Show your new toys Topic

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
What is that monitor?
Yep kompact got it right. It’s not a bad deal. I was worried when it said 20 ms response time but it’s not blurry or “smearing” to me. Also the input lag feels minimal to me, although admittedly I’m not MLG status. Only 1080p@60, but at this size that is fine, would’ve liked a higher refresh rate. The price stung for me a bit at 250 as this is only a backup for when I can’t use a hotel tv to hook my rig to. But compared to similar models I guess it is in line.

riposte

Trash Compacter
Dec 9, 2017

ATH-SR5, MSR7's little brother, not for bass lovers.
A lot of similarities in sound, I want to buy MSR7 again (especially SE ver.) but can't spend a lot.
The only downside is because of the on-ear form factor, it will hurt my ears after ~2 hours.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
They're nice little servers. You can enable full SATA 3 speeds on the eSATA port with a BIOS update. With that routed back inside (e.g. through the PCIe slot, or one of the unused rear punchouts), you can fit 6 3.5" drives internally: 4 in the hotswap bays, one in the ODD bay, and one in the bay below the ODD.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@EdZ I'm throwing in a HP P400 SAS card into the system and a Silverstone 4x 2.5" drive bay into the optical drive area ;)

The box was sold to me "for parts or not working" for a steal (I couldn't buy the included 500GB drive for the price I paid for the whole thing). I moved two jumpers that were in the wrong spots and it booted up perfectly. This weekend's project is to slot in a couple of new drives and get it on the network with FreeNAS or similar.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
@EdZ I'm throwing in a HP P400 SAS card into the system and a Silverstone 4x 2.5" drive bay into the optical drive area ;)

The box was sold to me "for parts or not working" for a steal (I couldn't buy the included 500GB drive for the price I paid for the whole thing). I moved two jumpers that were in the wrong spots and it booted up perfectly. This weekend's project is to slot in a couple of new drives and get it on the network with FreeNAS or similar.
I have this exact one running at work on NAS4Free, works like a charm !

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Huh, could you link me a mod log? Ive got one sitting on my desk and this sounds somewhat interestimg

I mean, it's just something I did spontaneously because I had to. I picked a corner and used a Dremel to sand away the metal.