Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Plan is to use a GPU (3080 FE) plus the capture card (El Gato 60).

Ok I see, in that case you would mount the GPU into it's designated spot and you would have to jerry rig a spot for a capture card, you could use ADT 1x riser, they make all kinds of risers:

Reactions: ZioComposite

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
So I have this case with an RTX 3080 and a 5950x, as well as a Scythe Shuriken 2 cooler. The 5950x seems to get hot quite quickly, causing the fans to work overtime. For instance, it usually exceeds 80 or 85 under minimal load (3 or 4 logical processors worth out of 32), and it readily exceeds 90 and starts throttling under half or full load. Even with the maximum processor state set to 80%, the fans are quite loud if anything moderately involved is happening (e.g. a video call inside a VM). Does anyone have any tips to mitigate this?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So I have this case with an RTX 3080 and a 5950x, as well as a Scythe Shuriken 2 cooler. The 5950x seems to get hot quite quickly, causing the fans to work overtime. For instance, it usually exceeds 80 or 85 under minimal load (3 or 4 logical processors worth out of 32), and it readily exceeds 90 and starts throttling under half or full load. Even with the maximum processor state set to 80%, the fans are quite loud if anything moderately involved is happening (e.g. a video call inside a VM). Does anyone have any tips to mitigate this?

Yeah, try going into bios and limiting power (PPT) to 95W. And check if you have enough thermal paste, zen2 and 3 require a bit more

frimboj09

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 4, 2021
I was planning on getting a P-ATX, but it looks like they're sold out now. When can we expect to have back in stock?

ZioComposite

Efficiency Noob
Sep 1, 2021
I was planning on getting a P-ATX, but it looks like they're sold out now. When can we expect to have back in stock?
There is a "subscribe" option on the page, would highly advise doing so! If you're okay with blemishes, keep an eye out for B-Stock as well.

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Quick question, what's the length for the pcie extension cable? I want to switch mine to a pcie gen 4 so I don't have to keep taking the mb out to update bios.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Quick question, what's the length for the pcie extension cable? I want to switch mine to a pcie gen 4 so I don't have to keep taking the mb out to update bios.

It is 20cm long.

I would recommend getting some low end gpu that will force mbo to gen 2 or 3, it is cheaper than riser and there are not gen4 risers that are fully compatible with P-ATX V2 that really work in gen4 mode.

With low end gpu (gt210, hd5450 something like that) you just pop it on when you restart the bios, you don't need to take the mbo out.