Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

Aeromarine

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 28, 2021
good evening from Canada, just wondering if this case still taking preorder? on the website it says sold out...

nebulousone

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 9, 2020
Hi, I have already wrote about 6800XT fitting with ATX boards, it could fit in theory but nobody has tried it yet and it would be really tight. Spacers for the side panel wouldn't help because there is a flange on the pci bracket side.

If you want to be sure, I will also be releasing a larger model that will fit this configuration without any issues:

Or, you can sell that 6800XT to me and get a 3080FE 😋
Jk, and thank you for your interest, if you have any other questions I'd be glad to answer.
Finally, I can confirm that the reference 6800XT, if you can get one, does indeed fit in the P-ATX v2 quite snuggly. I crammed the leftover PCIE riser cable to the bottom of the case. I might have a problem with thermals though, since the GPU is quite beefy and outputs quite a bit of heat pretty much directly onto the CPU. 3080 FE most likely is the better card for this case, if one could actually buy one...

• Love
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Finally, I can confirm that the reference 6800XT, if you can get one, does indeed fit in the P-ATX v2 quite snuggly. I crammed the leftover PCIE riser cable to the bottom of the case. I might have a problem with thermals though, since the GPU is quite beefy and outputs quite a bit of heat pretty much directly onto the CPU. 3080 FE most likely is the better card for this case, if one could actually buy one...

OMG that is really nice to hear! Do you have any pictures of it maybe, I would like to see that :)

Regarding temps what kind of cpu cooling and temps do you get and what cpu do you use? A lot of the GPU heat will be exhausted to the bottom side, and cpu should get most of it's intake air directly from the side panel.

ricsonc

Chassis Packer
Feb 4, 2021
Joining the bandwagon! Thanks to @riba2233 for accommodating my request! Now if I can find who has the other panda!
I had wanted to run a 3080 with the EKWB Classic waterblock and build an "AIO" for the GPU using a 120mm radiator and an Eisbar LT dangling around as my pump.

Based from my measurement I should be able to fit a 120 rad and the EKWB Classic waterblock with a reference 3080 but not luck finding a 3080 with a fair price.

Current issue now is my 3600 seems to be running hot even with the AXP100. I easily hit 75C on Prime95 with 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.175v
Looking to replace the fan with a fan adapter and mounting either a Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14 or Thermalright TY-14013R

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Joining the bandwagon! Thanks to @riba2233 for accommodating my request! Now if I can find who has the other panda!
I had wanted to run a 3080 with the EKWB Classic waterblock and build an "AIO" for the GPU using a 120mm radiator and an Eisbar LT dangling around as my pump.

Based from my measurement I should be able to fit a 120 rad and the EKWB Classic waterblock with a reference 3080 but not luck finding a 3080 with a fair price.

Current issue now is my 3600 seems to be running hot even with the AXP100. I easily hit 75C on Prime95 with 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.175v
Looking to replace the fan with a fan adapter and mounting either a Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14 or Thermalright TY-14013R

Well the other panda went to UK :)

Nice build BTW, it looks like there are barely any cables at all in it!

Yes, ekwb classic and 120mm rad will fit no problem, you can even use 45mm thick rad. See this render:

Regarding your current cpu temps, there are a few factor I would take into account here.

1. in reversed orientation where cpu is on the bottom, it will have higher temps because it is harder for cooler to exhaust.
2. I am not sure if you can rotate the cooler 90 degrees, but if you can that would help since it would have less airflow restriction. Also the heat-pipe orientation probably isn't ideal, but there are a few arguments about whether that makes any difference.
3. make sure that the mount is good, and that you applied enough thermal paste. Zen2 and Zen2 require more paste because their die is not in the centre.
4. 75°C is actually a really good temp for Zen2 chip in 10L case so don't worry about it, just tweak fan curve to your liking.

Reactions: DrHudacris

ricsonc

Chassis Packer
Feb 4, 2021
Well the other panda went to UK :)

Nice build BTW, it looks like there are barely any cables at all in it!

Yes, ekwb classic and 120mm rad will fit no problem, you can even use 45mm thick rad. See this render:

Regarding your current cpu temps, there are a few factor I would take into account here.

1. in reversed orientation where cpu is on the bottom, it will have higher temps because it is harder for cooler to exhaust.
2. I am not sure if you can rotate the cooler 90 degrees, but if you can that would help since it would have less airflow restriction. Also the heat-pipe orientation probably isn't ideal, but there are a few arguments about whether that makes any difference.
3. make sure that the mount is good, and that you applied enough thermal paste. Zen2 and Zen2 require more paste because their die is not in the centre.
4. 75°C is actually a really good temp for Zen2 chip in 10L case so don't worry about it, just tweak fan curve to your liking.

Yeah! that setup is the dream setup at the moment! Thanks for that render.
Thanks for the notes on the cooling. I am using a Thermal Grizzly which I thinly and evenly applied. Unfortunately I am unable to mount the cooler 90 degrees the mounting does not support it.
I am running a constant 1800rpm fan curve until 70°C the fan is intolerable at 2200RPM. so next plan is to probably change fans too

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Yeah! that setup is the dream setup at the moment! Thanks for that render.
Thanks for the notes on the cooling. I am using a Thermal Grizzly which I thinly and evenly applied. Unfortunately I am unable to mount the cooler 90 degrees the mounting does not support it.
I am running a constant 1800rpm fan curve until 70°C the fan is intolerable at 2200RPM. so next plan is to probably change fans too

You can try with noctua a9x14 fan, since cooler has mounting holes for 92 mm fan even though it uses 100 mm fan. It spins up to 2500 rpm but has a better sound profile.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Are the holes still there for a custom side panel on the right side of the case? I checked the manual again, it seems maybe only the left side has the holes?

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
Yes, I have removed them from the right side, now only left side has them.
I just realized that EVGA's site lists the 3090 XC3 as a 2.2 slot card, which is weird because the FE is 3 slots. Is that true? If the 3080 XC3 would fit, would the 3090 also fit?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I just realized that EVGA's site lists the 3090 XC3 as a 2.2 slot card, which is weird because the FE is 3 slots. Is that true? If the 3080 XC3 would fit, would the 3090 also fit?

Yes, they are the same size. FE is a top model this generation, not a weakest reference design.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
How's it going with shipping the current batch? I noticed March is upon us, but I've got no shipping notice yet.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
How's it going with shipping the current batch? I noticed March is upon us, but I've got no shipping notice yet.

We have finally received cases from powder coating, so we will start shipping them out this week and week after, in the order of purchase, so depends on where you are on the list. You can send me an email and I can check it out.

Reactions: dealda

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
We have finally received cases from powder coating, so we will start shipping them out this week and week after, in the order of purchase, so depends on where you are on the list. You can send me an email and I can check it out.

Thanks, I am eagerly awaiting it, but 1-2 more weeks of waiting is no problem. I believe I ordered on December 5th or 6th.