses full discrete components.

This is a temporary setup, as my SFF geek lair (read 2m² closet) isn't ready yet. It needs a 350/400h of burn-in though XD.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
^ Couldn’t agree more! Amd workstation cards are gorgeous right now. The Frontier Vega as well. It took a long time looking for the Limited edition Vega 64 air I have now. Happily paid 40 bucks too much for that silver aluminum shroud.
I LOVE VEGA COOLERS! *drools*
We need someone to strap a Pro Duo cooler to a RX 580 for kicks...
Arguably, AMD coolers were beautiful since the Fury X/Fury Nano... I liked the design on those.

The XFX RX Vega design is hideous, though, IMO.

Reactions: TheHig

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Gimmie that shiney carbon-fibery thingie!

Also, IMO, that backplate is sick. The front? Not so much. XD
Ew. It looks like some engineer decided "We need to reduce the price, so we need to chop stuff off of the sides to save material costs.

Even ancient GPU coolers look better than this thing. At least it has a semi-SFF PCB and a backplate though.

Reactions: Windfall

riposte

Trash Compacter
Dec 9, 2017
iBasso IT01.

VE Odyssey - tiny DAC. Still processed by the seller on aliexpress. I bought it because my phone SQ is too awful compared to my daily DAC, FiiO E10K

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
preordered these a super long time ago, promptly forgot about them, ordered a set of Max Key Portland key caps that I super like then these eventually showed up. I'll hang onto them for if / when I have another keyboard or get bored of my current key caps. Their Tai-Hao Midnight Sun key caps, for the price their super nice.

More importantly for what I'm doing right now is this package that arrived today. I already own one of these that I'm using as a 5GHz wifi AP. RouterOS has a central AP management system they call CAPsMAN so this one will be provisioned in the 2.4GHz band. In the end it worked out cheaper to just pick up a 2nd AP than to replace everything thats 2.4GHz only w/ something thats 5GHz compatible & it provides for hardware thats just visiting. I could have probably just picked up a replacement AP that has dual radios but thats far less fun and far less interesting than learning to use CAPsMAN.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Another monitor, because I needed one and this also needed to have touchscreen because it's going to be used without mouse and keyboard:

Lenovo Thinkcentre Tiny-in-One 22 Gen 3. It's a 22" Full HD IPS screen with multi-touch, crappy speakers, mediocre webcam and a very thin frame (about 5mm of panel black bars inside edge frame). It was the cheapest touchscreen 22" that wasn't crappy TN. Also, it's a dock for tiny PCs:

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Got a new beer glass. This is a horn shaped glass made especially to drink a beer called "La corne du bois des pendus" (The horn from the wood of hanged men)

(Here filled their dark beer)
Oooh, what's that Dell?

(the things I obsess over)