VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

i caved. the upgrade next year is going to be insensible ,_,

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Picked up some insane hardware from my university (for free!):
A Polywell server with 32GB of DDR2 and 4 Opterons. That should give an idea of the rest of the system.
A Dell OptiPlex GX620 with a Pentium 4 HT
An AM2 motherboard (ASUS M3A7B-T) with a Phenom (I don't know which) and 4 GB of Corsair RAM.
Crappy Antec 550W Semi-modular power supply (non-80+)

Pics will come if anyone wants them...

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

confession time: I test fitted the 280mm rad for the side hinge of the cerberus. it technically fits with a few mods to that panel, but alas it's obstructing the port holes on the rear power extension plate ,_,

so between spending more on mods for the ultimate tight space effeciency and eating up a bit of the cost to secondhand it off... ,_,

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

Samyang F2.0 12mm NCS CS lens, which is a manual focus, non-communicating lens meaning even lens profiles aren't automatically applied in RAW processing. But it was available for a good price and offers a good picture quality. One of the first shots with this:

Doge, with grass suffering at our >1 month dry spell.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
As a guy who wants to start casual photography hobby, I still can't separate Samyang lens and Samyang noodles are made from not related company.
TIL, the old name of Kumho tire is Samyang too.
I had these this week:

Notice the word "Fire" in the red section. 8/10 would eat again.
Anyone able to read Korean, I'd love to know what's on the test bubbles.

darksidecookie

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 1, 2016

So amazon could not send the lg 38uc99 to belgium, so I started looking into other options and stumbled upon this thing ( the hp z38c) wich is basicly the same panel but more expencive but i got it for cheaper because it's second hand (it was used for like a month) :D.

-note how many more pixels this screen has then my last one, by the arrangement of icons on the homescreen.

Also a little update on the keyboard and mouse: I send both of them back because of various problems.

the mouse (mx master s2):
*the ergonomics wheren't all that great especially the undo redo buttons on the side.
*the scrollwheel swithed mode randomly and I had to go back into the setting to change it back every time.
*And the thing that really broke the experience was that is would at ramdom intervals LAG, like it's a mouse how on earth does that happen?

the keyboard (logitech k780):
*there where no caps lock/ shift lock lights but there was a giant notification in the middle of your screen every time they where activated.
*the keyboard also would go into sleepmode very ofthen but to wake it again you needed to push any button, but this buttin whould not be registered as an input. So the first letter of many sentences would never appear.
*and the keyboard would randomply disconnect and needed to be restarted to reastablisch te link.

these probelms occured over bluetooth as well as with the unifying receiver.

Soooo... i'm currently eying the leopold fc660m iso or the wooting one.
But i'ms still looking for a great mouse, if anyone has a suggestion it's more than welcome!

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
-snip: see edit-
ahh dangit I vaguely remember a Korean friend mentioning that the first characters for two instant noodles are "unbearable" and "painful"

this one's "unbearable" (yes that's also 辛 in chinese)

I forgot what was "painful" I'll have to google this for a while now ,_,

EDIT: i realised I wasn't answering the question ,_, sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I got a mobile phone waist bag today. I do not have an Imgur account yet and so I cannot link a pic. But it is similar to the one in this link:-
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...h8Urgj&id=554966739781&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

Back before smart phones, we have regular mobile phones and I used to carry it around in a little waist bag. Then, smart phones came along and suddenly waist bag is not that popular. So, in recent years, I carry my smart phones in either the side pocket of my pant or my shirt pocket. I dislike both. I really do not like having a bulk in the pant pocket. And, my phone tends to fall out of my shirt pocket often, especially when I need to bend over. And sometimes, my shirt pocket is not deep enough and 1/4 of the phone stands out. Being fed up, I finally hunt down a waist bag in a local store. I have been using this for a week and am quite happy. Carrying a phone like this has both pros and cons. But, to me, pros outweighs the cons. How do you carry your smart phone around?