Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looking into a few things:

1) A proper shroud around the fan. Might also swap for Noctua Nf A9 x 25mm (zip ties are my friends) and shroud.
2) A slim fan behind the gpu, however, the asus tuf 6800xt is flow through and it does push heat through the back. Fan should help pull a lot more radiant heat out however
3) Install a Noctua NF A9 between the motherboard and PSU. Test as both exhaust and intake and see if it makes a difference.
Past that, I would have to look for a smaller gpu or different cooler. The main thing is isolating the heat from the GPU from going into the CPU intake.

I have a feeling number 1 and 3 will do wonders.

I would start with installing 25mm thick cooler on the cpu heatsink (N9 should be fine yeah) and that will push air better and also be close to the left panel, so you might not even need the shroud.

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
I would start with installing 25mm thick cooler on the cpu heatsink (N9 should be fine yeah) and that will push air better and also be close to the left panel, so you might not even need the shroud.
Will do. Should have an Nf-A9 by the weekend and will give that a go.

Reactions: riba2233

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Will do. Should have an Nf-A9 by the weekend and will give that a go.
So, the NfA9x25 by itself wasn't enough. Had to build a test shroud like the following to prevent gpu air from going into the CPU cooler, as well as because the axp90 copper blowes the air and exhausts through the left/side and not the top/bottom, have a shroud on 3 sides at which point my temps are in control. Currently working on 3d printing the shroud (once I can find someone to do it) and also 3d printing a 120mm to 92mm adaptor (once I find someone to print it) to see if I can install a NFA12x15 for even more airflow.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So, the NfA9x25 by itself wasn't enough. Had to build a test shroud like the following to prevent gpu air from going into the CPU cooler, as well as because the axp90 copper blowes the air and exhausts through the left/side and not the top/bottom, have a shroud on 3 sides at which point my temps are in control. Currently working on 3d printing the shroud (once I can find someone to do it) and also 3d printing a 120mm to 92mm adaptor (once I find someone to print it) to see if I can install a NFA12x15 for even more airflow.

Cool, thank you for the feedback!

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Np. Will keep updated as I do more. The case is excellent, just an unfortunate combination of components on my end that forces hot air into the CPU cooler.
Update: 120mm to 92mm adaptor with a NF A12 x 14 decreased gaming temps by 7 degrees. Using a duct made from cardboard as well.

Going to work on a duct that's 3d printed... but have a problem I am hoping I can get help with.

Somehow, I stripped the head of the screw on the back of the side panel and can't remove it (guess I tightened too much). Any suggestions on how to get it out to open it up?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Update: 120mm to 92mm adaptor with a NF A12 x 14 decreased gaming temps by 7 degrees. Using a duct made from cardboard as well.

Going to work on a duct that's 3d printed... but have a problem I am hoping I can get help with.

Somehow, I stripped the head of the screw on the back of the side panel and can't remove it (guess I tightened too much). Any suggestions on how to get it out to open it up?

That is nice to hear! Regarding the screw it would probably be best to cut a slot in it and then use flathead screwdriver. These panel screws don't have to be tightened to much :)

Reactions: razorgamez

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
That is nice to hear! Regarding the screw it would probably be best to cut a slot in it and then use flathead screwdriver. These panel screws don't have to be tightened to much :)
I drilled it out. Can you tell me what size screws they were? I am going to buy thumb screws at the same size.

damex

Caliper Novice
Aug 27, 2018
would I be able to squeeze ATX motherboard two risers on the bottom utilising all 'three pci-e slots'?
this is the motherboard of choice:
this is the two pci-e cards I want to use:
https://highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/series-ssd7204-overview.htm (fits within 1 pcie slot)
https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-vii (fits within 2 pcie slots)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
would I be able to squeeze ATX motherboard two risers on the bottom utilising all 'three pci-e slots'?
this is the motherboard of choice:
this is the two pci-e cards I want to use:
https://highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/series-ssd7204-overview.htm (fits within 1 pcie slot)
https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-vii (fits within 2 pcie slots)

Hi, it is definitely possible and some customers have done it, but it's not straightforward or a supported configuration.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
So I purchased the 15cm straight pcie 4.0 riser as linkup suggested on its compatibility chart for the P-ATX. Turns out the “straight” option isn’t correct. In order to avoid another expensive mistake can someone tell me what the correct configuration is and what would be the perfect length?

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
So I purchased the 15cm straight pcie 4.0 riser as linkup suggested on its compatibility chart for the P-ATX. Turns out the “straight” option isn’t correct. In order to avoid another expensive mistake can someone tell me what the correct configuration is and what would be the perfect length?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@riba2233 to the rescue

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Why didn't you ask before buying, I always help with such issues :)

You need this one, it fill fit mechanically although I haven't personally verified it:

Either R33UL-TU or R33UH-TU, 20cm long.

ZioComposite

Efficiency Noob
Sep 1, 2021
Why didn't you ask before buying, I always help with such issues :)

You need this one, it fill fit mechanically although I haven't personally verified it:

Either R33UL-TU or R33UH-TU, 20cm long.
Looking to use a capture card or try to but it only needs pixie x1. Any suggestion which would work?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looking to use a capture card or try to but it only needs pixie x1. Any suggestion which would work?

Also ATD link, but 1x is short, so I would just use 16x riser and you can insert 1x card in it no problem.

How well would this case operate horizontally and mounted underneath a desk?

Fine, you just need to leave enough clearance above the left (intake panel)

ZioComposite

Efficiency Noob
Sep 1, 2021
Also ATD link, but 1x is short, so I would just use 16x riser and you can insert 1x card in it no problem.
TBH I'm not sure if using a 1x capture card in the 16x physical slots would reduce how it runs. Typically my mobo (x570) would run like below. Just trying to make sure Top runs at it's max rated speed.
Top, x16
Middle, x8, x8
Bottom, x8, x8, x4

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
TBH I'm not sure if using a 1x capture card in the 16x physical slots would reduce how it runs. Typically my mobo (x570) would run like below. Just trying to make sure Top runs at it's max rated speed.
Top, x16
Middle, x8, x8
Bottom, x8, x8, x4

Do you plan to use only this card only or gpu plus this card?