Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

Magic35

Chassis Packer
Jan 27, 2021
Finally got around and built in the case, it really arrived super quickly, way quicker than I thought it would and the packaging job was super top notch, the case was really secured in the box. The case is super easy to build (for a first time SFX builder like myself), its really roomy and case construction feels really solid, to be honest. Only thing that can improve imo is the power coating job, there is some imperfections and it's really easy to scratch, my particular unit even arrived with some minor scuffs on the front panel and on the right side panel. Other than that, I'm overall really happy with my purchase.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Finally got around and built in the case, it really arrived super quickly, way quicker than I thought it would and the packaging job was super top notch, the case was really secured in the box. The case is super easy to build (for a first time SFX builder like myself), its really roomy and case construction feels really solid, to be honest. Only thing that can improve imo is the power coating job, there is some imperfections and it's really easy to scratch, my particular unit even arrived with some minor scuffs on the front panel and on the right side panel. Other than that, I'm overall really happy with my purchase.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you like the case, and I would like to see some pictured of your build!

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Creating an account just to say, I've pre-ordered a black case. Plan to install a 5800x and asus tuf 6800xt in there which should be interesting. What would be your best cooler suggestion is ram clearance is an issue?

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Creating an account just to say, I've pre-ordered a black case. Plan to install a 5800x and asus tuf 6800xt in there which should be interesting. What would be your best cooler suggestion is ram clearance is an issue?
Meant to say, *if ram clearance is an issue.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
most of the cooler that will fit in the P atx will clear the ram slot I think since most are keep out zone friendly coolers

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
most of the cooler that will fit in the P atx will clear the ram slot I think since most are keep out zone friendly coolers
I know max height is 59mm, but, any possibility of fitting the IS60- Evo? It's the only one I currently would have access to. It's 60mm, but, wondering if a very slight bend might work.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I know max height is 59mm, but, any possibility of fitting the IS60- Evo? It's the only one I currently would have access to. It's 60mm, but, wondering if a very slight bend might work.
I have this cooler right now, and I kind of hate it. The bottom fan (92mm) is nigh useless, half of it is pressed right up to the copper block with 0 clearance and I don't see how any air can move in that part of the fan.

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
I have this cooler right now, and I kind of hate it. The bottom fan (92mm) is nigh useless, half of it is pressed right up to the copper block with 0 clearance and I don't see how any air can move in that part of the fan.
Ah, damn.

Trying to figure out what cooler to use for the 5800x without ram clearance issues. The AXP100 costs as much as the case to get to Canada from what I can find.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I doubt is60 evo will fit, it is actually 62 mm tall. Maybe if you could get 12mm thick 120mm fan from scythe.

You also have shuriken2 and APX90 copper or APX90-53 (both great for RAM clearance, is60 and APX 100 are not so straightforward).

Reactions: DrHudacris

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
I doubt is60 evo will fit, it is actually 62 mm tall. Maybe if you could get 12mm thick 120mm fan from scythe.

You also have shuriken2 and APX90 copper or APX90-53 (both great for RAM clearance, is60 and APX 100 are not so straightforward).
Thanks! Just ordered the AXP90 - Copper. One last question if I may. When do you expect to ship the current preorders? (I ordered yesterday).

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021

Actually, one more question I had. My GPU is 342MM in length and 3 slot (2.9 slot). If I populate one 2.5" ssd beside it, would the SSD technically block the airflow of the third fan or would it be installed behind the GPU? (Which might also be an issue since it's flow through).

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Actually, one more question I had. My GPU is 342MM in length and 3 slot (2.9 slot). If I populate one 2.5" ssd beside it, would the SSD technically block the airflow of the third fan or would it be installed behind the GPU? (Which might also be an issue since it's flow through).

If you have only one 2.5" drive just put it in the upper position, next to the psu.

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Got the case, came very well packed, and in excellent condition. Black, B-Stock. Honestly can't even tell why it's B-stock. No blemish or issues that I can find.

Currently have a 5800x with an AXP90 + Asus Tuf 6800xt in there and thermals are a problem. BUT, I realized, thermals are only a problem when the GPU starts dumping heat which the AXP90 pulls in (and quickly hits 90). Quick fix was to use cardboard to create a shroud for the AXP90 (temps are around 80 now when gaming) until I can 3d print one. With no shroud and some active airflow, courtesy of a fan halfway across the room pointed at the case at low speed, temps are around 72. Currently, working on how I can achieve that using case fans. Basically, although the case has amazing airflow, my GPU is so large it dumps hot air directly onto the cpu cooler and I need to route the air somewhere else.

I do have the PPT manually set to 120, EDC and TDC at 90.

Will post pictures once I have a proper shroud and temps under control without an external fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Got the case, came very well packed, and in excellent condition. Black, B-Stock. Honestly can't even tell why it's B-stock. No blemish or issues that I can find.

Currently have a 5800x with an AXP90 + Asus Tuf 6800xt in there and thermals are a problem. BUT, I realized, thermals are only a problem when the GPU starts dumping heat which the AXP90 pulls in (and quickly hits 90). Quick fix was to use cardboard to create a shroud for the AXP90 (temps are around 80 now when gaming) until I can 3d print one. With no shroud and some active airflow, courtesy of a fan halfway across the room pointed at the case at low speed, temps are around 72. Currently, working on how I can achieve that using case fans. Basically, although the case has amazing airflow, my GPU is so large it dumps hot air directly onto the cpu cooler and I need to route the air somewhere else.

I do have the PPT manually set to 120, EDC and TDC at 90.

Will post pictures once I have a proper shroud and temps under control without an external fan.

So glad to hear this, this cases are barely B-stock but still, better to be safe :)

Yeah APX90 is a bit shorter and 5800x is the hottest cpu on the market (also have it, reached 90c on 360mm custom loop) and I'm sure that shroud will help :)

Please post pictures yeah, would like to see.

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
So glad to hear this, this cases are barely B-stock but still, better to be safe :)

Yeah APX90 is a bit shorter and 5800x is the hottest cpu on the market (also have it, reached 90c on 360mm custom loop) and I'm sure that shroud will help :)

Please post pictures yeah, would like to see.
I think, it's manageable with very minima;l performance loss once everything is tweaked. Will have an update in a week of two.

Reactions: riba2233

razorgamez

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2021
Installing a 120mm slim behind the GPU in the little mount underneath the PSU should help a little bit with pulling the hot air out of the case?
Looking into a few things:

1) A proper shroud around the fan. Might also swap for Noctua Nf A9 x 25mm (zip ties are my friends) and shroud.
2) A slim fan behind the gpu, however, the asus tuf 6800xt is flow through and it does push heat through the back. Fan should help pull a lot more radiant heat out however
3) Install a Noctua NF A9 between the motherboard and PSU. Test as both exhaust and intake and see if it makes a difference.

Past that, I would have to look for a smaller gpu or different cooler. The main thing is isolating the heat from the GPU from going into the CPU intake.

I have a feeling number 1 and 3 will do wonders.