Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
It is 20cm long.

I would recommend getting some low end gpu that will force mbo to gen 2 or 3, it is cheaper than riser and there are not gen4 risers that are fully compatible with P-ATX V2 that really work in gen4 mode.

With low end gpu (gt210, hd5450 something like that) you just pop it on when you restart the bios, you don't need to take the mbo out.
I'll go this route then. Now I just need to find custom cables to better manage my cables. The default corsair ones are way too long. Anyone use an existing premade set? If so for what case was it?

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone.
Longtime I havent posted something here.
Im currently rethinking my set up on my P-ATX v2 case.
I recently have a few bottleneck issue with my 9600k and my RTX 3080 XC3 (645LT from asetek with modded 80 mm fan).
At this point I have a few uprade options :

-The most expensive : go for a 12th Gen Core I9 + New MB & RAM sticks but the problem is the cooling solutions...
-Another option is to get a I9 9900k wich is compatible with my motherboard and has pretty good performance and low TDP compared to new generations. Still have to think about better cooling solutions...
-Change motherboard and CPU and going AMD with a 5800x but still I would have to find better cooling solution...

I might also need to change my PSU (I have an SF600 from Corsair) and this leeds me to a question :
Would it be possible to fit a 700w flex PSU between motherboard (Z390I ROG Strix) and original ITX PSU location, then use a bigger radiator on vertical position?

Vented panels (under the GPU) would be so nice aswell I could water cool everthing in this tiny unit. Is it possible to get some?

Thanks Ribba for your work and involvement, Im still a big fan of that case , and the V1 aswell ;)

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi folks, I have a question for next revision, would you mind usb-c connector on the front panel on bottom right or do you prefer it on side strongly?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi everyone.
Longtime I havent posted something here.
Im currently rethinking my set up on my P-ATX v2 case.
I recently have a few bottleneck issue with my 9600k and my RTX 3080 XC3 (645LT from asetek with modded 80 mm fan).
At this point I have a few uprade options :

-The most expensive : go for a 12th Gen Core I9 + New MB & RAM sticks but the problem is the cooling solutions...
-Another option is to get a I9 9900k wich is compatible with my motherboard and has pretty good performance and low TDP compared to new generations. Still have to think about better cooling solutions...
-Change motherboard and CPU and going AMD with a 5800x but still I would have to find better cooling solution...

I might also need to change my PSU (I have an SF600 from Corsair) and this leeds me to a question :
Would it be possible to fit a 700w flex PSU between motherboard (Z390I ROG Strix) and original ITX PSU location, then use a bigger radiator on vertical position?

Vented panels (under the GPU) would be so nice aswell I could water cool everthing in this tiny unit. Is it possible to get some?

Thanks Ribba for your work and involvement, Im still a big fan of that case , and the V1 aswell ;)

I would do a simple thing, get 9900k and just limit its TDP to 100-125W and it should be fine. Same goes for all other cpu's more or less, you can always to that and you won't loose any gaming performance. I wouldn't bother with flex psu, even if you could fit it they are really loud. It might be possible but it would be very tight, I wouldn't even consider that option tbh.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Hi folks, I have a question for next revision, would you mind usb-c connector on the front panel on bottom right or do you prefer it on side strongly?

I honestly would prefer no I/O on the front/side part of the case (except power switch), since I am a minimalist and don't want to deal with the internal cables.

But if I have to make a choice, it would be a simple front vandal switch, and a usb-c right below/under it. If interfering with the front radiator can be avoided. I guess it will diverge from your current v2 design, with the power button under the case.

Also, I hope you can offer holes for mounting custom panels on both sides of the case, in this revision. I was disappointed to discover that you removed the holes on the right side in the last revision. I usually end up putting custom panels on all cases I own.

Anyway, I look forward to the next revision. :)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Here it is, new V3 revision:

vincwins

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 5, 2022
Hi, I want to build my pc in the next days as I got lucky on a 3070 FE and wanted to ask if you could give a date when it will be (probably) possible to order the P-ATX V2

Rengoku

Case Bender
New User
Mar 8, 2022
Why didn't you ask before buying, I always help with such issues :)

You need this one, it fill fit mechanically although I haven't personally verified it:

Either R33UL-TU or R33UH-TU, 20cm long.
I'm looking to purchase a PCIE 4.0 riser too, but noticed that the link provided isn't fully 4.0 certified. I noticed the store also sells this newer model:

Would the 20cm R33SL 4.0 model work for the P-ATX V2?