Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I'm looking forward to putting a short 3090 FE waterblock up by the motherboard and then using an Alphacool monster 360 down in the bottom
My plan is similar - put the GPU in the upper position so I can have the entire bottom for the HWL GTR 360 rad + fans. Though my 2080Ti is reference so I may need to get a G-Unique custom PSU to gain back the width for pump+res mounting

Hi everyone, I have just finished the manual, I would appreciate if you would take a look and tell me if you find any issues, thank you!

Download link
Looks good, the green colour really pop. Though maybe the screws location can be enlarge and/or the highlighting circles be a bright colour (red) instead of just black for better visual highlights

On p.31 and 32 change the texts from "depending on the threads on your radiator, use either provided M3 or #6-32 bolts" to "depending on the threads on your radiator, use either provided M3 or #6-32 bolts or screws that came with the radiator" - this is because Hardware Labs radiators and those that HWL is the OEM (Bitspower, Corsair, etc.) use M4 threads

On p.13 and 36 - given how the riser cable is illustrated, only ones with 90-degree end works with the case? Those with flat ends (such as the 3M riser that came with the Dan A4 SFX) will not work since there is no mounting for it? Is it too late to add that to the GPU mounting bracket?

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
My plan is similar - put the GPU in the upper position so I can have the entire bottom for the HWL GTR 360 rad + fans. Though my 2080Ti is reference so I may need to get a G-Unique custom PSU to gain back to width for pump+res mounting

Looks good, the green colour really pop. Though maybe the screws location can be enlarge and/or the highlighting circles be a bright colour (red) instead of just black for better visual highlights

1. On p.31 and 32 change the texts from "depending on the threads on your radiator, use either provided M3 or #6-32 bolts" to "depending on the threads on your radiator, use either provided M3 or #6-32 bolts or screws that came with the radiator" - this is because Hardware Labs radiators and those that HWL is the OEM (Bitspower, Corsair, etc.) use M4 threads

2. On p.13 and 36 - given how the riser cable is illustrated, only ones with 90-degree end works with the case? Those with flat ends (such as the 3M riser that came with the Dan A4 SFX) will not work since there is no mounting for it? Is it too late to add that to the GPU mounting bracket?

1. Regarding radiator bolts, you have to considet that there is only a 1mm of space for the head of the bolt so you will have to either use screws that I have provided or if you use some other bolts they will have to be countersunk (as I did with my build).

2. I thought about that, but there is just not enough space for risers with straight end since their female end is much taller. Take into account that riser is only raised 6mm from the bottom of the case.

Thank you for your feedback :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
1. Regarding radiator bolts, you have to considet that there is only a 1mm of space for the head of the bolt so you will have to either use screws that I have provided or if you use some other bolts they will have to be countersunk (as I did with my build).
sure, but my point is to not misleading people in using the wrong threaded screws - that might lead to stripping the threads altogether on the radiator. otherwise you'll have to provide all the screw threads needed in all lengths too. just saying.

2. I thought about that, but there is just not enough space for risers with straight end since their female end is much taller. Take into account that riser is only raised 6mm from the bottom of the case.
yeah fair enough, I think the GPU should be secured enough with just the IO bracket screwed into the case, otherwise I'll makeshift something LOL

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
What is the thickest 360mm Rad that you can fit in it?
With GPU in upper position there's the full internal width of the case which is 93mm so you can fit the Alphacool MONSTA rad if you want to (80mm thick) with slim 140 fans (13mm thick).

With the GPU in default position, you have 93mm - the thickness of your GPU to work with.

starvegal

Cable Smoosher
Apr 17, 2021
I'm very excited for the release of this case! I've been following for several months now and slowly preparing my PC to transition into an N-ATX build (reducing the number of my drives, replacing my PSU with one that should fit).

My relevant parts list:
  • i7-9700K on a Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
  • G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM (supposedly 45mm tall)
  • MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x OC (57mm thick x 305mm long)
  • 1xNVMe M.2 SSD, 1x2.5" SATA SSD
  • Segotep Fully Modular 850W ATX PSU with dimensions below

I would love suggestions from anyone on air coolers for the CPU (or convince me that an AIO is worth it...?). I'm coming from a Hyper 212 Evo, no OC. I may consider OCing in the future as the CPU ages, but probably not.

I would also love any thoughts about potential compatibility issues with any of the dimensions listed above, and if anyone can be bothered, thoughts on whether I'll need to get new PSU cables.

Finally, I'm coming from a Corsair C70 case which I've been cooling with four 120mm fans. It looks like I shouldn't need to install fans in the N-ATX since all of the fans should have pretty direct access to outside air, but I want to be sure I'm not misunderstanding or underestimating how hot my build will get in this small case.

Thank you! Super excited for that release announcement!

Magic35

Chassis Packer
Jan 27, 2021
Hi, unfortunately no, 160mm is a hard limit due to the case construction, other components don't matter.
is there anything preventing you from installing a 170mm PSU in the case or its due to tolerances? I have a EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ which is 85mm (H) x 150mm (W) x 170mm (L), would i be able to squeeze in if I don't use the 3.5 and 2.5 bay?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm very excited for the release of this case! I've been following for several months now and slowly preparing my PC to transition into an N-ATX build (reducing the number of my drives, replacing my PSU with one that should fit).

My relevant parts list:
  • i7-9700K on a Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
  • G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM (supposedly 45mm tall)
  • MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x OC (57mm thick x 305mm long)
  • 1xNVMe M.2 SSD, 1x2.5" SATA SSD
  • Segotep Fully Modular 850W ATX PSU with dimensions below

I would love suggestions from anyone on air coolers for the CPU (or convince me that an AIO is worth it...?). I'm coming from a Hyper 212 Evo, no OC. I may consider OCing in the future as the CPU ages, but probably not.

I would also love any thoughts about potential compatibility issues with any of the dimensions listed above, and if anyone can be bothered, thoughts on whether I'll need to get new PSU cables.

Finally, I'm coming from a Corsair C70 case which I've been cooling with four 120mm fans. It looks like I shouldn't need to install fans in the N-ATX since all of the fans should have pretty direct access to outside air, but I want to be sure I'm not misunderstanding or underestimating how hot my build will get in this small case.

Thank you! Super excited for that release announcement!

Hi, glad you like the case!

Everything looks fine, you will have to manage psu cables a bit but shouldn't be impossible. Regarding CPU cooling, only way you could install AIO with such a large gpu would be by using 120mm aio with 92mm fan on it (I can provide the fan adapter).

Best or largest air coolers that fit N-ATX are:

So you can look up for some benchmarks.

You do not need any case fans indeed! All components have access to fresh cold air and can efficiently exhaust warm air. You could maybe add an 80mm fan on top if you cpu temps are too high, but I think it will be fine without it.

is there anything preventing you from installing a 170mm PSU in the case or its due to tolerances? I have a EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ which is 85mm (H) x 150mm (W) x 170mm (L), would i be able to squeeze in if I don't use the 3.5 and 2.5 bay?

Yes there is, a nut that holds the case together so it is a real mechanical block.

Last edited:

starvegal

Cable Smoosher
Apr 17, 2021
Hi, glad you like the case!

Everything looks fine, you will have to manage psu cables a bit but shouldn't be impossible. Regarding CPU cooling, only way you could install AIO with such a large gpu would be by using 120mm aio with 92mm fan on it (I can provide the fan adapter).

Best or largest air coolers that fit N-ATX are:

So you can look up for some benchmarks.

You do not need any case fans indeed! All components have access to fresh cold air and can efficiently exhaust warm air. You could maybe add an 80mm fan on top if you cpu temps are too high, but I think it will be fine without it.

Yes there is, a nut that holds the case together so it is a real mechanical block.

Thanks for your thoughts! Looked through those suggestions and I'm feeling like the Phanteks hits the right spots in terms of aesthetics, cooling capability, and customizability (I might swap the included 120mm fan for one of the 120mm RGB fans I already have).

If that's all I need, I'll just be waiting for that order form. The only thing that could've made the announcement today better was a button to buy now!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Announcement of the announcement... @riba2233 why do you copy AMD/Nvidia 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Well, you have to get on with the times 😛

Jk, but we want to give people enough time to plan their build before buying, not everyone saw it here.

Also, a warning, release date won't be long after the announcement.

as long he doesn't copy AMD/Nvidia inventory amount.... lol

I also have to warn that first batch is not very big, so I recommend to anyone who really wants it to be quick. Next batch is coming relatively soon though.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Jk, but we want to give people enough time to plan their build before buying, not everyone saw it here.
fair point, it's still funny though 😂

personally I need to sort out 2 things - shipping arrangement to Vietnam (1), and getting a HWL GTR 360 radiator (2). so most likely later batches for me 😝

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
fair point, it's still funny though 😂

personally I need to sort out 2 things - shipping arrangement to Vietnam (1), and getting a HWL GTR 360 radiator (2). so most likely later batches for me 😝

Yeah I know, Vietnam is not on our post offices list even for letters, and DHL (cheapest courier) is like 160 USD, and I have to check if they even accept such a large box for this service (express easy).