Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
How wide is the GPU bay between the middle separator bar and the outside plate ??

Depends on at which point you ask - at the level of 2.5" drives/GPU backplate or lower? Can you tell me what you are thinking about doing with it?

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Depends on at which point you ask - at the level of 2.5" drives/GPU backplate or lower? Can you tell me what you are thinking about doing with it?

At the base of the case - thinking of installing a 2.5" hot swap bay and the width is 146mm. Length is not an issue and height is 40mm so should lie below the 2.5 drive L-indent

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
At the base of the case - thinking of installing a 2.5" hot swap bay and the width is 146mm. Length is not an issue and height is 40mm so should lie below the 2.5 drive L-indent

That's an interesting concept. Are you planning to hot-swap these through the PCI slot holes at the back?

The distance between the wall and the first obstructing surface of the side of case is 137.5 mm.
If it doesn't need to lay directly on the floor but will be slightly elevated, we're talking about 139 mm between the wall and screw threads/threaded bushings.
If you can elevate this piece from the bottom of the case by 7 mm and move it from the back by 16 mm, then you'll still have 43 mm of space vertically and 143 mm horizontally, where I assume you need 146 mm.
All of those assuming you're not installing a GPU and the riser assembly is not installed.

The hole for AIO in front of PSU is 144 mm wide and 39 mm tall, so no luck here as well.

Can you send me the link to this hot swap bay? Maybe this will clear things out for me how it would be mounted inside.

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
That's an interesting concept. Are you planning to hot-swap these through the PCI slot holes at the back?

The distance between the wall and the first obstructing surface of the side of case is 137.5 mm.
If it doesn't need to lay directly on the floor but will be slightly elevated, we're talking about 139 mm between the wall and screw threads/threaded bushings.
If you can elevate this piece from the bottom of the case by 7 mm and move it from the back by 16 mm, then you'll still have 43 mm of space vertically and 143 mm horizontally, where I assume you need 146 mm.
All of those assuming you're not installing a GPU and the riser assembly is not installed.

The hole for AIO in front of PSU is 144 mm wide and 39 mm tall, so no luck here as well.

Can you send me the link to this hot swap bay? Maybe this will clear things out for me how it would be mounted inside.

Correct, no GPU - will mount it longitudinally so the 300mm GPU length is more than sufficient
Something like this
https://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=301
or
https://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=184

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
It seems like the one with fan outside of the medal body, the one with 6 slots, might be able to fit if this fan goes through the hole for riser or for AIO and slots are facing side of the case and not the back. But that's only IF the fan thickness is included in the 148mm dimension, because the fan is at least 10 mm thick. Otherwise that's a complete no-go.

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
I have a questions about the vertical support, its match with the case's main color?
cuz i saw the last Indiegogo pictures and doesn't match

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I have a questions about the vertical support, its match with the case's main color?
cuz i saw the last Indiegogo pictures and doesn't match

Vertical stand is in the same black colour powder coating as the black case variant like it was before. This + the power switch being black, screws being black and rubber feed/plugs being black contrasts well with grey colour and shows these details like it did with white variant.

Reactions: Talyrius and Nomo

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
Vertical stand is in the same black colour powder coating as the black case variant like it was before. This + the power switch being black, screws being black and rubber feed/plugs being black contrasts well with grey colour and shows these details like it did with white variant.
one more question, Indiegogo have problems shipping to Mexico?
Do you have any idea about shipping cost?

Agony11111

Chassis Packer
Mar 17, 2019
hello,
i am very interested in this case. couple question.
1. how many days will the crowdfunding lasted for?
2. your twitter saying you have 50 sample batch, will these be the same quality and standard as those from mass production? if yes, will you ship these to early buyers before the end of crowdfunding?
3. is mass production started?

i would like to get this case as soon as possible :)

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
It seems like the one with fan outside of the medal body, the one with 6 slots, might be able to fit if this fan goes through the hole for riser or for AIO and slots are facing side of the case and not the back. But that's only IF the fan thickness is included in the 148mm dimension, because the fan is at least 10 mm thick. Otherwise that's a complete no-go.

Thanks for taking the time to explain :)

ajill321

What's an ITX?
Mar 21, 2019

hello,
i am very interested in this case. couple question.
2. your twitter saying you have 50 sample batch, will these be the same quality and standard as those from mass production? if yes, will you ship these to early buyers before the end of crowdfunding?

i would like to get this case as soon as possible :)

Ive seen this question on few different forums in recent days and you guys haven't answered it? Is there any reason for this?

I like user "Agony11111" would like to know whats the earliest date that i can get my hands on this product.

Can you please provide some information regarding this or at least explain that you cannot answer it, and when you may be able to?
You mention the countdown is for indiegogo campaign, is this crowd funding campaign? Or a market place campaign with delivery date?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Ive seen this question on few different forums in recent days and you guys haven't answered it? Is there any reason for this?

I like user "Agony11111" would like to know whats the earliest date that i can get my hands on this product.

Can you please provide some information regarding this or at least explain that you cannot answer it, and when you may be able to?
You mention the countdown is for indiegogo campaign, is this crowd funding campaign? Or a market place campaign with delivery date?

It's not like we don't want to answer those questions. Most of them were answered before, and we just don't want to repeat ourselves.
For example, your questions about the timer and the form of order were answered on previous site of this topic, 11 posts earlier (here).

We will try to keep answering those "marketing" questions, but on some forums it is seen as advertising and repeatedly giving such information is sometimes seen as advertising, and we could get banned for that (this happened to several users in other forum and we are a little bit careful with that).

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016

30 days (or 31.... atm I don't remember if it was a month or only 30 days for indiegogo platform)

This batch was made to test Sentry 2.0 in terms of repeatability. It went great so we sent those engineering samples to our testers and reviewers (you probably already saw some of the reviews on youtube... next will show up later). It means we don't have them in our stock anymore (maybe a few of them for our internal tests).

We won't go with option of "early buyers" or "early birds" in the campaign. In such situation we would need to make a higher price for people who ordered the case using such option (Sentry is already quite expensive product, and separating production for small "early birds" batch will increase the costs of it, because of perturbing our manufacturing process). In that case many people who are with us in this and other forums for years wouldn't be able to afford that higher price, while they also would like to get it earlier. We get that this is a product like other premium products on the shelf and we could use that "early birds" marketing options, but it is a community product and we do not want to force prices higher if it is not needed (no matter if some people are able to pay up to $900 USD for our case like we saw in some e-bay auctions).

Also there will be no option to start shipping cases before end of crowdfunding, because... it is crowdfunding, and the idea of crowdfunding is to gather money to make some product to life. We are engineering bureau. We design and manufacture heavy duty industrial machines and small wind turbines and Sentry is our "after hours" hobby project, which isn't a main target for our company. It means we have to gather funds in order to start manufacturing it. If there won't be enough people to support it, then we simply won't make it, and we will move forward with our other stuff.

The thing you also have to keep in mind is that, indiegogo is releasing funds about 2 or 3 weeks after the end of the campaign, so if we will start the campaign in April and it will last for a month, then we will get money for our subcontractors maybe even at the end of May. They (subcontractors) also will need time to manufacture Sentry elements before they will send them to us for final quality control, assembling and packaging.

In other words: There will be no earlier cases shipping before the end of crowdfunding campaign, because we don't have cases in stock and we have to manufacture them in order to be able to send them to you.

Nope. If we were able to start mass production, why do we need a crowdfunding? It isn't fair if someone made a full stock of products or is already making a full mass production and say "he has to make a crowdfunding" in order to manufacture them or even start selling them. We saw many manufacturers who did such thing (even in some SFF cases campaigns), but we think it is not fair. If you have a product in an amount of those hundreds or thousands units, then start selling them, and not call it crowdfunding. As I stated before, Sentry is our hobby project made with you guys, and we need to gather money to make it happen. We won't start mass production until we will gather funds for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeandroB

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
one more question, Indiegogo have problems shipping to Mexico?
Hmmm... I don't remember problems with sending packages to Mexico. We are sending packages with DHL express air shipping, and we never got any reports about problems with shipping to Mexico.

Do you have any idea about shipping cost?

Mexico is in 5th DHL zone, so it will cost about $56 USD (40x40x15cm, 5kg package). It is quite expensive, but in previous campaign with cheap economic shipping some people had to wait even 3-4 for months before their package was delivered by ship from Europe, while with DHL express shipping you should get your Sentry within 7 working days (usually 2-3 working days from Poland to US - we checked and confirmed that).

Reactions: LeandroB and Nomo

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016

Would have been nice if we could fit that fanless SFX-L in the 2.0 model. But I guess the power button would have to be relocated completely then?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Would have been nice if we could fit that fanless SFX-L in the 2.0 model.

No, it wouldn't :) Fanless power supplies are designed to be installed in places with good airflow. I know Sentry 2.0 has denser ventilation and can accommodate even more power-hungry stuff, but you will generate a tons of heat in that place, and this PSU won't get as much airflow as it needs. It is possible that you can either kill your PSU, or make your system unstable, because PSU will start to turning itself off to prevent its overheating and damaging.

But I guess the power button would have to be relocated completely then?

That's right. If you will install bigger than SFX power supply, then you will need to relocate your power button and you won't be able to use AIO.