Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
Once the case comes to me I could design a 3d bracket, publish it to thingiverse and you could find someone nearby that could 3d print it for you. If you don't have a gpu, and your cpu is not generating much heat, you can use PETG, maybe even PLA?

Thank you for proposal, I wouldn't like to bother you with it - it's much easier to just buy them from that Lian Li...

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I know thicker drives (15mm) are not supported but, here: and here: https://level1techs.com/article/dr-ząber-sentry-20-micro-atx-pc-build it's implied that there might be some more space
to fit those. Are there any sideffects to cooling, noise, etc that would make a thicker drive a bad idea?

This is a bit of stretch coming from Wendell actually. I talked about it with him, and this drive is slightly thinner than 15 mm, it already pushes the cover upwards, and you can only fit it like that in the slot above the riser, because the other slot has screws preventing you from laying the drive directly on top of the center rail, and getting closer to the front probably means pushing the cover at the end even higher. He also insulated its PCB with lacquer to prevent short circuiting to conductive metal surface.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
What about the white color? :c it was very sexy

Yes, it was, but at the same time it was more difficult in manufacturing. To paint in white we had to take cases to a different paintshop and wait in line. We said before, that it is possible that white colour will come back, but our current steel elements manufacturer would need a robotized station for applying powder coating. We demand very high quality for our colours and without automatic process it is very hard to achieve best results with the white one. Maybe if we would gather 5000 orders, then our submanufacturer would buy those robots and then he will achieve the repeatability for white colour on a level we will accept. Right now we will go only with Deep Black and Navy Gray.

Reactions: Talyrius and Nomo

aranel42

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2019
I realise it might be a hard question to answer, but do you think it would work to spraypaint white (plus clearcoat) directly over the navy grey? Thinking mainly of tolerances with an additional, albeit thin, extra layer of paint. Do you think I'd risk things not fitting back together well enough if I paint it myself?

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
I realise it might be a hard question to answer, but do you think it would work to spraypaint white (plus clearcoat) directly over the navy grey? Thinking mainly of tolerances with an additional, albeit thin, extra layer of paint. Do you think I'd risk things not fitting back together well enough if I paint it myself?

if you really want a white Sentry 2.0 case, i can powdercoat it for you.

juvenchan

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2017
Im looking to build a second desktop and would like to get myself prepared for all the custom cables.
How long should i get for pci-e cables for my RX Vega 64? The height of my GPU is around 4 inch.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Im looking to build a second desktop and would like to get myself prepared for all the custom cables.
How long should i get for pci-e cables for my RX Vega 64? The height of my GPU is around 4 inch.

If you're doing them yourself, I'd wait until you have the case in-hand and measure the lengths then. If you're having them made for you, I'd suggest the same thing.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
What happens if, god forbid, case comes with defect in paint or with some other mechanical damage?

If the damage was made by the courier company, and you wrote a damage report with the delivery guy, then you will receive another case, another undamaged element or a refund (damage report is a must-have in a situation when you will get your case in a damaged packaging).

If the case came in an undamaged packaging and the defect seems like it shouldn't pass through our quality control (in other words: it was our fault), then we will start our internal investigation and most likely you will receive new, working element.

This is how warranty should work, right? Even if it is an on-demand product, even if it is a crowdfunding campaign, you will get a Sentry with warranty.

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
If the damage was made by the courier company, and you wrote a damage report with the delivery guy, then you will receive another case, another undamaged element or a refund (damage report is a must-have in a situation when you will get your case in a damaged packaging).

If the case came in an undamaged packaging and the defect seems like it shouldn't pass through our quality control (in other words: it was our fault), then we will start our internal investigation and most likely you will receive new, working element.

This is how warranty should work, right? Even if it is an on-demand product, even if it is a crowdfunding campaign, you will get a Sentry with warranty.

Sounds good, thanks!

Reactions: LeandroB